First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sport S Gecko
Occupation
Engineer
I ordered my Hydro Blue Willys (not a Willys Sport) on 6/18 and have been stuck in D forever. I chatted with Jeep Chat yesterday and she stated that chip shortages are causing plant shutdowns. I told her I am aware of that on Cherokees and Trucks but not on Wranglers. And then she told me, " I can tell you, it is affecting the Wrangler plant as well."

If I am not in D1 next week, I'm canceling my order, getting my deposit back and driving 130 miles to pick up a Willys off a dealer lot. I was stuck paying MSRP at my local dealer so it really doesn't matter at this point.
Sponsored

Lowe

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Traverse
Well just called customer service, finally they have everything and it's ready to go! But here's the bad news. Plant will be shut down again first week of August and still no build date.
I saw an article today that the plant is not shutting down the entire plant just the Gladiator production line. The Wrangler line will still be running as normal.

Solo25

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURD, 22 JLUR4XE ON ORDER
Why are they shutting g down?
Yea it's the gladiator side. They are saying its due to chips but employees are saying it's a radiator shroud shortage. Wranglers are still a go with lowered man power, not sure why but that's what some employees have said. Wranglers get pri 1 over any other vehicle

Solo25

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I ordered my Hydro Blue Willys (not a Willys Sport) on 6/18 and have been stuck in D forever. I chatted with Jeep Chat yesterday and she stated that chip shortages are causing plant shutdowns. I told her I am aware of that on Cherokees and Trucks but not on Wranglers. And then she told me, " I can tell you, it is affecting the Wrangler plant as well."

If I am not in D1 next week, I'm canceling my order, getting my deposit back and driving 130 miles to pick up a Willys off a dealer lot. I was stuck paying MSRP at my local dealer so it really doesn't matter at this point.
Yea im hoping when I get back from vacation in 2 weeks I have way better news than stuck waiting another month from then. I can't find a diesel anywhere for under 60k as I'm getting mine for under 51k. Just more time to stock parts lol

justwheels

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Wrangler Sahara Unlimited
UGH! Anyone else get this from Customer care? I ordered 6/23. Aren't 2022 orders opening in October?
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Hello GEOFF,

Thank you for your recent order of a 2021 Jeep! We are excited to welcome you to the Jeep family!

The purpose of this email is to provide you the estimated delivery date of your Wrangler.

Based on our most recent information, your vehicle is to arrive at COURTESY CHRYSLER-JEEP-DODGE the week of 9/27/2021.

If you do not receive a call from COURTESY CHRYSLER-JEEP-DODGE within 7 days after the indicated delivery date, please contact your dealer for further information.

As a valued Jeep Wrangler owner we are excited to welcome you to the Jeep Wave Customer Care program! This premium owner loyalty program offers Best-in-Class coverage, filled with exciting perks and benefits. To find out more please visit:
https://www.jeep.com/jeep-wave.html

In preparation for your new driving experience please visit: https://www.mopar.com/en-us/my-garage/select-vehicle.html

Here you can access important information and videos about your new vehicle and register to create your personalized vehicle dashboard.

Thank you for being a part of the Jeep family and congratulations!

Best wishes,

The Jeep Wave Team

This email is for notification purposes only. Please do not reply to this email.

Sponsored

jbutterweck

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Sport S
Placed my order on 7/14. Got the email last night with estimated delivery of 10/16. Seems like everyone is getting a roughly 3 month estimate based on order date from what I’ve seen on here. I’m hoping these estimates are just them overshooting.

Jeep Wrangler JL Guide: Wrangler Order, Build, Tracking and Delivery Process 9CAF4E93-3E05-4AE2-B7E8-1ECCA95F229D

LuvHydro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUS Hella , 22 JLUSS Hydro
Maybe I'm wrong, but my feeling is this is their way of easing the load on the reps.

If someone has a delivery date 3 months out, it's unlikely they will chat/call everyday, not that I've been doing that or anything.

I haven't received the Email, yet, but expect too soon.

Beetroot

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4xe
Occupation
Medical Devices
I ordered my 4xe Rubicon 6/15. Just got an email that said the Wrangler plant is shutting down for a week beginning Aug 2 but "At this present time, all of the materials that are necessary to build your vehicle are being received and the build process should begin after the plant has reopened. "

Not sure if that means my build process will begin August 9th or some future date. "after the plant has reopened" could mean six months from now.

Solo25

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yea with the shutdown it's weird as many employees that work there are saying gladiator only and even the stellantis press release said the same but now JC is saying wranglers also. Mine said 9/11 on the latest email. Just talked to JC and they said all parts are gather but no est date can be given due to the plant shutdown

ohiojeep

First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Lexus, '19 GMC Sierra, '03 BMW Z-4, '67 Camaro
UGH! Anyone else get this from Customer care? I ordered 6/23. Aren't 2022 orders opening in October?
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Hello GEOFF,

Thank you for your recent order of a 2021 Jeep! We are excited to welcome you to the Jeep family!

The purpose of this email is to provide you the estimated delivery date of your Wrangler.

Based on our most recent information, your vehicle is to arrive at COURTESY CHRYSLER-JEEP-DODGE the week of 9/27/2021.

If you do not receive a call from COURTESY CHRYSLER-JEEP-DODGE within 7 days after the indicated delivery date, please contact your dealer for further information.

As a valued Jeep Wrangler owner we are excited to welcome you to the Jeep Wave Customer Care program! This premium owner loyalty program offers Best-in-Class coverage, filled with exciting perks and benefits. To find out more please visit:
https://www.jeep.com/jeep-wave.html

In preparation for your new driving experience please visit: https://www.mopar.com/en-us/my-garage/select-vehicle.html

Here you can access important information and videos about your new vehicle and register to create your personalized vehicle dashboard.

Thank you for being a part of the Jeep family and congratulations!

Best wishes,

The Jeep Wave Team

This email is for notification purposes only. Please do not reply to this email.
Got the same thing. Our dealer is checking into it. Jeep chat saying we’re in D1 as of yesterday and now we see it in the end of October ? Ot happy right now!

BAFC7A64-E546-46F4-A487-782009CD8882.jpeg

Sponsored

Jeepgirl59

First Name
Bonnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Dodge Ram, 2014 Dodge Challenger
6 weeks in for me, 6/18 order date. Jeep Chat, same canned gathering parts response. Saw a post in here last night about a guy that had luck calling.

Called, sat in hold 33 minutes, got Habeeb or some similar named gentleman with molasses-thick accent.

Gave him my VIN, he can't find it in the system. Doubke check and repeat to him 3 times. He asks for my order number, which I hadn't recieved from dealer. He gives up 20 minutes later.

Freaking a bit, get on Jeep Chat, same canned response on status, but did get my order # from them.

Called again, only 26 minutes on hold this time. Habeebs verbal clone can't find VIN in system. Give him order number, 10 minutes later he has found something. Claims my build is "sequenced for production" and "Vehicle is ready to proceed to the line"

Hoping that meant D1, but he said there was no build date listed.

Argh.
It is so frustrating. What Jeep did you order? I got the wrangler sport/willys package. There is no way that dang thing should not be build yet. I called and they escalated it to priority at week 10 or 11, I forget which, the lady said once once it is in build, the build will go quickly. Jeep was supposed to email me progress. I have never received any email from Jeep. If I didn't want this jeep so bad, (first new vehicle I ever had, and a 4 year cancer free gift to myself). I would cancel it!

Jeepgirl59

First Name
Bonnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Dodge Ram, 2014 Dodge Challenger
Yea with the shutdown it's weird as many employees that work there are saying gladiator only and even the stellantis press release said the same but now JC is saying wranglers also. Mine said 9/11 on the latest email. Just talked to JC and they said all parts are gather but no est date can be given due to the plant shutdown
my jeep has been in "all parts are being gathered" for 92 days.

LuvHydro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUS Hella , 22 JLUSS Hydro
It is so frustrating. What Jeep did you order? I got the wrangler sport/willys package. There is no way that dang thing should not be build yet. I called and they escalated it to priority at week 10 or 11, I forget which, the lady said once once it is in build, the build will go quickly. Jeep was supposed to email me progress. I have never received any email from Jeep. If I didn't want this jeep so bad, (first new vehicle I ever had, and a 4 year cancer free gift to myself). I would cancel it!
First congrats on beating Cancer. It took my father recently. 😔

Mine is stripper Sport, Hardtop, 2.0, Auto, Manual W/L, Block heater

Guessing I'm on the lowest of priority list now as they build Rubis that MSRP for twice mine.

But you know what, IIWII. If I do receive "The EMail" for October build, I think I'll cancel and wait on a 2022. I don't want a brand new jeep to come right before winter.

Erranickus

First Name
Rex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'98 TJ (sold), '21 JL Willys Sport
Occupation
USAF Retired
Just saying... after talking to my dealership, checking cryptostickers.net and reading forums for over 3 months now, 2-dr Sports are anything that is not a Rubicon or higher are on the 160 day average build time. Ordered my 2dr, MT, 3.6 Willys Sport on 4/22 and it hit D1 status for a week in June, then back to D status since. I'm hoping I have it by my birthday in November. So if you got your 2dr Jeep in less than 160 days, consider yourself blessed by the Jeep Gods!