Sponsored

Have You Spotted a JL?

iflyimpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Volkswagen Tiguan 2.0T, JLU Sport S
As much as I wished the LED headlights were available on the Sport, the standard halogens don't look bad at all in those pics. Nice angles!

offcamber

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2014 Grand Cherokee Limited Ecodiesel
Good god the sports are ugly!

Sponsored

Troybilt

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
troynemitz.smugmug.com
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK Sport
Occupation
Highway Dept
My dealer has 5 on the lot now. Went by 3 times this week looking them over.

On a side note If those are dealer advertisements where a plat should be I don't see the need to blur them out. I bet they would like the free advertisement.

Troybilt

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
troynemitz.smugmug.com
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK Sport
Occupation
Highway Dept
The sport will look great with a little bit of after market makeup, and a screwdriver to remove the ugly pieces between the front bumper and fender. I looked it over today its only 4 or so screws holding them on. I will be removing them from my JT at the dealer. Won't be seen on the streets like that:giggle:

FrenchSSGTMike

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting Gray JLUS V6
As I wouldn’t say they’re ugly because not everybody can or just want to afford the higher trims, these plastic pieces ARE ugly (but can obviously be easily removed...), and most of all the fenders look like cheap knockoff versions of the Sahara and Rubicon with more narrow but thicker flashers.... I mean they need to differenciate and give people reasons to go higher in trims, but still...

OP
OP
Jeepster2018

Jeepster2018

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI
I didn't care for the Saharas there...most on the lots will be Sports because that's the most popular model.

As I wouldn’t say they’re ugly because not everybody can or just want to afford the higher trims, these plastic pieces ARE ugly (but can obviously be easily removed...), and most of all the fenders look like cheap knockoff versions of the Sahara and Rubicon with more narrow but thicker flashers.... I mean they need to differenciate and give people reasons to go higher in trims, but still...

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
I've only seen them at my dealership. I have not spotted one on the road yet. My dealer has about 5 now, including a beautiful silver Rubi, but they haven't moved a single one to the sales lot. All are in the storage lot. I think they want to get rid of their heavy stock of JK's before they move them out there. They have LOTS of JK's, too.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Jeepster2018

Jeepster2018

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI
Same, since they are just now appearing at dealerships.

People following things on here are familiar with the price increase but things will really get interesting once the general public starts comparing things.

I've only seen them at my dealership. I have not spotted one on the road yet. My dealer has about 5 now, including a beautiful silver Rubi, but they haven't moved a single one to the sales lot. All are in the storage lot. I think they want to get rid of their heavy stock of JK's before they move them out there. They have LOTS of JK's, too.

OP
OP
Jeepster2018

Jeepster2018

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI
Definitely not liking those aluminum inserts in the grill and around the fog lights on the Sahara.

Kevman

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler Sahara Granite Crystal, Audi A5
It's funny, I actually think the Saharas don't look too great...especially with the eye sore and totally unnecessary IMO tubular side steps and horrid base wheels. I know the sidesteps are easy to take off, but I'd still like them to be an option.

OP
OP
Jeepster2018

Jeepster2018

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI
I agree with you. Side bar is no being g it's all that aluminium true in the grill and around the fog lights...looking way too busy.

It's funny, I actually think the Saharas don't look too great...especially with the eye sore and totally unnecessary IMO tubular side steps and horrid base wheels. I know the sidesteps are easy to take off, but I'd still like them to be an option.

Matt The Hammer

First Name
Fake Name
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JKUR and YJ
Occupation
Engineer
Definitely not liking those aluminum inserts in the grill and around the fog lights on the Sahara.
They were on the JKs too for the past year or two. Not aluminum, but painted plastic to look like it.

I was passed by a JL yesterday evening on the Merritt Parkway in CT. I saw the led headlights and fender lights approaching and knew what it was. Was a Rubi in silver with hardtop with the high fenders too. As it passed I could see the dash quite well and the huge screen glowing. Had Michigan plates, so I presume an FCA JL.
Sponsored