Sponsored

Getting ready to buy stuff...

jeepman1986

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Willys
Hey guys! I posted this thread a while back and ya'll were super helpful in helping me figure out what I wanted. I wanted to show you what I was planning to buy so you could either give me the green or tell me that I was making a terrible mistake. I've decided to go ahead and go with a 2.5" suspension lift with 35" tires. Because of the additional height, I feel like I'm going to need some kind of a step rail that shorter people can use to get in, so I thought I'd install that as well. Here's what I was thinking:

1. Quadratec Maximum Duty 2.5in Coil Spring Suspension Lift Kit with Fox 2.0 Performance Series IFP Shocks
2. Quadratec QR4 Heavy Duty Oval Side Steps
3. BFGoodrich All Terrain T/A 35x12.50R17/E 121R

These all looked like they got good reviews, and are around the price that I'm looking to pay (although geez tires are expensive). That said, I'm definitely open to better suggestions! Let me know what you guys think. Thanks!
Sponsored

Tom73

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ram 2500, 1967 Chevy 2
Take a look at 315/70r17 tires. Same basic size as 35x12.5 but more options. You can get them in BFG with a C load rating.

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
Hey guys! I posted this thread a while back and ya'll were super helpful in helping me figure out what I wanted. I wanted to show you what I was planning to buy so you could either give me the green or tell me that I was making a terrible mistake. I've decided to go ahead and go with a 2.5" suspension lift with 35" tires. Because of the additional height, I feel like I'm going to need some kind of a step rail that shorter people can use to get in, so I thought I'd install that as well. Here's what I was thinking:

1. Quadratec Maximum Duty 2.5in Coil Spring Suspension Lift Kit with Fox 2.0 Performance Series IFP Shocks

These all looked like they got good reviews, and are around the price that I'm looking to pay (although geez tires are expensive). That said, I'm definitely open to better suggestions! Let me know what you guys think. Thanks!
Also add some Mopar lift LCAs to your shopping cart, otherwise your caster will be too low and your Jeep will wander off center at high speeds. Here's my install link w/ part info here
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/rubicon-suspension-on-2-door-sport.40700/#post-919317

Also you might want to look into a C load rated BFG tire, will be more compliant when aired down, lighter too!, Also you may need wheel spacers to keep from rubbing on your inner fender & suspension parts if you don't go w/ new wheels w/ better offsets.

Rockstar08

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport

Black Friday is this week if you are going to buy wait for these sales and cyber Monday make all your big purchases then!!

JL MADDOG

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL 2.0L Turbo
Occupation
Jeepin'
I needed to install something for side steps as well when I lifted my Willys (vertically challenged better half) but I wanted something that gave me some rock slider capability. I went with these:

Westin 42-6025

I am very happy with the quality of their construction, the powder coating and the function of them.

Sponsored

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
I needed to install something for side steps as well when I lifted my Willys (vertically challenged better half) but I wanted something that gave me some rock slider capability. I went with these:

Westin 42-6025

I am very happy with the quality of their construction, the powder coating and the function of them.
If you're going to play in the rocks, I highly recommend heeding this advice, and getting a slider with no drop down steps that hang off.

I also have these Westin triple tubes and have beat on them pretty good. Note, the third rail hangs down compared to some other sliders, so you sacrifice a little frame clearance, but you can be confident you can drag the Jeep on these without any body damage.

rcadden

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Hydro Blue Sahara Altitude
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Marketing
Clubs