Sponsored

Heart Broken

rubiRI77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon two door. 2.0 Turbo.
Glad your wife and others involved are ok, I am sure a little shaken up though. Really hope you can have it fixed. Hope it all works out possibly even for the better in the end. And Hello from a fellow Rhode Islander.

mchastings

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Sport S 2Dr / 2015 Rubicon JKU/2020 Willys JLU Diesel
Occupation
Working to pay my Taxes
wow, I'm hovering around 12-13 mpg on my 2.0 with stock tires and a mopar lift. I think most of it is that the speed limits around me are 70 mph and we have bad head winds. The gobi rack also doesn't help:CWL:
Not bragging, 21 mpg on 35" tires, 19 mpg towing a trailer. :) (diesel)

Rcarpen22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘67 CJ5, ‘20 JLU
OP, so sorry to hear about the accident. As others have said, very glad to hear everyone was ok. From your picture, it is really hard to see how that would be totaled. I get that scrap is high right now, but used car prices are ridiculous. From the pic, I would guess the tie rod or other steering linkage is tweaked. Even if the frame rail is bent, that can be straightened out for much less than the $45k they’re going to have to give you to buy a USED replacement. Good luck!!! I agree mojito is one of the all-time top Jeep colors.

FloridaLarry

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubi 4xe
Occupation
IT Manager
If they total it, request a price to purchase it yourself. Take a look at the numbers and see if it's worth it. You may be able to fix her and pocket some cash for upgrades or whatever. Just Thank God for the safety of everyone...that's most important.

If he buys from insurance, they won't 'total' the car then, right? Otherwise he will need a new inspection and a new 'rebuilt' branding on the title. Yuck for resale.

Sponsored

OP
OP
MyJlU

MyJlU

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JKU Sport
Occupation
Sr Product Line Researcher
Vehicle Showcase
Just got a call from the Insurance company, the frame need to be replaced and will be done so at the dealer. Waiting on the appraisal as I type..

Murphydog

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 X3M, 2023 JLUR XR
Clubs

Just got a call from the Insurance company, the frame need to be replaced and will be done so at the dealer. Waiting on the appraisal as I type..
Assuming you love the Mojito (wish I could have got in on my current order) color, this sounds like it could work out for you. Fingers crossed that the repairs are fast and high quality.

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
Make sure the shop checks every single little detail. I know you want it repaired, but if they total it you can just get a new Jeep and go on with your life. I know you are attached to it, but it is just a Jeep. It happened to me with my 2018 JL (totaled) and I ended up getting a better Jeep, and I am happy about it. Took my wife a whole year to get over it though, we had a lot of memories on that Jeep. It was one of the first JLs made, soft top, basic sport with A/C. There was something that she found "magical" about the simplicity of the manual windows and such. First vehicle we bought brand new as a married couple when we just moved to California. We were kids starting to be adults, it was fun. We bought it after having a few drinks, blew a huge chunk of our savings on it, it was very irresponsible, but so worth it. I should've taken a loan and invested the money, but had a chance to redeem myself with the second Jeep lol.

If they end up totaling be ready to fight the insurance. Do your OWN research, DO NOT take the first check they send you. I got +5k than their initial offer when my Jeep was totaled.

One of the benefits if they repair it is that you wont have to fight them, and youll get the same Jeep back. Resale value will be trash though, and you can't get money for the loss in value because you are at fault.

It sucks, but it happens. In a few months youll forget al about it.

OP
OP
MyJlU

MyJlU

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JKU Sport
Occupation
Sr Product Line Researcher
Vehicle Showcase
Well Mike has moved from the body shop to the dealer, as will be doing the frame swap. I happy with the dealer as they do work to a lot of local Jeeps and have a great reputation. The body shop informed me that they called and found that the frame is available and will be there in a week or 2. The service manager told me if I want to add a lift that they can do it while doing the swap!!

Sponsored

brianbov

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLUR
Sorry to see/hear of the misfortune. Another (former) Ocean State Jeep owner here!

MarkK10

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sport S, 1999 F250 Diesel, 2007 Mustang GT, 2015 Escape
I wonder if the stock factory bumper would have absorbed more of the impact and transferred less to the frame.

Luvwine

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Wrangler Unlimited Sport
Remember you are likely entitled to diminished value. Get the dealer to say how much less the jeep is worth due to it being damaged and repaired. I bet the number will be more than enough to pay for a lift. 🥂

Some Random Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Sport, 2022 Ford Mustang
Occupation
Comptroller
Remember you are likely entitled to diminished value. Get the dealer to say how much less the jeep is worth due to it being damaged and repaired. I bet the number will be more than enough to pay for a lift. 🥂
I don’t think the at fault party can claim DV.

Luvwine

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Wrangler Unlimited Sport
I don’t think the at fault party can claim DV.
Ah, I had missed who was at fault. Rules will vary State by State and policy to policy. However, it may well be possible to claim diminished value under collision coverage. I would read the policy. Does not hurt to see.
Sponsored