Sponsored

indmotor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 wrangler
sounds like bullshit to me. you should have a VIN/VON, even with the plant shut down.

did you write a check or put your deposit on credit card?
I know! Yes I put the 500.00 downpayment on my credit card and was billed for it on my statement and paid. I got a receipt with a full list of options, prices on everything like a build sheet at time of order along with the credit card receipt
. I never even knew about the VIN number until I learned about it on this Forum. As a Jeep owner (This will be my 2nd Jeep) I love this forum and the people here.
Sponsored

kingpinJL

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ram 1500 Limited, 2021 JLUR
I know! Yes I put the 500.00 downpayment on my credit card and was billed for it on my statement and paid. I got a receipt with a full list of options, prices on everything like a build sheet at time of order along with the credit card receipt
. I never even knew about the VIN number until I learned about it on this Forum. As a Jeep owner (This will be my 2nd Jeep) I love this forum and the people here.
I would dispute it with your credit card company and find another dealership.

OP
OP
nerubi

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
They haven't been making any 2020 High Altitude trims lately but those owners are starting to get notices of being built. And Crypto hasn't had a new uodate for a week now, if it picks up these new HA builds by tomorrow maybe they will start building the 2021s some time this year.:like:

Wranglernator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Wrangler (sold); 2021 Sting Gray Rubi Unlimited
Occupation
Evil Overlord
So at what point in the process should you expect to get the extended warranty upsell attempt?

I'm close to ordering and haven't looked into extended warranties yet. But since I'm getting that Rube Goldberg 3.6 eTorque, I definitely want one. Is there some deadline you have to buy the extended warranty by?

OP
OP
nerubi

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Starting when you pick it up you will get offers. Needs to buy within the bumper to bumper warranty period for most. But it costs more the longer you wait.

Sponsored

DogplasmaPeopleplasma

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 4Runner Trail Premium....2021 JLUR
Out of curiosity, I noticed when I poked through dealer inventories on Jeep.com, you will see some wranglers listed as ‘on dealer lot’ and others show as ‘in transit’. Is there perhaps a correlation there that if all of a sudden a new wrangler ‘in transit’ to your dealer looks just like what you ordered, that could be a way to further tell that the Jeep you ordered is possibly done and on it’s way? Just thinking this may be another step one could eyeball in addition to all the other helpful bits shared at the top of this thread.

OP
OP
nerubi

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Out of curiosity, I noticed when I poked through dealer inventories on Jeep.com, you will see some wranglers listed as ‘on dealer lot’ and others show as ‘in transit’. Is there perhaps a correlation there that if all of a sudden a new wrangler ‘in transit’ to your dealer looks just like what you ordered, that could be a way to further tell that the Jeep you ordered is possibly done and on it’s way? Just thinking this may be another step one could eyeball in addition to all the other helpful bits shared at the top of this thread.
Some dealers will post (or they claim the Jeep system does it) sold orders as in transit. I haven't seen for sure if it really means it is actually in transit or if it just means it is an order.

indmotor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 wrangler
oooh good idea!

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon EcoDiesel (11th Jeep)
Occupation
Retired CFO. Mayo Clinic volunteer.
my salesman is still laid off and keeps asking for me, but there is no information for him to give. all he can do is ask his manager.
Your salesman is still working your deal while laid off? Sounds like he's providing better service than the salesmen who are still on the job. You are lucky.

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon EcoDiesel (11th Jeep)
Occupation
Retired CFO. Mayo Clinic volunteer.
Nerubi, when I ordered my 2016 there was a different forum that had a tracking tool. For $25 you received an elevated level of forum membership and that included detailed tracking of your new Jeep on a daily basis.

I'm assuming that that tracking process is no longer. ???

Sponsored

OP
OP
nerubi

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Nerubi, when I ordered my 2016 there was a different forum that had a tracking tool. For $25 you received an elevated level of forum membership and that included detailed tracking of your new Jeep on a daily basis.

I'm assuming that that tracking process is no longer. ???
Correct. Jeep got rid of all external-facing status systems.

Brian1022

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Liberty (formerly), 2021 Rubicon
Occupation
Engineer
Originally, 8/10/20 was the unofficial start date. But then FCA announced they would not be closing the factory for the usual 3 week summer break. And they also opened up 2021 ordering the first week of June instead of July, which was originally planned. Sounds to me like they're planning on starting 2021 production sooner than originally planned. I can only assume this means they are getting down to the last of the 2020s.

47213B40-56A8-45AC-A108-3E4CCBA63A92.jpeg
Where did you find your data? I tried jeep chat and was told:
"I have checked with our brands team in regard to any information for the 2021 model year.

The information I was provided is that they are accepting orders at this time and there is no information available as of yet in regard to production time frame."
I ordered my 2021 Rubicon on 6-19-2020. Mid August would be fantastic, I'd still have some summer here in New England!

OP
OP
nerubi

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Estimated Ship Date is Jeepese for estimated build date - start. Build can take 1 to 3 days depending on what day it starts. And if you have any of the selected options it goes to body vendor for those and that can take an additional one day to two weeks.

ScooterB54

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ram 1900 unlimited, 2013 Grand Cherokee Laredo
I'm order my 21 through the same dealer i've used since 2007. no deposit requested. Received the VIN is a week
Sponsored