Hello From Bestop!

vonbek

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUR
Your right, they did have that retractable sun shade. I forgot about that because that was the one thing I did not think looked all that great. The gap behind where it was mounted and the sport bar looked funny to me, and seems like it would let sun come in and burn the back of your neck. But that could have been a bad camera angle.
I noticed the same thing, but I like the concept. I have a spiderwebshade and popping the freedom panels off is annoying with it on.
Sponsored

Tragdor

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited Sport
Vehicle Showcase
@BestopTeam,

Do you plan on making a JL soft top window tint package? I’d be in for this for sure.

OP
OP
Bestop

Bestop

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
The Bestop Team
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU
Hey all,

For those of you that are upset over our announcement, sorry to disappoint you. The JL product line up announcement was to give you all the insider info we provided to select partners and media. I get asked daily on what is coming, and the video was the answer to that with the first few products at least. More will be coming. Timing hasn't been released but as soon as i know i will let you know - I'll just be sure to not say it is a major announcement :)

As far as the tinted window option, I am not sure. I will pass it along to our aftermarket team though, I know a lot of people like that option!

CassieAtBestop

vonbek

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUR
Question for @BestopTeam. The retractable sunshade that was displayed in the video, is that a specific product for the JL, or does the JK version fit both the JK and JL?

OP
OP
Bestop

Bestop

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
The Bestop Team
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU
The sunshade is specific to a JK fit. We are producing one to fit a JL.

CassieAtBestop

Question for @BestopTeam. The retractable sunshade that was displayed in the video, is that a specific product for the JL, or does the JK version fit both the JK and JL?

Sponsored

Yellow109r

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Rubicon JLUR, Bright White
Occupation
Aircraft Industrial Engineer for the DoD
Vehicle Showcase

BlairF

First Name
Blair
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS-S Mojito! - 2014 Challenger RT Classic (SuperCharged) - 2016 Dodge Durango RT
Occupation
Technology Incident Management
Vehicle Showcase
Sigh...

Krondor

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL - Punk'n Edition
Build Thread
Link
I'm going to bet next year. lol

:sadface:

Sponsored

Man-of-methods

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUR (His) 2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUS (Hers)
Vehicle Showcase
One of our fellow forum followers posted a procedure on how to modify a JK bikini for a JL. Another guy is going to try the same procedure this weekend and post pics of his results.

If it goes well, I will be doing the same thing.
Not to mention, the JK items are way cheaper than what they'll sell the JL items for.......if they ever show up.

am1978

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara Bright White, 2018 JLU Sahara HellaYella
Occupation
‘Merica
Sadly, this thread started in November 2017 and they said the had their hands a JL. Here we are 9 months later and no Bestop JL products on the market. People have created and delivered human beings in that amount of time.

Last edited:

DBROKL

First Name
Brock
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Sadly, this thread started in November 2017 and they said the had their hands a JL. Here we are 9 months later and no Bestop JL products on the market. People have created and delivered human beings in that amount of time.
good point

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick and Miyako
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport S
Occupation
The Man, The Myth, The Legend. In my own mind.
Vehicle Showcase
I spoke with one of their reps, earlier this month at an event being held by Northridge 4x4 in Denver. He told me that there is a non-compete agreement in place between them and FCA that keeps them from selling any JL products until this fall.

He could be just blowing smoke up my ass, I really don’t know but they do make the softtops for the JL and JLU so it’s possible.

am1978

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara Bright White, 2018 JLU Sahara HellaYella
Occupation
‘Merica
I spoke with one of their reps, earlier this month at an event being held by Northridge 4x4 in Denver. He told me that there is a non-compete agreement in place between them and FCA that keeps them from selling any JL products until this fall.

He could be just blowing smoke up my ass, I really don’t know but they do make the softtops for the JL and JLU so it’s possible.
Definitely plausible. I though I saw there was an early production delay for JLs with the dual top group. It’s almost as if FCA figured they didn’t have that many soft tops so if a dual top group was ordered then for some people they would deliver it without the soft top for a later pick up at the dealership. “Soft top only” was a priority, but dual tops either delayed production or it was delivered later. I just assess that Bestop cannot produce fast enough.
Sponsored