David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
What is the possibility of extended flares on the Rubicon?

The 12mm offset moves the tire out to exposed about 2" of so.

Thanks,
Sponsored

joecitrix97

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'89 YJ Sahara, '18 JLU Sahara
I just got off the phone with NorthRidge 4x4. Rep told me that Bestop has already stated they will not release ANY JL Products until January 2019.

Man-of-methods

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUR (His) 2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUS (Hers)
Vehicle Showcase
Bestop really dropped the ball on the debut of all their tops on the JL this year. They just flat out lied too. Shame on them. If and when they ever do come out with their tops, what do you want to bet that they'll gouge the hell out of us on the price?

They should change their company name to Notbestop.

stuckinohio

First Name
Lewis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Sport S 4 Door
I just got off the phone with NorthRidge 4x4. Rep told me that Bestop has already stated they will not release ANY JL Products until January 2019.
The rep at the Jeep Fest told me they would be releasing late Fall. When I asked him how much he thought the TrekTop would be he mentioned the JK one sells for $1600 and the JL should be comparable. But he made sure to throw in a disclaimer about upcoming tariffs so prices may be higher.

I got the impression he was not in the "know" about the JL products though...

Sponsored

Krondor

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL - Punk'n Edition
Build Thread
Link
If you want the OE style, it will likely cost a bit given JK examples.

I would be happy with a twill bikini/safari top to be honest. Maybe a windjammer and tonneau cover? :movember:

swyman

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR on order. 2016 Ram 3500 Laramie Dually Mega cab
The rep mentioned the JK one sells for $1600 and the JL should be comparable. QUOTE]

I bought a new Trek Top NX when I bought my new '13 JKUR and paid $700.....when did they jack the prices up?

Sponsored

ajasper6579

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL 4-Door Rubicon
Occupation
Advertising
Any idea when you will offer replacement windows for the soft top and what the expected pricepoint will be? I will likely need a new set soon given how scratched mine are getting without the ability to roll them up and with the limited availability of the bags to store them.

FrankieFJL

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Occupation
IT Professional
Vehicle Showcase
Any idea when you will offer replacement windows for the soft top and what the expected pricepoint will be? I will likely need a new set soon given how scratched mine are getting without the ability to roll them up and with the limited availability of the bags to store them.
Yeah, I know. It's kind of ridiculous. That's called a non-synchronized roll out.

stuckinohio

First Name
Lewis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Sport S 4 Door
@swyman LOL. I see they are still $650. He must have been referring to the fancy NX glide or the hybrid thing with the sliding back windows? I don't put much stock in anything he told me.

I've got $2000 set aside. I hope that covers it if these things are ever release...!

OP
OP
Bestop

Bestop

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
The Bestop Team
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU
Hey guys,

The Sunroider for Hardtop for the JL is coming first, then the Trektop NX. I know you guys are excited about the release, and we are too. We had to make sure the top was the quality you expect from us. I understand some of you are upset it took so long, but we promise it will be worth the wait!

I am confirming some info for you right now, Keep an eye on Facebook Thursday...

CassieAtBestop
Sponsored