First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
they have a compact version(1000 ft-lb) not on sale. The cost is $129, and I’m sure it’d work for everything I need. I might try this tomorrow.

https://www.harborfreight.com/12-in...ench-twin-hammer-1000-ft-lbs-green-59238.html
That one seems fine. The full sized one I got is rated at 200 ft/lbs more, but it’s 3/4 lb heavier, and requires a lot more air. I may take it back and get that one too if they honor the coupon. It’ll be $25 less.

jaymz

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon Unlimited
Does HF do the 25% off often? Or is this sort of a rarity? On the fence on whether or not to pick up a winch from them.

Sponsored

Rustynail11

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler JLU Rubicon
I was at HF today and nearly every item that was on sale was an Inside Track Club members only item. And the coupon above excludes just about anything that costs more than a few bucks. I have a ton of tools from them but why bother with a "sale" there now?
You can choose the sale price or the club Price. The Apex 12K is $579 with the Club Price but $488 with the coupon. I just bought one and used the coupon price

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
Does HF do the 25% off often? Or is this sort of a rarity? On the fence on whether or not to pick up a winch from them.
Used to be more common, seems like it's about 2-3x per year now. i'd probably get that winch now though, price will probably keep climbing.

Pig-Pen

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Occupation
jabroni
Clubs

its a few times per year. Usually around a major holiday. I used the 25% off an apex a few months ago, probably during summer.

back in the old days when they had the 24-7 20% coupons in newspapers and magazines they didnt put exclusions on them and youd get into arguments with the cashiers. Different stores would arbitrarily exclude different items like floor jacks etc. now its not up for debate at least. Kinda sucks but still many great things you can get with the discount.

i dont see trailers on the exclusion list. Anyone ever get one of those for 25% off? Lol

Sponsored

NULL POINTER

First Name
Carmine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Gladiator Rubicon, '19 VetteZ06 7spdVert,
Occupation
Old Fart
In 2022 they did New Years Day, Memorial Day, July 4, and Labor Day with no exclusions. If I recall correctly, I think last Memorial Day was 30% off for inside track members. They did a 20% off recently that did not have as many exclusions as the current 25% off. I noticed they keep raising the price on that winch, so the current 25% off deal may be as good as it is going to get going forward. Also look through the other coupons on their website before buying something, sometimes the coupon sale price is the same as or better than the 25% off regular price.

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
they have a compact version(1000 ft-lb) not on sale. The cost is $129, and I’m sure it’d work for everything I need. I might try this tomorrow.

https://www.harborfreight.com/12-in...ench-twin-hammer-1000-ft-lbs-green-59238.html
I went and checked it out to see if I wanted to exchange the one I got. The coupon does work for $32.50 off of the $130 price. It’s only available in green (if that matters), it’s rated at 200 ft/lbs less breakaway torque, it’s about 12 oz lighter, it’s more compact if you’re in very tight spaces, and it has hi/lo forward torque settings but only hi in reverse.

For me it wasn’t enough to make me return the one I bought.

jlandry287

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR Diesel
I went and checked it out to see if I wanted to exchange the one I got. The coupon does work for $32.50 off of the $130 price. It’s only available in green (if that matters), it’s rated at 200 ft/lbs less breakaway torque, it’s about 12 oz lighter, it’s more compact if you’re in very tight spaces, and it has hi/lo forward torque settings but only hi in reverse.

For me it wasn’t enough to make me return the one I bought.
Just out of curiosity, what are you using it for that the extra torque makes a difference?

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Just out of curiosity, what are you using it for that the extra torque makes a difference?
I mostly use it for axle, suspension, and steering stuff. Lug nuts are only 125 ft/lbs but a powerful impact zips them off in an instant.
Sponsored