chuckshann

First Name
shannon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 jlu sport s
Well, honestly, it is infuriating.

I was doing fine until I started looking at the charts. Even my dealer was feeling like 6 weeks for delivery based on the way others were coming in.

Like you and I both mentioned, it's the lack of and inconsistency in communication from Jeep that is maddening. In my dealers defense, I really haven't bothered them beyond a poke every couple weeks. That changes on Friday when I hit 7 weeks. I want answers. As many as they sell I have to believe they can contact someone in the organization that actually knows what is going on.

It's frustrating thinking almost all the warm weather will be gone on our region by the time I get it, but even moreso for me, is I can't believe there are that many more chips to be had.

All the sudden they will be shutting down Wranglers for a few weeks due to chips.

When I call they'll say "Sorry pal, we don't have any chips left for your vehicle. And I'll snap and say that's because you put them all in the units that you built and shipped to folks that ordered weeks after I did. 🤨"

Not that I'm bitter or anything. 🤣🤣🤣

Oh well, hope for the best is all we can do. Hang in there and keep us in the loop on what you find out.
Will do, you do that as well. We are in Indiana so good weather won't be here much longer. We have a trip tobthe smoky mountains next eeek that we were supposed to have the jeep for but that is a pipe dream obviously.
Sponsored

Solo25

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURD, 22 JLUR4XE ON ORDER

I was doing fine until I started looking at the charts. Even my dealer was feeling like 6 weeks for delivery based on the way others were coming in.

Like you and I both mentioned, it's the lack of and inconsistency in communication from Jeep that is maddening. In my dealers defense, I really haven't bothered them beyond a poke every couple weeks. That changes on Friday when I hit 7 weeks. I want answers. As many as they sell I have to believe they can contact someone in the organization that actually knows what is going on.

It's frustrating thinking almost all the warm weather will be gone on our region by the time I get it, but even moreso for me, is I can't believe there are that many more chips to be had.

All the sudden they will be shutting down Wranglers for a few weeks due to chips.

When I call they'll say "Sorry pal, we don't have any chips left for your vehicle. And I'll snap and say that's because you put them all in the units that you built and shipped to folks that ordered weeks after I did. 🤨"

Oh well, hope for the best is all we can do. Hang in there and keep us in the loop on what you find out.
Call JC and work with them on elevating the build. Over 45 days you can. I did today at 46 days. 7 weeks will be sat. Chips aren't the problem for the wranglers. They have plenty. Radiator shroud is the big issue they are having now from the techs but they said they have plenty of chips to last. That's why the gladiator shut down this week was for the shroud and the wrangler has 100% priority over any other jeep. I am supposed to get a call back tomorrow about dates after I had them open a case today. We shall see. I'm sick of the wait

LuvHydro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUS Hella , 22 JLUSS Hydro
Call JC and work with them on elevating the build. Over 45 days you can. I did today at 46 days. 7 weeks will be sat. Chips aren't the problem for the wranglers. They have plenty. Radiator shroud is the big issue they are having now from the techs but they said they have plenty of chips to last. That's why the gladiator shut down this week was for the shroud and the wrangler has 100% priority over any other jeep. I am supposed to get a call back tomorrow about dates after I had them open a case today. We shall see. I'm sick of the wait
I will first call Renee late tommorrow and see if they will advocate for me. If not, I'll do it myself, but I still think they should have better contacts and more pull than some random customer whining to corporate.

Someone at Jeep knows exactly why I'm still in D, all I want is to know why. If it's the heater, delete it, if it's the manual W/L, bump me up to a Sport S and charge me the difference. 😁

chuckshann

First Name
shannon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 jlu sport s
Ours was elevated 4 weeks ago. JC hasn't been able to tell me anything since then.

Sponsored

chuckshann

First Name
shannon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 jlu sport s
I will first call Renee late tommorrow and see if they will advocate for me. If not, I'll do it myself, but I still think they should have better contacts and more pull than some random customer whining to corporate.

Someone at Jeep knows exactly why I'm still in D, all I want is to know why. If it's the heater, delete it, if it's the manual W/L, bump me up to a Sport S and charge me the difference. 😁
I agree. Not much I wouldn't give up on it to get it now.....except the color, gotta have the Gecko

BroSyl

First Name
Bro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' Hydro Blue Willys 4dr

AND... they reserved those chips for that ugly and disappointing L they decided to build which I see just sitting on lots and not being sold around here. Being ghosted by my dealership this week after getting my email from Jeep wave. Even better, I've been stalking other dealer websites and literally came across a Willy's with the same options as my order, on the lot in GECKO green?!!? How possible that they get that the first week in August, but mine order made in June in Hydro Blue isn't due to be delivered until Nov? WTF Jeep?! Are you trying to convince me to somehow get over the love I have for Wranglers, is this going to be the break up of the century? I know, I know, it's you, it's not me right.

chuckshann

First Name
shannon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 jlu sport s
AND... they reserved those chips for that ugly and disappointing L they decided to build which I see just sitting on lots and not being sold around here. Being ghosted by my dealership this week after getting my email from Jeep wave. Even better, I've been stalking other dealer websites and literally came across a Willy's with the same options as my order, on the lot in GECKO green?!!? How possible that they get that the first week in August, but mine order made in June in Hydro Blue isn't due to be delivered until Nov? WTF Jeep?! Are you trying to convince me to somehow get over the love I have for Wranglers, is this going to be the break up of the century? I know, I know, it's you, it's not me right.

What dealer was that?

Jeepgirl59

First Name
Bonnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Dodge Ram, 2014 Dodge Challenger
I just need to stay off the forum. When I see orders that come in 1,2,3,4 weeks after mine being delivered it is.... disappointing.

Verbal chat says I'm in build, Jeep Chat and dealer say I'm still in D.

I'm up for a trip to Toledo, we can stand in the lobby until they build our Jeeps. 🤣🤣

Like you, it's the lack of information that is killer.
Yep, my husband told me to stay off Jeep chat for a week. LOL

Sponsored

Jeepgirl59

First Name
Bonnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Dodge Ram, 2014 Dodge Challenger
14 weeks tomorrow and the only email i received from Jeep was when I was told my build was being escalated. That has been 3 weeks ago. My dealer emailed me the VIN number they received in an email. but i have yet to be contacted by Jeep.

BroSyl

First Name
Bro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' Hydro Blue Willys 4dr
What dealer was that?
DiFeo in Manahawkin NJ - https://www.manahawkinchryslerdodge...imited-Unlimited+Willys+4x4-1C4HJXDN4MW759591.

I called them, fully explained my sitch and told them I have a CDI. They called back and said they can't use CDI. I said, no, you mean you won't take it. I'm also not a fool to pay anything over invoice, but after the CDI conversation, I didn't even go any further. Love the Gecko, but also love the Hydro Blue that I ordered. I'm praying my 11/3 delivery estimate was a fluke email.

chuckshann

First Name
shannon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 jlu sport s
DiFeo in Manahawkin NJ - https://www.manahawkinchryslerdodge...imited-Unlimited+Willys+4x4-1C4HJXDN4MW759591.

I called them, fully explained my sitch and told them I have a CDI. They called back and said they can't use CDI. I said, no, you mean you won't take it. I'm also not a fool to pay anything over invoice, but after the CDI conversation, I didn't even go any further. Love the Gecko, but also love the Hydro Blue that I ordered. I'm praying my 11/3 delivery estimate was a fluke email.
😭I am in Indiana. My husband found a couple here so fingers crossed. Thanks for the info though. NJ is too far to be in my trade in vehicle😂

CrimsonGhost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willys
Occupation
Systems Engineer
I ordered mine on 7/29 and the Sales Manager is hoping for 6-8 weeks. My GC Lease is up in a month, so they are buying it out and slapping a dealer plate on it until my Willys comes in. I really hope to get it before winter after reading some of the delays people are reporting.

Stanley

First Name
Stas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Golf Gti. Ordered 2021 Wrangler Willy's
Ordered: 6/27/2021
VON: Same day
VIN: 6/28/2021
All parts gathered: 7/22/2021
On 7/23 Dealer provided estimated ship date: 8/4/2021
On 7/29 Dealer provided an updated ship date: 8/5/2021
On 7/30/2021 received email from customer care about estimated delivery to the dealer: Week of 9/6/2021
On 8/2, chat responded with some better news: "Your vehicle is currently in the frame stage of the build process. Currently no Dealer ETA has been provided."
On 8/4, received a build sheet and chat confirmed that vehicle is in inspection.
On 8/5, dealer provided ETA: 8/16/21-8/25/21.

This is JLU, Willy's.
Sponsored