Question for anyone who has removed Euro fender flares from 2018 JL

Mark929

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sport S
Hi. New member here and I'm stuck on my first 2018 JL Sport S 2.0 project. I'm removing and trimming my Euro flares. I have removed and trimmed the driver's side with no problem. I have removed all screws from the passenger side flare and I can't figure out how to release the fog light wire clip that's pushed into the flare. It's clearly on pop-in retainer but I've never seen one like it. I've tried squeezing the back end with needle-nose pliers. I've also pushed and prodded with a screwdriver. But I can't seem to push it out of its hole in the flare. I didn't want to push too hard without knowing for sure that's how it comes out.

Can anyone offer any input/experience in getting this wire retaining clip out of the flare? Thanks very much for your help.

Mark
Sponsored

OP
OP

Mark929

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks, Texgoat. I appreciate the input and suggestion to cut them in place. I had researched the large thread recommending that as an option, but I had already removed one side. I didn't have any problem trimming it with a razor utility knife and then cleaning it up with a Dremel sand wheel. It actually came out better than I expected.

You made a good point about finding another wire retainer if I destroy this one. It doesn't have to be an exact match. Worst-case scenario... I could use a regular zip tie if I had to. I had just never seen this type of pop-in clip before and wanted to preserve it if possible.

Thanks again for your reply and input.

TOL JEEPER

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sport S
From below, I pushed it straight up with a flat screwdriver. Came out without any issues.
I am in the process of trimming and reinstalling mine... not sure if the attach point is still on the cover or if it will be trimmed off, but I plan on using some zipties to hold the wiring in place before putting the covers back on.

OP
OP

Mark929

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
From below, I pushed it straight up with a flat screwdriver. Came out without any issues.
I am in the process of trimming and reinstalling mine... not sure if the attach point is still on the cover or if it will be trimmed off, but I plan on using some zipties to hold the wiring in place before putting the covers back on.
Thanks, Tol Jeeper. This is what I wanted to know. I'll go ahead and push it out from the bottom. Like you, I wasn't sure if that section would be in the trim off zone. If so, I'll zip tie it like you. Thanks for your reply.

OP
OP

Mark929

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks NJJeep Guy.
Sponsored