Sponsored

Has anyone removed this panel?

tyresmoker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ram 1500 Limited EcoDiesel; '19 JLU Sahara-sting gray; 2017 Grand Cherokee SRT (sold);
While we're on the subject: I didn't have the vibrating Charlie Brown voice until I removed that panel to install the Tazer. Now it's all I hear when I listen to Howard. That panel vibrates like crazy now when the speaker hits certain frequencies. I can't wait for the warmer weather to come so I can troubleshoot this. I'm hoping it's as simple as just putting some foam/tape in a few strategic places. No way I'm letting the dealership troubleshoot this and spray foam everywhere under there.
Holy crap!! That is the exact same problem we have...It is my wifes car. I actually took it the day Hillary was being interviewed by Howard. I was like "wtf is with the radio in this thing"...After poking around, I realized it is coming from that panel. It is going in next week, hopefully a little foam tape will shut it up! Will keep you posted...
Sponsored

Korab

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JLU
Holy crap!! That is the exact same problem we have...It is my wifes car. I actually took it the day Hillary was being interviewed by Howard. I was like "wtf is with the radio in this thing"...After poking around, I realized it is coming from that panel. It is going in next week, hopefully a little foam tape will shut it up! Will keep you posted...
[GALLERY=][/GALLERY]

13361F2F-2658-468C-AD05-6841E3DE134E.jpeg

Korab

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JLU
What is behind this panel? That is the exact spot I am getting a strange "tinny" vibration when the radio is on! If I hold my fingers on the panel, it seems to damper the vibration.
49AF075D-B75B-4782-815C-DDDF2F3D453C.jpeg

bwilson109

First Name
Byron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
For me the vibration started when I disconnected the 2 plugs from the gateway module to plug in my Tazer Mini. I bought a pack of plastic toilet shims from Home Depot and wedged one between the gateway module and the back of the driver side speaker enclosure. That fixed the problem, and the shim hasn't moved in at least 6 months.

tyresmoker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ram 1500 Limited EcoDiesel; '19 JLU Sahara-sting gray; 2017 Grand Cherokee SRT (sold);
[GALLERY=][/GALLERY]

13361F2F-2658-468C-AD05-6841E3DE134E.jpeg
Thank you!
Just printed that out. Jeep is going in tomorrow. Hopefully they can reference the star case and be done with it!

Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
Start at the bottom and work your way up and on both sides. Tazer users have to get into that panel to installer their Tazers (as I did).

This tool (https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B00U8RP7T4) is something any Jeep owner should have if you're gonna be doing stuff to your Wrangler.
The cynic in me feels like I'd only be using 1 or 2 of those tools... in your experience, how many have you used (as opposed to just tried out)?

NTX Black Moab

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Moab (Black on Black)
Vehicle Showcase
The cynic in me feels like I'd only be using 1 or 2 of those tools... in your experience, how many have you used (as opposed to just tried out)?
Have used 2 pieces, but some of the tools are for fender / grill work that I haven't touched. At $16, it's cheap enough that even if it sits in the corner, I don't care.

brican

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D 2019 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
Start at the bottom and work your way up and on both sides. Tazer users have to get into that panel to installer their Tazers (as I did).

This tool (https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B00U8RP7T4) is something any Jeep owner should have if you're gonna be doing stuff to your Wrangler.
Yes! I have that and it came in very handy when I installed trailer lighting kit. Get it, you'll need it for the Jeep and any other vehicle when you need to remove body panels.

Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
Have used 2 pieces, but some of the tools are for fender / grill work that I haven't touched. At $16, it's cheap enough that even if it sits in the corner, I don't care.
Yeah, the price isn't prohibitive at all. I was just curious if you used any other tools in that set.
Sponsored