Sponsored

Hello! Future JL owner here

ormandj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLUR X 4xe
actually its every 30 thousand according to the manual that Jeepinforment goes over on the youtube ....this video
2.0 turbo and 3.6 maintenance schedule, Fluids and capacities 2018 Jeep JL Wrangler @ the 4min mark
Are you trolling now? The actual owners manual says 60k miles for the 2.0. I've attached a screenshot.

Screenshot_20181107-030411.png
Sponsored

OP
OP
DiabloBlanco

DiabloBlanco

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sport S
Hey guys thanks so far for the comments. Believe me, I totally agree that the Jeep didn't feel claustrophobic or confined in any way to me. I could not have been happier or more comfortable. I actually felt more comfortable in the JK than my 07 F150.

I don't think it's a space thing for my wife as much of a shape thing, if that makes sense. For instance I was driving my brother's 2013 Mustang GT the other night and she was sitting in the tiny back seat perfectly fine. She did mention the windshield being an issue with the JK, saying it's "too flat." Haha I know! But it is apparently an issue for her. I agree that more driving time, and some time with her behind the wheel, will help a lot.

Also, like I said, I'm not buying a JL for another year at least (sadly :crying:) so luckily I have plenty of time to see how these 2.0s do and wait for kinks to be smoothed out. I will definitely be doing a ton of research before buying, including the best way to buy my Jeep. I know a lot of people order them here so I'll look into that when the time comes too. But yes, I am set on a 4 door haha!

old8tora

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK Sport
But yes, I am set on a 4 door haha!
The rich Bentleys in Florida will haha-not when you try to maneuver the 4-door into the cozy parking spot between them .

The other Jeeps on the trail will haha-not when you try to maneuver the 4-door out of a tight spot on the trail .

Meanwhile , the 2-doors will haha with their 2-door agility and maneuverability , lol .

See post # 3 ( above ) for the correct look of a utilitarian Jeep .

OP
OP
DiabloBlanco

DiabloBlanco

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sport S
The rich Bentleys in Florida will haha-not when you try to maneuver the 4-door into the cozy parking spot between them .

The other Jeeps on the trail will haha-not when you try to maneuver the 4-door out of a tight spot on the trail .

Meanwhile , the 2-doors will haha with their 2-door agility and maneuverability , lol .

See post # 3 ( above ) for the correct look of a utilitarian Jeep .
You guys are relentless :cwl: believe me, I will be test driving the 2 door as well, but I highly doubt it. The JLU fits my lifestyle better and will still allow me to go offroad. Like I said, this will also be my DD and our long-trip vehicle.

BVGeezer

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLU, 1982 FJ40
Occupation
Retired
Take it from a guy who has been married for 44 years and companions for over 50... If mama don't want it, your life will be miserable. I suggest finding an older 2 door JK or better yet a YJ to borrow or rent. Let her drive it. Then let her drive the a 4 door JL. That might help convert her. I'm lucky. The wife drove a JLUR last winter and told me we were going to buy one.

Sponsored

OP
OP
DiabloBlanco

DiabloBlanco

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sport S
Take it from a guy who has been married for 44 years and companions for over 50... If mama don't want it, your life will be miserable. I suggest finding an older 2 door JK or better yet a YJ to borrow or rent. Let her drive it. Then let her drive the a 4 door JL. That might help convert her. I'm lucky. The wife drove a JLUR last winter and told me we were going to buy one.
Oh don't I know it...that's why I need to fix this issue so I can get my JL! Haha. My brother owns a JKU and I'm definitely going to have her drive it soon. And when we test the JLs, I'm going to insist she drives as well.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
actually its every 30 thousand according to the manual that Jeepinforment goes over on the youtube ....this video
2.0 turbo and 3.6 maintenance schedule, Fluids and capacities 2018 Jeep JL Wrangler @ the 4min mark
I wonder which is correct? I looked up the 2018 JL Owners Manual online. It's the 3rd-R2 version. Page 433 list the maintenance schedule for both the 2.0 turbo and the 3.6. They have the 2.0 turbo engine spark plug replacement listed at 60K miles or 6 years.

I know FCA had weird or confusing misprints before. I think I remember reading FCA listing the wrong oil type for the 2.0 turbo in some documents. Or maybe it was some 2.0 Turbo engines were filled with the wrong oil from the factory? There is also some confusion about the gas tank sizes for 2-door JLs. In the JL buyers guide the tanks size is listed at 17.5 gallons. On some build sheets it's listed as 18.5?

Attachments

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Are you trolling now? The actual owners manual says 60k miles for the 2.0. I've attached a screenshot.

Thanks for the screen shot. I was second guessing for a second. lol.

Endeego

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Rubicon (Mojito!); 2015 Ducati Diavel (carbon red); Volvo XC90
Occupation
Shepherd
Hey guys thanks so far for the comments. Believe me, I totally agree that the Jeep didn't feel claustrophobic or confined in any way to me. I could not have been happier or more comfortable. I actually felt more comfortable in the JK than my 07 F150.

I don't think it's a space thing for my wife as much of a shape thing, if that makes sense. For instance I was driving my brother's 2013 Mustang GT the other night and she was sitting in the tiny back seat perfectly fine. She did mention the windshield being an issue with the JK, saying it's "too flat." Haha I know! But it is apparently an issue for her. I agree that more driving time, and some time with her behind the wheel, will help a lot.

Also, like I said, I'm not buying a JL for another year at least (sadly :crying:) so luckily I have plenty of time to see how these 2.0s do and wait for kinks to be smoothed out. I will definitely be doing a ton of research before buying, including the best way to buy my Jeep. I know a lot of people order them here so I'll look into that when the time comes too. But yes, I am set on a 4 door haha!
Hi Jeff,
I have the four door (JLUR) and love it. For me it has way more versatility with the extra space.

As far as your wife feeling claustrophobic, my wife had a similar feeling because the passenger seat is relatively low and not adjustable up an down (the driver's seat is very adjustable). She says that sitting in the passenger seat makes her feel like a child.
Best of luck,
Mike

Lord-Maniac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Jk

interesting He works at a Jeep Dealer and it initially said every 30 thou maybe they changed it due to bad PR lol @4 min mark

Sponsored

Torero

First Name
J. Diego
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon, FJ Cruiser, BMW Z3, F650,GL63 AMG, STI
Hey everyone! New guy here.

My name is Jeff, I'm living in Jacksonville FL. I do not have a Jeep yet but I plan on buying a JLU in the next year or so, when I get back from my "mobilization" to DC (don't feel right calling it a deployment haha but this'll be my third, though first that isn't overseas).

I've been lurking for a little while and just decided to join up. Have wanted a Wrangler for as long as I can remember...probably first when I watched Jurassic Park back in the '90s. Now I absolutely love everything about the JL and need one in my life. I've been looking into the 2.0 turbo lately and am leaning towards that, but waiting to see what the price and specs of the diesel look like.

Anyways, I actually do have a query for you guys. I finally got to drive a Wrangler for the first time a couple weeks ago and it definitely cemented my need for one. I rented a 2018 JKU sport with a hard top .I absolutely loved it, but my wife..not so much. She felt very claustrophobic riding in it. I did not have the chance to let her ride in it with the freedom panels off (though I did and I loved it), so I can't say if that would help. But has anyone else experienced this? She drives a 2013 Ford Escape SE and honestly I feel like I have WAY more room in the JKU but she did not. I've read that some people felt this way in the JK but not the JL, but we haven't test driven one yet. Do you guys have any input on this? I want a JL so bad it hurts, so I don't want something like this to ruin that dream. Would maybe a soft top help?

Thanks in advance and I'm glad to be here. Can't wait to get my Jeep! Gonna be a little while...but it'll be worth it.
I felt the same thing the first time in the Wrangler. It is the proximity to the windshield. It doesn’t take long to get used to it. Some cars, like the the Ford Explorer have a ridiculous console in front and the windshield is way out there. It actually has less visibility than the wrangler but “feels” bigger. She’ll grow into it.

azamani

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited JL Sport S

My name is Jeff, I'm living in Jacksonville FL. I do not have a Jeep yet but I plan on buying a JLU in the next year or so, when I get back from my "mobilization" to DC (don't feel right calling it a deployment haha but this'll be my third, though first that isn't overseas).

I've been lurking for a little while and just decided to join up. Have wanted a Wrangler for as long as I can remember...probably first when I watched Jurassic Park back in the '90s. Now I absolutely love everything about the JL and need one in my life. I've been looking into the 2.0 turbo lately and am leaning towards that, but waiting to see what the price and specs of the diesel look like.

Anyways, I actually do have a query for you guys. I finally got to drive a Wrangler for the first time a couple weeks ago and it definitely cemented my need for one. I rented a 2018 JKU sport with a hard top .I absolutely loved it, but my wife..not so much. She felt very claustrophobic riding in it. I did not have the chance to let her ride in it with the freedom panels off (though I did and I loved it), so I can't say if that would help. But has anyone else experienced this? She drives a 2013 Ford Escape SE and honestly I feel like I have WAY more room in the JKU but she did not. I've read that some people felt this way in the JK but not the JL, but we haven't test driven one yet. Do you guys have any input on this? I want a JL so bad it hurts, so I don't want something like this to ruin that dream. Would maybe a soft top help?

Thanks in advance and I'm glad to be here. Can't wait to get my Jeep! Gonna be a little while...but it'll be worth it.
Haven't read through all the replies on here but my JL 4 door feels like it has plenty of room to not feel claustrophobic. It may be the "boxy-ness" she's not used to and is more accustomed to the modern sleek curves on vehicles these days. Not sure if it will help, but the JL has a much upgraded interior to make you feel you're in a up-to-date vehicle.

I would really just recommend test driving one with her and I'm sure she'll change her mind.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sorry man Never Troll its every 30 in the video? weird
You are good. I was not the one who accused anyone of trolling. I wonder which is correct? There will be some confused service managers due to this. Or owners will be accusing the dealer of trying to sell them a spark plug replacement thinking they don't need them for another 30K miles.

Jl owner

First Name
Harry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JL

I just ordered a JL unlimited with the premium soft top. Much better quality and looks. Hardtops are a pain to deal with. With a soft top just fold it back and go!
Sponsored