KnG818

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Rubicon
20200205_084759.jpg
Going to be installing Tekonsha P3 brake controller where green arrow points. (Need to drill couple small holes).

Tempted to just yank on it but dont want to break any clips.

Any input or advice much appreciated.
Sponsored

NTX Black Moab

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Moab (Black on Black)
Vehicle Showcase
Start at the bottom and work your way up and on both sides. Tazer users have to get into that panel to installer their Tazers (as I did).

This tool (https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B00U8RP7T4) is something any Jeep owner should have if you're gonna be doing stuff to your Wrangler.

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
Itā€™s held on with plastic snap clips just start at the bottom and tug but you honestly canā€™t break it.

tyresmoker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ram 1500 Limited EcoDiesel; '19 JLU Sahara-sting gray; 2017 Grand Cherokee SRT (sold);
What is behind this panel? That is the exact spot I am getting a strange "tinny" vibration when the radio is on! If I hold my fingers on the panel, it seems to damper the vibration.

Sponsored

Adventure.AS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
The small circular 'grate' in the panel allows air circulation for the cabin temperature sensor. You won't have any problem mounting the P3 in that area. I found that you need to mount the bracket first and the then install the controller into the bracket. I also used some double sided tape between the bracket and panel to dampen any vibration.

OP
OP
KnG818

KnG818

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Rubicon
What is behind this panel? That is the exact spot I am getting a strange "tinny" vibration when the radio is on! If I hold my fingers on the panel, it seems to damper the vibration.
Metal bracket, wires, plugs, bunch plastic parts.

The panel has a foam/cloth like strip on the back of it that presses up against the metal bracket...not sure what it's for though - maybe to damper vibration or heat or helps the panel hold better in place?

I would suggest remove the panel(easy to do) and see if you still get that noise.

OP
OP
KnG818

KnG818

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Rubicon
The small circular 'grate' in the panel allows air circulation for the cabin temperature sensor. You won't have any problem mounting the P3 in that area. I found that you need to mount the bracket first and the then install the controller into the bracket. I also used some double sided tape between the bracket and panel to dampen any vibration.
Yes, is exactly what I did(except for tape).

OP
OP
KnG818

KnG818

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Rubicon

Sponsored

Hair Missile

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
I only broke the little white clip. Everything else I would never worry about. Plenty durable.

ExitLeft

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Jeep Wrangler TJ
Vehicle Showcase
While we're on the subject: I didn't have the vibrating Charlie Brown voice until I removed that panel to install the Tazer. Now it's all I hear when I listen to Howard. That panel vibrates like crazy now when the speaker hits certain frequencies. I can't wait for the warmer weather to come so I can troubleshoot this. I'm hoping it's as simple as just putting some foam/tape in a few strategic places. No way I'm letting the dealership troubleshoot this and spray foam everywhere under there.

OP
OP
KnG818

KnG818

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Rubicon
I only broke the little white clip. Everything else I would never worry about. Plenty durable.
Interesting..I actually broke one tab on the panel that holds the clip. White clip held so good it cracked the tab. Still holds though.

Hair Missile

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Interesting..I actually broke one tab on the panel that holds the clip. White clip held so good it cracked the tab. Still holds though.
Oh man I stand corrected. Sorry to hear that. Sounds like all is ok though.
Sponsored