Sponsored

Finally getting my Metalcloak Game Changer. What to watch out for?

jellis4148

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JLU Rubicon
I'm finally get my MC GC 3.5 lift installed in the next week or so. While I do think the shop doing it is reputable, and know what they are doing. Is there anything I need to watch out for? Like brake lines not being moved or something else that needs to be done with the lift that only true installers know? I'm doing the lift with Fox 2.5 shocks, and the MC Tie-rod, drag link, and steering relocation bracket. Thanks for the help.
Sponsored

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Congratulations on joining the "Gold Standard" club! If they're also doing the alignment, make sure they aren't going by factory specs, which are too low for the caster. You want it set to 6-6.5°.

OP
OP
jellis4148

jellis4148

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Congratulations on joining the "Gold Standard" club! If they're also doing the alignment, make sure they aren't going by factory specs, which are too low for the caster. You want it set to 6-6.5°.
Okay. I’ll let them know.

Jeepsk8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
They will need to relocate the E-brake cables so that they don't go over the crossmember. Make sure your E-brake works afterwards, they tend to disconnect from the spreader bar under the console (ask me how I know, lol).

OP
OP
jellis4148

jellis4148

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They will need to relocate the E-brake cables so that they don't go over the crossmember. Make sure your E-brake works afterwards, they tend to disconnect from the spreader bar under the console (ask me how I know, lol).

Good info. Thanks guys.

Sponsored

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I'm finally get my MC GC 3.5 lift installed in the next week or so. While I do think the shop doing it is reputable, and know what they are doing. Is there anything I need to watch out for? Like brake lines not being moved or something else that needs to be done with the lift that only true installers know? I'm doing the lift with Fox 2.5 shocks, and the MC Tie-rod, drag link, and steering relocation bracket. Thanks for the help.
Depending on which shocks you’re getting, ones for 3 - 4.5 inch lift or the ones for 4.5 - 6 inch lift, you’ll want to run some shock outboard relo brackets. With the 2.5s they’ll hit the frame at full droop. MC has these brackets but they also raise the shock 1.5” as well as move it out. That’s 1.5” of up travel you’ll lose. I’m running the shocks for 6” lift with 3.5” springs, so I only have about 5” of up travel. Not wanting to sacrifice any more, I got the EVO outboard brackets, they keep the shock in the same location as factory mount, just pushes them out. This is if your gonna be wheeling it, you won’t have any problem DD.

OP
OP
jellis4148

jellis4148

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Depending on which shocks you’re getting, ones for 3 - 4.5 inch lift or the ones for 4.5 - 6 inch lift, you’ll want to run some shock outboard relo brackets. With the 2.5s they’ll hit the frame at full droop. MC has these brackets but they also raise the shock 1.5” as well as move it out. That’s 1.5” of up travel you’ll lose. I’m running the shocks for 6” lift with 3.5” springs, so I only have about 5” of up travel. Not wanting to sacrifice any more, I got the EVO outboard brackets, they keep the shock in the same location as factory mount, just pushes them out. This is if your gonna be wheeling it, you won’t have any problem DD.
I will be wheeling. I got the 4.5-6 for front and 3.5-4 for rear. They match the rock sport shocks.

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I will be wheeling. I got the 4.5-6 for front and 3.5-4 for rear. They match the rock sport shocks.
That’s great , you’ll utilize the full potential of the lift that way. The rock sports aren’t as big diameter that’s why the relo brackets are not needed for them. This is just a heads up.

Last edited:
OP
OP
jellis4148

jellis4148

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That’s great , you’ll utilize the full potential of the lift that way. The rock sports aren’t as big diameter that’s why the relo brackets are not needed for them. This is just a heads up.
I called metal cloak and the kit for no shocks comes with the relocation brackets for shocks.
Sponsored