Sponsored

Fell in the love then had slight heart break

moparcruiser

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Sport S 80th Anniversary
"Typing this is making me think of the dual dash cam with motion sense that I book marked a while back. I keep going the route of fun parts, but it's high time to up the security."

Unless the dashcam has some sort of cellphone ability, the thieves will just take the dashcam.....

I still can't believe that in this modern era the Jeep comes with no hood lock.....one of the first things we put on .

If a thief wants something they will get it......but slowing them down can help them decide to move to an easier mark.

Until they come up with smashproof windows ( will never happen due to safety issues) we are at the will of the lowlifes who , rather than work for what they want, just take it from others .
Sponsored

Miloe

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Reminds me of years ago when the garbage collectors in NYC were on strike. Folks would but their trash in a box wrapped up in Christmas paper with a bow on it, place it in car with unlocked door and voila, garbage was gone in the morningšŸ˜. I hate thieves-Iā€™d gladly help someone truly in need, but Iā€™d cheerfully put a load o birdshot in the tail of a thief.
For a few years, possibly still doing it, there was an individual on a gun forum I frequent, that every year around the holidays, would empty the cat box into a box, gift wrap it and accidentally leave it on his truck in Walmart and other assorted parking lots. He claimed it never failed to get stolen, and quickly. People suck.

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
"Typing this is making me think of the dual dash cam with motion sense that I book marked a while back. I keep going the route of fun parts, but it's high time to up the security."

Unless the dashcam has some sort of cellphone ability, the thieves will just take the dashcam.....

I still can't believe that in this modern era the Jeep comes with no hood lock.....one of the first things we put on .

If a thief wants something they will get it......but slowing them down can help them decide to move to an easier mark.

Until they come up with smashproof windows ( will never happen due to safety issues) we are at the will of the lowlifes who , rather than work for what they want, just take it from others .
Yes, I mentioned in that same post about a monthly subscription that would allow the dash cam to send me a notification of the motion sense detecting movement. Insomnia, and my putting far less value on the well being of a scumbag than my property, will dictate the rest.

Otherwise, I agree with your statement. A dash cam is like an unlocked fence around a front yard. They just keep honest people honest.

richk225

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392Rubicon XR 2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Occupation
retired due to broken back
I am not up to date on Jeep`s security features but I can tell you about my Raptor`s.
It had the factory alarm that would sense movement and also if your windows or sunroof were open it would go off if you stuck your arm inside.Then I purchased the Ford proximity module $200 and if you got close to the truck the horn would honk once and getting the sensitivity set up took some time and any motion or glass breakage would set it off. I also put a switch in the ignition wiring system to open up the ground wire so it will not start up unless you hit the switch

But if someone wants something bad enough they will take it no matter what. By the time I could get out the door they would be gone and you might as well forget parking lots. I have heard of hard mounted dash cams helping and the shoot video front and rear but entry level is around $750.00 so I just keep the truck empty inside as best as I can and have a small hardlock safe mounted in the front of the bed of the truck, bolted down and it looks like junk sitting in the bed. I do have a locking hard cover and locking tailgate so hopefully someone would see them beating the crap out of everything just to get inside.

Like mentioned above most alarms just keep the honest people honest

Sponsored

Black Jeep Convertible

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU Sport S 2.0T eTorque
Occupation
Amazon Influencer šŸ˜‚
I am not up to date on Jeep`s security features but I can tell you about my Raptor`s.
It had the factory alarm that would sense movement and also if your windows or sunroof were open it would go off if you stuck your arm inside.Then I purchased the Ford proximity module $200 and if you got close to the truck the horn would honk once and getting the sensitivity set up took some time and any motion or glass breakage would set it off. I also put a switch in the ignition wiring system to open up the ground wire so it will not start up unless you hit the switch

But if someone wants something bad enough they will take it no matter what. By the time I could get out the door they would be gone and you might as well forget parking lots. I have heard of hard mounted dash cams helping and the shoot video front and rear but entry level is around $750.00 so I just keep the truck empty inside as best as I can and have a small hardlock safe mounted in the front of the bed of the truck, bolted down and it looks like junk sitting in the bed. I do have a locking hard cover and locking tailgate so hopefully someone would see them beating the crap out of everything just to get inside.

Average 2k dual dash cam is not even 200 bucks man https://amzn.to/34QilHT

richk225

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase

The factory alarm on our Jeeps won't sound off unless the door is opened or the start button is pressed, without the fob present. So, someone could smash a window and climb in to ransack the interior, and nothing would happen as long as they climbed back out through the window.

richk225

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
The factory alarm on our Jeeps won't sound off unless the door is opened or the start button is pressed, without the fob present. So, someone could smash a window and climb in to ransack the interior, and nothing would happen as long as they climbed back out through the window.
My last JL had a aftermarket security system that did a lot more then that. I am definitely going to start looking into my options and thanks for the info

IcemanBW

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various
I recently became the proud owner of a new 4cyl Islander. It took me awhile to come around to the all white but itā€™s grown on me and Iā€™m now loving everything about it.
3DFCA6ED-F61D-4B6A-B4CB-6B24746F4288.jpeg

Since my apt complex didnt have gated parking available for me right away, I had to park in an open lot down the street, since i live downtown. And because of that, i had my first break in ever. :crying:

20EF6D95-176B-47FD-A67C-F9A2F58EBFA2.jpeg

The thieves stole some old prescription glasses, a bag of jelly beans, the wheel lock kit and the door/hard top removal tool kit. The last three Iā€™m the most sad about and Iā€™m even wondering if theyre worth an insurance claim.

Going to get the window fixed and get an inspection today to make sure no further damage was done. On the bright side, pending all repairs and inspections go well, i have my first off-roading trip this weekend.

UPDATE

The window is fixed and the first camping trip is a success. Shout out to Complete Auto Glass in Thornton, CO. Got me in the next day to get my window fixed after the break-in.

tempImageeBYknH.jpg
Sorry to hear what happened. Where in Denver are you? We're in the Highlands (Berkley) and have been seeing on NextDoor that a lot of car/garage break ins & cat converters have been stollen of late. My Jeep's in the garage, thankfully, but still made my heart sink seeing the window of your new toy broken. It's happened to us before, on the one night we'd parked a car outside in a prior city.

Sponsored

Deleted User 293754

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle Showcase
I have a dash cam front and rear. Motion makes it record too. Guess its great to identify who done it...as long as they don't steal the dash cam! I mostly have it to record trails and any accident that is not my fault. Mine is a Viofo A129 duo Pro. Its cheap and I have one in all of my vehicles because as someone said earlier in the thread...people suck.

OP
OP
iwillwillu

iwillwillu

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Sorry to hear what happened. Where in Denver are you? We're in the Highlands (Berkley) and have been seeing on NextDoor that a lot of car/garage break ins & cat converters have been stollen of late. My Jeep's in the garage, thankfully, but still made my heart sink seeing the window of your new toy broken. It's happened to us before, on the one night we'd parked a car outside in a prior city.
Iā€™m right downtown in the business district. My gf told me about people stealing the cat converters. Iā€™m glad thatā€™s not the case.

richk225

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Iā€™m right downtown in the business district. My gf told me about people stealing the cat converters. Iā€™m glad thatā€™s not the case.
Watch out for your LED headlights and Taillights, that was a BIG issue in the fall/winter in NJ
People who were vacationing down at the beaches also got hit really hard last summer

moparcruiser

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Sport S 80th Anniversary
Yes, I mentioned in that same post about a monthly subscription that would allow the dash cam to send me a notification of the motion sense detecting movement. Insomnia, and my putting far less value on the well being of a scumbag than my property, will dictate the rest.

Otherwise, I agree with your statement. A dash cam is like an unlocked fence around a front yard. They just keep honest people honest.
The motion sensing notification is nice IF it works and IF you are nearby and can do something about it.....

I have that function on my home security cameras......I have found out a couple things:
a) there are a LOT of cars going past my house every hour!!!! LOL (false positives)
b) I have a lot of bugs at night that can also trigger the app LOL
b) If I am even just a mile away all this does if make me aware......and only IF I am constantly checking emails.....(refer to "a" above).....I realized that any motion I am notified about will likely result in me seeing what happened, but not in time to do much....

Hopefully your dash cam's app is better since it uses "motion sensors"....even then, my dashcam seems to false when I car with a loud exhaust or booming music goes by........sigh

Its a shame that we as honest people have to defend ourselves against those who will just "take" what they want........
Sponsored