Bestop

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
The Bestop Team
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU
We haven't committed to a date yet, we have said "coming soon". Granted, it's been a long coming soon ;) Like i have said in other posts, I like my job and don't want to leak info that will get me fired. I got the green light to talk about it in our video Thursday. Please don't hold your breath, it is still a few days away, but we would love for you to tune in :)

CassieAtBestop

You have had 9-10 months to get the story straight. Please forgive me if I am not holding my breath.
Sponsored

Man-of-methods

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUR (His) 2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUS (Hers)
Vehicle Showcase
Hey guys,

The Sunroider for Hardtop for the JL is coming first, then the Trektop NX. I know you guys are excited about the release, and we are too. We had to make sure the top was the quality you expect from us. I understand some of you are upset it took so long, but we promise it will be worth the wait!

I am confirming some info for you right now, Keep an eye on Facebook Thursday...

CassieAtBestop
And for the long wait.... Get ready to pay dearly. Might as well get in line to sell a kidney. :devil:

Not some, but everyone is upset.

stuckinohio

First Name
Lewis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Sport S 4 Door
Could Someone who follows Facebook please post the link here when the video debuts? I want that Trek Top NX glide badly and I don't follow Facebook.

OP
OP
Bestop

Bestop

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
The Bestop Team
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU
I can post the link if no one beats me to it :)

For half door, I don't have an ETA on that. I know we have been concentrating on soft tops, but that doesn't mean we haven't been working on it.

CassieAtBestop

Sponsored

vonbek

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUR
@BestopTeam Now that you've outed some information in the video, can you give us a list of upcoming items and estimated release? I got some of it on the video, but you lost connection so many times it was difficult to find everything.

rallydefault

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport S
Very cool! Thanks for the vid! Just a quick question: best I could discern for the soft doors was "soon," and mentioned pretty closely with the bikini mesh top which was labeled as November. So perhaps November-ish for the soft doors?

OP
OP
Bestop

Bestop

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
The Bestop Team
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU
Sorry guys connection was horrible!

Sunrider for Hardtop: October
Trektop NX: Early next year if not sooner
Bikini tops: November
Half doors and bumpers I can get an ETA Monday for you. I said coming soon but I believe i have a month i can share with you.

Replacement windows, check out Morris 4x4 center. They posted they had OEM tops in stock the other day!

Have a great weekend, we will be on the trails tomorrow!

CassieAtBestop

Sponsored

vonbek

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUR
Sorry guys connection was horrible!

Sunrider for Hardtop: October
Trektop NX: Early next year if not sooner
Bikini tops: November
Half doors and bumpers I can get an ETA Monday for you. I said coming soon but I believe i have a month i can share with you.

Replacement windows, check out Morris 4x4 center. They posted they had OEM tops in stock the other day!

Have a great weekend, we will be on the trails tomorrow!

CassieAtBestop
Do the bikini tops perhaps include the retractable sunshade?

homerun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 XJ, 2004 Ford Ranger, 2013 Subaru Impreza, 1996 HD Springer Softtail, past jeep 1995 YJ
@BestopTeam @Cassie

I know its very early but now that the gladiator has been revealed I have a question. Consensus over on the JT forum is that the soft top will not go all the way down without full removal and that it will only sit in the sun rider position above rear passengers heads. I understand the trade off and that this was done to maximize bed space however in this instant I feel the wrong decision was made. If I need the extra 8-10 inches of bed space I would simply put the top up. I know I am not alone in feeling this way. Many of us just do not like the look of the sun rider position on the JT.

Any chance this can be addressed with a change in the way the brackets are hinged to fold? I would even be willing to buy a complete new top if necessary. If this is not already in the works could you run it by the decision makers at Besttop and at least put it on their radar. It will still be several months before JTs are for sale so I know I'm early but I would love to see a solution by next summer when I get my new truck!

Feel free to reply/join to the discussion over here: https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/forum/threads/pics-with-the-soft-top-down-not-off.8503/

Thank you

THOMAS12789

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Jeep Wrangler U
I've said it before, and I'll say it again: I want....er....scratch that.....NEED soft doors for this baby! PLEASE, Bestop, make it happen! If not, I'll have to wait for the half doors, and that's not really the way I want to go.

Is there any talk of doing them for the JL? They have been a blessing on my JK, allowing me to travel long distances with the doors off, allowing for quick cover from rain or warmth when needed.

I'll order them literally the second they come out!
I agree we need these doors !!!!

jawest12

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Website
jeepinwv.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon, 2018 JLU Sahara
Dear Bestop, please do another discount on the Sunrider for hardtop JL. For those of us that are vertically blessed, but on a budget. I would REALLY love the extra headroom it provides, even when closed.

OP
OP
Bestop

Bestop

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
The Bestop Team
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU
Hahaha!! I will pass this along!

CassieAtBestop

Dear Bestop, please do another discount on the Sunrider for hardtop JL. For those of us that are vertically blessed, but on a budget. I would REALLY love the extra headroom it provides, even when closed.
Sponsored