Sponsored

FritzBrothers

First Name
Fritz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
JLR in sarge green with manual tranny and tan soft top. Did some minor packages like LED lights, cold weather group, and proximity entry.
Those manuals are few and far between. I’m waiting but it’s almost easier to just get the 4xe automatic and just be done. People ordered there’s after me and got delivery dates already. I’m actually thinking about starting over to get a better deal. Good luck with yours.
Sponsored

t.i.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler buying soon
So now that Jeep Customer Service doesn;t provide status codes anymore. What code reflects " all the materials have been sourced" to?

Solo25

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURD, 22 JLUR4XE ON ORDER
Ordered: 6/27/2021
VON: Same day
VIN: 6/28/2021
All parts gathered: 7/22/2021
On 7/23 Dealer provided estimated ship date: 8/4/2021
On 7/29 Dealer provided an updated ship date: 8/5/2021
On 7/30/2021 received email from customer care about estimated delivery to the dealer: Week of 9/6/2021
On 8/2, chat responded with some better news: "Your vehicle is currently in the frame stage of the build process. Currently no Dealer ETA has been provided."

How long does it take from framing to actual shipping these days? Also, if anyone knows how long does it take to deliver it to Northern California - will be much appreciated! ;)
Damn gotta be nice. 10 days after mine and I'm still not being built lol. Just got off with JC and they said should be entering build anyday and to check back by end of the week lol

Stanley

First Name
Stas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Golf Gti. Ordered 2021 Wrangler Willy's
Damn gotta be nice. 10 days after mine and I'm still not being built lol. Just got off with JC and they said should be entering build anyday and to check back by end of the week lol
I'll keep you updated on this.. and i feel you because on cryptostickers I see a lot of orders after mine being fully built. I wish it was just a sequence by date when you ordered but doesn't seem like a case.

JDOLVIN

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
would hope any deal completed before the price increase would be honored by purchasing dealership. guess we will see. ordered 6/14 and still in D status. FML
My understanding is it will, but who knows for certain. My guy said it went into effect last week, but I did the build order on www.Jeep.com and submitted Friday afternoon. As of Friday, www.Jeep.com had not updated the pricing.

Sponsored

dougiebros

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys
Just got an email from my dealer. I’m in G status! Trim level, and he’s thinking it’ll be built by the end of the week and in shipping.
Goosebumps!!
A few details on my build.

JLU Willys 22W order package.
2.0L turbo, Premium Sunrider Soft Top, Alpine Speakers, 7" radio, White, Tow and Aux package, Cold Weather package, Tech package.

Ordered: 6/24
VIN a few days later.
ETA is 8/5, dealer is thinking I'll take delivery the week of 8/9.

Fingers crossed!!

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep wrangler Sahara
Ordered 7/21/21
VON: 7/21/21
VIN: 7/25/21
Current status today: D status (jeep chat and dealer confirmed).

JEEP JL Rubicon 4XE
white, brown interior, safety group, body color roof and fenders, winter group, GG

Dealer told me 6-8 weeks for delivery upon order

My question, is it even feasible for them to deliver my Wrangler by the beginning of September? with the emails people are receiving I'm apprehensive to wait just to be told Nov-Dec as I am currently in Graduate school in the midwest.

LostSoul

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
future JLUR
Stanley

How long does it take from framing to actual shipping these days? Also, if anyone knows how long does it take to deliver it to Northern California - will be much appreciated! ;)
[/QUOTE]

Sorry Stanley, but the best, if not only answer to your question is - It depends.

I ordered a well optioned JLUR on 5/21/21. Recently I was told i was in paint with a build date of 8/3/2021.

Last edited:

LuvHydro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUS Hella , 22 JLUSS Hydro
So I call Jeep to see if they can get me an update on my build. Still not showing any movement, a build sheet or sticker.

Long story short they can't find it again by the VIN. She finally finds it by the VON, but I learned something.

The VIN is reserved when you order, but isn't associated with the hunk of metal that will be your Wrangler until well into the build process.

Now I assumed if you gave them the VON, they could type it in and (pop) up came your order. You know like any other company in existence. This also is not true. She actually needed type of vehicle, options, etc to find my order with the VON. This confuses me. In my head I picture her looking at a black screen with green text like from the 80s.

She tells me my status is "in the build process." WTF does that mean? I asked, am in D, D1, Framing, Paint, etc. She repeated the same line above.

Now you know how when you get your teeth cleaned and there is an area that needs attention, the hygienist hammers on that area then when she senses you are uncomfortable she goes off to do some fluff on some other teeth, but always comes back to the same tender area?

That's what I did. I knew I actually had someone who knew the system and operations of the plant, so I came at it, 6 different ways.

In the end, the best I could get was mine is "in the build process", with delivery 6-9 weeks from when it entered build. She could not tell me when it entered build and the updated dealer POC from today still says D.

I must say this is frustrating. I know they have no incentive to give us the granularity we would like on our builds, but its frustrating as hell to see similar orders placed 1 or 2 weeks after yours, already having stickers generated and reasonable delivery dates assigned.

So, we wait.... and wait... and wait...

And it does so much good to post about it here..... I know it doesn't but it makes me feel better. 🤔

Jeepgirl59

First Name
Bonnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Dodge Ram, 2014 Dodge Challenger
Long story short, ordered 4/15, cancelled, ordered again 5/31, delivery window is 7/22-8/2. No one can tell me if it's on the train yet. Once it arrives to the dealer it still has 1200 miles to get to me. The wait is killing me!
It's going to be 14 weeks Friday the 6th. still in D status today.

Sponsored

Stanley

First Name
Stas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Golf Gti. Ordered 2021 Wrangler Willy's
Updating on my status:

Ordered: 6/27/2021
VON: Same day
VIN: 6/28/2021
All parts gathered: 7/22/2021
On 7/23 Dealer provided estimated ship date: 8/4/2021
On 7/29 Dealer provided an updated ship date: 8/5/2021
On 7/30/2021 received email from customer care about estimated delivery to the dealer: Week of 9/6/2021
On 8/2, chat responded with some better news: "Your vehicle is currently in the frame stage of the build process. Currently no Dealer ETA has been provided."
On 8/4: Cryptostickers showed my build :)

Jeepgirl59

First Name
Bonnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Dodge Ram, 2014 Dodge Challenger
First congrats on beating Cancer. It took my father recently. 😔

Mine is stripper Sport, Hardtop, 2.0, Auto, Manual W/L, Block heater

Guessing I'm on the lowest of priority list now as they build Rubis that MSRP for twice mine.

But you know what, IIWII. If I do receive "The EMail" for October build, I think I'll cancel and wait on a 2022. I don't want a brand new jeep to come right before winter.
So I call Jeep to see if they can get me an update on my build. Still not showing any movement, a build sheet or sticker.

Long story short they can't find it again by the VIN. She finally finds it by the VON, but I learned something.

The VIN is reserved when you order, but isn't associated with the hunk of metal that will be your Wrangler until well into the build process.

Now I assumed if you gave them the VON, they could type it in and (pop) up came your order. You know like any other company in existence. This also is not true. She actually needed type of vehicle, options, etc to find my order with the VON. This confuses me. In my head I picture her looking at a black screen with green text like from the 80s.

She tells me my status is "in the build process." WTF does that mean? I asked, am in D, D1, Framing, Paint, etc. She repeated the same line above.

Now you know how when you get your teeth cleaned and there is an area that needs attention, the hygienist hammers on that area then when she senses you are uncomfortable she goes off to do some fluff on some other teeth, but always comes back to the same tender area?

That's what I did. I knew I actually had someone who knew the system and operations of the plant, so I came at it, 6 different ways.

In the end, the best I could get was mine is "in the build process", with delivery 6-9 weeks from when it entered build. She could not tell me when it entered build and the updated dealer POC from today still says D.

I must say this is frustrating. I know they have no incentive to give us the granularity we would like on our builds, but its frustrating as hell to see similar orders placed 1 or 2 weeks after yours, already having stickers generated and reasonable delivery dates assigned.

So, we wait.... and wait... and wait...

And it does so much good to post about it here..... I know it doesn't but it makes me feel better. 🤔
It makes me feel better to vent. I am just so confused. Do they only build certain vehicles at a time? I thought build to order was build to order. Like first come, first serve. Guess that's not how it is or I wouldn't be waiting 97 days and have not heard one single word from Jeep. NOT ONE WORD.

LuvHydro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It makes me feel better to vent. I am just so confused. Do they only build certain vehicles at a time? I thought build to order was build to order. Like first come, first serve. Guess that's not how it is or I wouldn't be waiting 97 days and have not heard one single word from Jeep. NOT ONE WORD.
I just need to stay off the forum. When I see orders that come in 1,2,3,4 weeks after mine being delivered it is.... disappointing.

Verbal chat says I'm in build, Jeep Chat and dealer say I'm still in D.

I'm up for a trip to Toledo, we can stand in the lobby until they build our Jeeps. 🤣🤣

Like you, it's the lack of information that is killer.

chuckshann

First Name
shannon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 jlu sport s
I just need to stay off the forum. When I see orders that come in 1,2,3,4 weeks after mine being delivered it is.... disappointing.

Verbal chat says I'm in build, Jeep Chat and dealer say I'm still in D.

I'm up for a trip to Toledo, we can stand in the lobby until they build our Jeeps. 🤣🤣

Like you, it's the lack of information that is killer.

It's not disappointing, it's INFURIATING!! We odered ours 5/28 and can't get info on it from anyone. Chat is worthless, haven't gotten any response to emails, and the dealer doesn't know anything other than an "estimated ship date" which is 8/11, but it hasn't even entered build status from what little info we can get so that date is BS. I am sick of getting the run around from jeep and am SERIOUSLY considering cancelling the order and saying screw jeep.

Last edited:

LuvHydro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It's not disappointing, it's INFURIATING!! We odered ours 5/28 and can't get info on it from anyone. Chat is worthless, haven't gotten any response to emails, and the dealer doesn't know anything other than an "estimated ship date" which is 8/11, but it hasn't even entered build status from what little info we can get so that date is BS. I am sick of getting the run around from jeep and am SERIOUSLY considering cancelling the order and saying screw jeep.
Well, honestly, it is infuriating.

I was doing fine until I started looking at the charts. Even my dealer was feeling like 6 weeks for delivery based on the way others were coming in.

Like you and I both mentioned, it's the lack of and inconsistency in communication from Jeep that is maddening. In my dealers defense, I really haven't bothered them beyond a poke every couple weeks. That changes on Friday when I hit 7 weeks. I want answers. As many as they sell I have to believe they can contact someone in the organization that actually knows what is going on.

It's frustrating thinking almost all the warm weather will be gone on our region by the time I get it, but even moreso for me, is I can't believe there are that many more chips to be had.

All the sudden they will be shutting down Wranglers for a few weeks due to chips.

When I call they'll say "Sorry pal, we don't have any chips left for your vehicle. And I'll snap and say that's because you put them all in the units that you built and shipped to folks that ordered weeks after I did. 🤨"

Not that I'm bitter or anything. 🤣🤣🤣

Oh well, hope for the best is all we can do. Hang in there and keep us in the loop on what you find out.
Sponsored