Got the V41 recall work done

Islandlife

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL
Nice! Where are they located? I’m out in Brighton and need to find a dealer who does this fix correctly.
Sorry for the late response, work got busy so I haven’t logged on in a few. Ray laethem is located in Grosse Pointe.
Sponsored

Bryce

First Name
Bryce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Never got a notice for mine.
Crawled under it tonight and it looks like mine rolled off the factory with the 580AE stabilizer.
April 23, 2019, build date.

20190904_211710.jpg

blessidsoul12

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 billet silver JLUR, 2019 chevy suburban
Well, I have fallen victim. This even AFTER I called this morning and gave them a heads up to check and make sure they don't install it backwards or upside down. The service mgr assured me he would double check with his lead tech and that it wouldn't happen. If I were to not give a f**k at my job, people would die.

Dear @JeepCares please pressure FCA to do some education with your service depts, apparently a giant sticker that says "front of vehicle" isn't clear enough...

IMG_20190904_181857.jpg

Agent47

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mojito! JLU 2.0T (Built 7/4)
Well, I have fallen victim. This even AFTER I called this morning and gave them a heads up to check and make sure they don't install it backwards or upside down. The service mgr assured me he would double check with his lead tech and that it wouldn't happen. If I were to not give a f**k at my job, people would die.

Dear @JeepCares please pressure FCA to do some education with your service depts, apparently a giant sticker that says "front of vehicle" isn't clear enough...

IMG_20190904_181857.jpg
What’s interesting is that the part number sticker on my stock AC revision stabilizer is pointed up just like this incorrectly installed AE version.

JO DYRT

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.clickonpc.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
IT Professional
Vehicle Showcase

IMG_20190904_181857.jpg

Jordan, mine is in for service and I took the V41 doc in and showed the service manager and made a clear point that dealers/techs are putting them in wrong. He also assured me it would be done correct and his master tech was doing my work. Hope to pick it up today, we shall see...

Sponsored

Colorado Rubicon

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Firecracker Red JL Unlimited Rubicon, 2014 Dune Clear Coat JK Unlimited Sahara, 2012 Ram 3500 Longhorn Dually, 2017 Jeep Renegade Trailhawk (Daughters), 2015 Polaris RZR 4 1000, 2014 Polaris Ranger XP 900 Crew
I had my V41 recall done yesterday. After picking it up last night and driving it home the steering felt more loose. Then this morning driving to work i drove across a bridge joint and experienced death wobble for the first time. It is now back at the dealership. The steering dampener was installed correctly.

1quick1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
Vehicle Showcase
Mine was completed yesterday but I haven't noticed a difference.

Chuck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon M/T 2dr, 2009 Nissan Xterra Off Road M/T with a 2" lift
Vehicle Showcase
Just had my V41 work done, along with an oil change. When I got home I took a look at the new damper and noticed the sticker with the arrow pointing the wrong way. Got on this forum (which is the best thing ever) and got my suspicions confirmed -- that it was installed incorrectly.

My dealership's service department is completely incompetent, so this doesn't surprise me. Last time I had it in for two different issues, they were unable to fix either.

Oh, and also, I thought I'd check their work regarding my oil ... and they added 6 qts instead of 5. I really want to be pissed, but at this point it's just laughable.

Getting the work corrected, it's just a huge unnecessary hassle. When my warranty expires, I'll never return to this dealership.

BTW, regarding the recall, I never had any DW or steering issues before, and I've hit significant bumps on highways up to 85 mph.

7below

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU
Vehicle Showcase
Update to my earlier post about submitting for reimbursement through the FCA website after replacing my stabilizer with a Fox 2.0 before they announced the recall. I have now received my check from FCA for what I paid for the Fox 2.0 stabilizer. I replaced it myself so I didn't ask for labor. They told me I still show the recall needing done so I should schedule it with my local dealer. Which I guess I could do and have them save the Fox Shox stabilizer for me to reinstall if I don't notice a difference. Or I could do nothing. I just don't like seeing a recall not performed when I am looking at my vehicle on the Jeep owner page.

Sponsored

BrntWS6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS, 2002 WS6
Well, i changed my mind. Didn't really notice a difference until i got on the highway at 70+mph. There are definitely less need for corrections while driving now. Thumbs up!

OregonJeepGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS Sting Gray
Occupation
Old retired guy
Had mine done today at Lithia Jeep in Eugene. They got it right. Just driving home the steering felt tighter, but it’ll take awhile to see if there’s a real difference.
28378384-C492-4319-8241-8B8D4B8AD625.jpeg

melendez69

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 3.6 JLR / 2013 911 / 2013 E92 M3
Occupation
...huh?
Vehicle Showcase
Update to my earlier post about submitting for reimbursement through the FCA website after replacing my stabilizer with a Fox 2.0 before they announced the recall. I have now received my check from FCA for what I paid for the Fox 2.0 stabilizer. I replaced it myself so I didn't ask for labor. They told me I still show the recall needing done so I should schedule it with my local dealer. Which I guess I could do and have them save the Fox Shox stabilizer for me to reinstall if I don't notice a difference. Or I could do nothing. I just don't like seeing a recall not performed when I am looking at my vehicle on the Jeep owner page.

All the dealer has to do is an inspection to mark the recall as completed.

From my FCA approval notice:

Also, since it is still showing on our system that the V41 recall is not yet completed, we highly advise to have the vehicle inspected at an FCA dealership as soon as possible. No worries there won't be any charge for it.

Macchiato

First Name
Diego
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jl Sport S
OK, I had mine completed yesterday. Here are my observations as a guy that generally does all my own work. First I have a 2D sport that has a 4d rubicon suspension on it and I put on the Mopar longer lower control arms - Which by the way helped overall with return to center issues (read wandering). I am running 6.2 degrees caster now with the longer control arms. I gained a tad over 2 inches lift using the 4 door rubi take off suspension.

So, even before I did the lift I was noticing that each day driving the reverberation in the steering going over bumps was getting a tad worse over time. A month and a half after install I got the V41 notice and by that time, it was getting very close to full death wobble. Not fully but on certain types of uneven pavement at high speed, I was feeling sustained harmonic frequency issues in the steering.

So I have the V41 done, and yes correctly - but while I had it in the shop, since it is easy for them to do on a lift, I had them check each and every part of the front suspension system for tightness - including lower and upper control arms, drag, pitman, steering box itself, ball joints, sway bar links upper and lower, tie rod, and track bar.

So the difference so far has been surreal. First of all, the steering is about 35% tighter overall. I have 4 other cars and it's tighter than any of them (I love it). Secondly, center play (deadness) is mostly eliminated (It was already tracking very straight with 6.2 degrees caster and returning to center quickly). And lastly the reverberation over those same bumps is all but eliminated. It is so much better than even my JK was (Not to mention my ages ago CJ5 , lol). It really feels like a different Jeep now. Will this last? I am not sure, but if it doesn't I'll be going with a different stabilizer. Was it the new steering stabilizer or them going over the entire suspension that made the huge difference? Again, I'm not sure but glad I had them do both.

edit - corrected camber to caster. Two glasses of wine at noon.

Last edited:

blessidsoul12

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 billet silver JLUR, 2019 chevy suburban
Jordan, mine is in for service and I took the V41 doc in and showed the service manager and made a clear point that dealers/techs are putting them in wrong. He also assured me it would be done correct and his master tech was doing my work. Hope to pick it up today, we shall see...
Hope it's correct. Its crazy to think that even bringing in the instructions may not make a difference, because unless a hard copy is in the hands of the tech at the time he or she is doing it then it doesn't matter who you show/tell.

My SD had no answer for how they managed to screw it up. They even remembered and acknowledged me calling them before to warn them. In addition I can't pick up INDOMINUS tonight because I'm at work late so it has to sit overnight. Problem is my top is off. I argued with them and they agreed to store it inside the svc bay overnight as it's supposed to storm tonight. I will drive by and make sure she is inside. They gave me a loaner 2017 JK Sahara. This thing is a piece o' poo.
Sponsored