Sponsored

Have you spotted any yet?

gumbyhoss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Previous: '87 YJ '96 TJ '06 TJ '11 WKII '13 JK 2dr Sport Current: '18 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Not yet in Richmond - though I know for a fact there's another JLUR about 2 miles from me as we've chatted on here. Just haven't crossed paths yet.

I have gotten some good looks and waves from other Wrangler owners, and while I was puling out of work today I did have a guy walking in the street randomly say "hey, a JL" - so I've got that going for me, which is nice.
Sponsored

iflyimpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Volkswagen Tiguan 2.0T, JLU Sport S
I've seen about 4 or 5 since I picked mine up a couple weeks ago -- more than half were Saharas and a couple Rubicons. Then again I'm near the Chrysler headquarters in Metro Detroit and there is an engineering facility near work where I used to see them drive out in bunches while still in camo. Those were always exciting to see.

AwCrimety

First Name
Logan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKUS
I've seen one sport, but that's it. It's getting hard to get a jeep wave around here, and I was wondering if it would be harder once I'm in the JL, or easier.

Dynomite1371

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, Granite, Steel bumper, Safety, Cold Weather, Tow package, Premium Alpine, Black Leather and Mopar "self draining" Mats
Occupation
Police Officer
1600 miles and still not another one in the wild! I've been stopped in traffic, approached in parking lots, been photographed by a vehicle driving behind me, but no others in the wild. I think I like it!

Sponsored

Dynomite1371

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, Granite, Steel bumper, Safety, Cold Weather, Tow package, Premium Alpine, Black Leather and Mopar "self draining" Mats
Occupation
Police Officer
1600 miles and still not another one in the wild! I've been stopped in traffic, approached in parking lots, been photographed by a vehicle driving behind me, but no others in the wild. I think I like it!
Maryland btw..

Gooseisdead

First Name
Preston
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Grand Cherokee
I was just thinking about this today. Still all alone in my part of the world too. I saw one on a dealer lot and it’s gone now but have passed anyone on the road yet. I have gotten many long looks from other Jeep owners.

soco2285

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
The kids and I play count the Wranglers when driving around. We normally spot 4-6 JK's / TJ's within a 3ish mile commute.

Still haven't seen that mythical unicorn yet...

obwahn

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR (Wrikki), 2018 Grand Sport (V)
Occupation
Retired puter dork
Vehicle Showcase
I have not seen any here in VT, not surprised since my salesman said there have only been 4 sold in the whole state so far and he's pretty sure I was number ONE! woohoo!!!
I've seen a few other wranglers NOT waving to me, sup wit dat? (well, one dude in a red one has NEVER waved, so he doesn't count). I have still gotten some waves, no strange stares yet tho.

soco2285

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
I have not seen any here in VT, not surprised since my salesman said there have only been 4 sold in the whole state so far and he's pretty sure I was number ONE! woohoo!!!
I've seen a few other wranglers NOT waving to me, sup wit dat? (well, one dude in a red one has NEVER waved, so he doesn't count). I have still gotten some waves, no strange stares yet tho.
You lucky duck. If I had my Wrangler already I'd wave ta ya! Hopefully in the next week or so...

Sponsored

txroamer

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JK Wrangler (sold to nephew), 2018 JLUR, 2019 Ram 1500 Limited, 2018 Charger ScatPack 392, 2015 Grand Cherokee, 2016 Road Glide
Vehicle Showcase
I've seen one, but I know there are others. a couple of them are members of this forum.
Have had many JK's give me the thumbs up.
i think the guy in the Ram pickup the other day might have hurt his neck when he craned around trying to check out my bright red Rubicon...
LOL

FatBoy01

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Wrangler Sahara; 2001 Harley FatBoy; 2018 Wrangler Rubicon JL (Ordered)
Occupation
Retired @ 55
Local dealer (Upstate NY) got 4 JLU's in the other day. One Sahara in the bunch. Today, 2/21/18 the Sales Manager let me climb on, crawl under, poke here and there, open and close compartments, fool with roof panels, sit in, the 2018 fully loaded,Sahara JLU hardtop. I was like a kid in a candy store.

So many questions I had were answered in the 30-40 mins. I spent molesting that Sahara.

I left the dealership thinking geeeez, Jeep did a real decent job on the 2018 JL/JLU. Also that the Sales Manager was real decent letting me paw over the Sahara... Especially since he knew I ordered my JL, 12 miles away at another Jeep dealer after his deal with me fell through because he and the stealership's owner low balled me by $3000 on my trade. I walked when they did that.

Dynomite1371

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Police Officer
I get the waves, that's for sure!! That new grille looks beast mode! I've had many comment that that they heard about JL but they new very little. Jeep needs a commercial that highlights the new look features. Don't get me wrong, the T-Rex was awesome though.