Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.metalcloak.com
Vehicle(s)
18 JL 2.0T Sport S
Occupation
Sales and tech support for MetalCloak
Not sure on zinc'd covers at this point. We did talk about the possibility of adding it as an option but not sure if or when.

Krondor

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL - Punk'n Edition
Build Thread
Link
Not sure on zinc'd covers at this point. We did talk about the possibility of adding it as an option but not sure if or when.
It would seem to fit better with your other bits. Are they currently shipped raw or painted black?

CloakedWillys

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.metalcloak.com
Vehicle(s)
18 JL 2.0T Sport S
Occupation
It would seem to fit better with your other bits. Are they currently shipped raw or painted black?
They are currently shipped raw so that they can be coated however a customer wants. We have seen our other covers painted any number of ways.

Punk'n Head

First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jl Sport
any chance one will be made to work on the sport S front differential ? i have the Trailer package on mine which i believe you guys have a skid plate for the rear which i plan on getting and would like to have a front to match? thanks

Sponsored

TxJeepers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Any difference in fill capacity? Do you fill to the fill hole? Does it have the same channels for oil flow? Does it do a better job cooling?
No mention on the MC website concerning the fill hole being same as stock so you know when to stop filling. ie, fill until it starts coming out the hole. Not sure why they'd engineer this not to do that. All other top shelf diff covers do it.

Krondor

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL - Punk'n Edition
Build Thread
Link
No mention on the MC website concerning the fill hole being same as stock so you know when to stop filling. ie, fill until it starts coming out the hole. Not sure why they'd engineer this not to do that. All other top shelf diff covers do it.
I've gone through this before and overfilled my diffs because the aftermarket covers didn't account for fill levels. What a mess. :asshat:

lembowski

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Sting Gray
Fill capacity should be same as stock. I will have to double check that the hole matches stock. No better job cooling but heat is not normally an issue for the front diff as it does not see big loads that generate heat like a diesel truck does towing.
@CloakedWillys can we get an update on the fill hole? Don't want to buy them off a "should be same as stock". If its not set as stock it would be a huge bummer....

CloakedWillys

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.metalcloak.com
Vehicle(s)
18 JL 2.0T Sport S
Occupation
@CloakedWillys can we get an update on the fill hole? Don't want to buy them off a "should be same as stock". If its not set as stock it would be a huge bummer....
Confirmed that the capacity is same as stock but the hole is higher. This means that it is not a fill till it flows out but make sure to measure out what goes in.

Sponsored

RubiJR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR and 1992 Suzuki Sidekick
I've been waiting on the MC skid as well. I have the Rancho front skid and it took a hit this weekend. Protected the diff cover but the skid is apparently a one punch chump. It folded up into the cover so that I'm going to have to somehow bend it down to even access the lower cover bolts.

70591723_10220760014410691_392711631789883392_o-X3.jpg
How hard did you hit the front diff skid from Rancho? I was looking into both and MetalCloak uses 7 gauge steel which is 13/16 and Rancho uses 1/4 High strength low alloy, which would translate to 4/16. The Rancho seems very slightly thicker so wouldn't that be slightly stronger? I know the engineering designs are different so would that strengthen the Metal Cloak? Thanks for your time

RubiJR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR and 1992 Suzuki Sidekick
How hard did you hit the front diff skid from Rancho? I was looking into both and MetalCloak uses 7 gauge steel which is 13/16 and Rancho uses 1/4 High strength low alloy, which would translate to 4/16. The Rancho seems very slightly thicker so wouldn't that be slightly stronger? I know the engineering designs are different so would that strengthen the Metal Cloak? Thanks for your time
It appears the way you hit your front diff skid may have had a worse effect without the extra front metal you taco'd. I'm curious why the full skids have the cool bolts and conical washers but the front diff skid bolts will get mangled and need to be replaced with that type of hit to the skid. In the end a diff skid is way better than no diff skid.

I'm still trying to find which is thicker and would that make it stronger - even if it does have the front glide

VA72mlibu

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! JLR; 1972 Chevy Malibu; DHC-7 & BeechCraft King-Air (operated, not owned)
Anybody else have a slight rub on the Metalcloak front diff cover? Mine has a little paint spot rubbed off at the 1:30 position as you look at it.

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
Anybody else have a slight rub on the Metalcloak front diff cover? Mine has a little paint spot rubbed off at the 1:30 position as you look at it.
Not noticed anything rubbing. Got a picture? Can you find traces of paint on anything that may rub it - track bar perhaps?
Sponsored