Sponsored

front diff skid?

Rimfire

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
is there a front diff skid in the works from metalcloak or should i pull the trigger on the Rancho one?

i plan on getting the full belly skid system and rear diff skid from metalcloak so figured if the front skid was coming i would wait.
Sponsored

rustyshakelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR-8 speed 2020 F-350
I believe MC is getting close to releasing theirs but the way I understand it will require buying their front diff cover too. Should be plenty stout. We’re already running motobilt covers so will probably do the Rancho and just paint it black

Brett

TreeHugger

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Vehicle Showcase
Yup, also waiting for the MC front diff skid. Curious how it might attach compared to the Rancho.

Ordered the MC rear diff skid and FAD system tonight.

SHYUperman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 392
I believe MC is getting close to releasing theirs but the way I understand it will require buying their front diff cover too. Should be plenty stout. We’re already running motobilt covers so will probably do the Rancho and just paint it black

Brett
@RanchoShocks glide plate will not work with the Motobilt diff cover, I tried installing them a couple weeks ago:

4SYd6Iz.jpg

gW76mHx.jpg

MlZ7Djn.jpg

MltxJXL.jpg

rustyshakelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR-8 speed 2020 F-350
@RanchoShocks glide plate will not work with the Motobilt diff cover, I tried installing them a couple weeks ago:

4SYd6Iz.jpg

gW76mHx.jpg

MlZ7Djn.jpg

MltxJXL.jpg
Man that’s good to know and a shame. I wonder how hard it would be to modify theirs to work. We are set up for some pretty serious metal fab work, could build our own but sometimes it’s easier to just buy one, especially this close to ejs

Brett

Sponsored

SHYUperman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 392
Man that’s good to know and a shame. I wonder how hard it would be to modify theirs to work. We are set up for some pretty serious metal fab work, could build our own but sometimes it’s easier to just buy one, especially this close to ejs

Brett
You can widen the hole for the diff drain plug to make it work. But, the one hole for the ubolt could be the issue. Drilling a bigger hole for the ubolt to fit will probably worsen the strength and integrity of the mounting tab.

islandtees

First Name
gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 rubicon jl
You can widen the hole for the diff drain plug to make it work. But, the one hole for the ubolt could be the issue. Drilling a bigger hole for the ubolt to fit will probably worsen the strength and integrity of the mounting tab.
I don't think that will be a problem. The tab is against the differential and any force will go up. So the tab will have plenty support from the differential.

CloakedWillys

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.metalcloak.com
Vehicle(s)
18 JL 2.0T Sport S
Occupation
Sales and tech support for MetalCloak
I am also waiting for the MC front dif skid to hit.

Any word on when?
Latest update that we have is late summer. We are working with the foundry on covers but they first ones take some time.

Sponsored

CloakedWillys

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.metalcloak.com
Vehicle(s)
18 JL 2.0T Sport S
Occupation
Ran it thru the Rubicon for jeepers jamboree. Worked great and hope to be able to release them soon.

CloakedWillys

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.metalcloak.com
Vehicle(s)
18 JL 2.0T Sport S
Occupation

AP_Rubi_18

First Name
Alejandro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR!

Brett
Glad I just read this. I was buying this today. I guess I’m going to keep looking...

Didn’t want to change my motobilt cover.... but maybe the new M design will change my mind.

Do we have a release date?