Help! Has anyone see this before??

Cinnimin74

First Name
Erin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Rubicon 2.0
So a few weeks ago after sitting in L.A. traffic for 4 hours and then 2 hours on a trail (at night in cold temps and in 4hi) I noticed this on my gauges when we hit our campsite and I shut the engine off. During the whole time on the trail my temps were reading normal and my cooling fan kept coming on when needed. I've seen this once before after the first time I took it off road after only having the Jeep for about 2 weeks. Scared the crap out of me. I'm wondering if it's "normal" or if I should even bother contacting the dealership to check it out. I'm just worried since we have a big trip coming up to Moab the end of March and I'm scared to death I'm going to blow the engine out on a trail! :crying: Any help or insight into this would be great!
570795-ad82cc955d59d1393eb7c9e15c6c083c.jpg
Sponsored

19 JLUR Bright Whit3

First Name
Zeke
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Stretched 2 door Rubi (LOL)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired Punisher
Vehicle Showcase
That is high! Next time check with the engine running. I will assume the coolant would be hotter without some sort of circulation or air flow. My .02.

Reactions: OBD

mllcb42

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4xe HA, 392XR
Someone at jeep decided to be clever and bury some Easter eggs into the gauges when things are turned off...

419 is the area code for Toledo, Ohio

Normally, I find the Easter eggs amusing, but overriding critical engine information is stupid.

IceBerg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XR 392
My XR392 was showing exactly that for teh engine and transmission.

I was driving in the mountains of new mexico and temps were fine. Stopped at a gas station and when I put teh jeep into run or acc mode (without starting) the temps were crazy. But if I started they would be normal.

temps.jpg

OP
OP
Cinnimin74

Cinnimin74

First Name
Erin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Rubicon 2.0
Oh trust me, I was checking the next day when we were out on the trails again. This pic is from the next day after being on a trail for about 3 hours (engine was still running).
570802-d1db9ca47df5d471103ebd291b7b5e34.jpg

Sponsored

OP
OP
Cinnimin74

Cinnimin74

First Name
Erin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Rubicon 2.0
Someone at jeep decided to be clever and bury some Easter eggs into the gauges when things are turned off...

419 is the area code for Toledo, Ohio

Normally, I find the Easter eggs amusing, but overriding critical engine information is stupid.
Are you fricking kidding me?!?! If that's true that's just stupid. Nothing like making a person stress out because they want to do something "cute".

mllcb42

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4xe HA, 392XR
What is the significants of the 401 trans. temperature. Rhode Island ?
Good question. I looked to see if I could find any mention of it and haven't found anything.

Sponsored

Rollcast

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT, 4xe
Our 4xe does a weird 419 thing. When I take off in pure electric, off road pages show oil temp as 419. Once the engine kicks on, it will start reading real temps.

OP
OP
Cinnimin74

Cinnimin74

First Name
Erin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Rubicon 2.0
I'm wondering if I should even bother taking it to the dealership to look at it. I'm sure if it is a "hidden egg" they probably wouldn't even say anything about that either :facepalm: And how do we explain the transmission temp?

19 JLUR Bright Whit3

First Name
Zeke
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Stretched 2 door Rubi (LOL)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired Punisher
Vehicle Showcase
I'm wondering if I should even bother taking it to the dealership to look at it. I'm sure if it is a "hidden egg" they probably wouldn't even say anything about that either :facepalm:
and they'll find something that will cost you money! LOL