Fridge & Slider Recommendations / Discussion

RenegadeJeeper

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Stingray JLU sport
Anyone have any experience with the costway 44 unit?
About $300and has pretty dang good reviews
Sponsored

Sprint7

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 LJ 2018 JL
Been a struggle to get everything in the back of the jeep. Just to recap what i'm trying to do
1. ARB 50 with slider
2. Cargo Shelf
3. PowerTank on JL Rollbar mount

I had to modify the cargo shelf but i'm happy with how everything turned out. Thanks to Rustydog for the input on the shelf mounts!

Jeep Wrangler JL Fridge & Slider Recommendations / Discussion IMG_4004
Jeep Wrangler JL Fridge & Slider Recommendations / Discussion IMG_4010

Jeep Wrangler JL Fridge & Slider Recommendations / Discussion IMG_4014
Jeep Wrangler JL Fridge & Slider Recommendations / Discussion IMG_4016
Jeep Wrangler JL Fridge & Slider Recommendations / Discussion IMG_4013

Mojito!

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sahara Unlimited JL
Vehicle Showcase
I have the Hooke shelf and ARB 50 and DFG low profile slider. I had to raise the shelf a little but it has worked well. I have wanted to switch to the vector but I’m not sure about not having a lip on the back. I also wonder if it will fit with my CoolTechLLC fire extinguisher mount.

Jeep Wrangler JL Fridge & Slider Recommendations / Discussion IMG_4013
How did you mount the DFG low profile slider? How much did it add to the height of the cooler?

Jon

WAOLIFE

First Name
Adrian & Josie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUM - 3.6L - Sky Touch & 2015 WK2O - 3.6L - IG: @wa0life
Occupation
Fiddler of Parts
Anyone have any experience with the costway 44 unit?
About $300and has pretty dang good reviews
No, but I had the COSTWAY 53 and it fit very well and seemed to perform adequately.

Sprint7

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 LJ 2018 JL
How did you mount the DFG low profile slider? How much did it add to the height of the cooler?

Jon

Here is how it is mounted. I used the three (3) tiedown bolts on the driver side and drilled a hole in the tub for a 4th bolt. It's been solid and no issues after a year. It added about 1.5" ish best i can remember. It was about an inch less than the ARB slider.

Jeep Wrangler JL Fridge & Slider Recommendations / Discussion 1591132485484

Sponsored

Mojito!

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sahara Unlimited JL
Vehicle Showcase
Here is how it is mounted. I used the three (3) tiedown bolts on the driver side and drilled a hole in the tub for a 4th bolt. It's been solid and no issues after a year. It added about 1.5" ish best i can remember. It was about an inch less than the ARB slider.

Jeep Wrangler JL Fridge & Slider Recommendations / Discussion 1591132485484
Thanks, that looks like it might be the way to go. My goal is to be able to fit underneath a security cover. I was considering EZ Trunk, but I don't think I can go another summer with a security deck. Also looking at the Squad Box.

WAOLIFE

First Name
Adrian & Josie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUM - 3.6L - Sky Touch & 2015 WK2O - 3.6L - IG: @wa0life
Occupation
Fiddler of Parts
That's what I decided on the 53
Any issues?
Shots of install?
I returned it, I did not have faith that the Chinese compressor would last very long.

DrJoeSchmoe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR and a 2015 JK
Can anyone confirm if the ARB slider will work on the driver side with the seats up?

Sprint7

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 LJ 2018 JL
My have the ARB on the driver side with a DFG slider. I had to modify the slider but it fits.

Sponsored

CaptStarboard

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.brisbanejeepclub.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JL Wrangler Rubicon 2.2L TD - "Jacko" Punk'n Orange (Old - 2010 Jeep KK Cherokee)
I have made the platform along with two removeable panels so i can have rear seats up or down or either back seat up or down .Any combo. I strap the front down to headrest rods with small nylon lashing straps and the rear I use two nylon lashing straps and put two flush hold down rings to rear stationary portion of my platform.
Could you use the Child car seat tie downs in the seat back or in the fold (by the seat belts)?

I also have a smaller fridge here in Australia and it only takes up 1/3 of my KK's rear. I center it and it allows a tote (with the dogs on it) on the left and a totes worth of gear on the other. Really like having a fridge in the back but not taking up the full rear.

Cheers,
Capt' Starboard
Jeep Wrangler JL Fridge & Slider Recommendations / Discussion IMG_5511.JPG

Blu bi Kong

First Name
Vic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
Could you use the Child car seat tie downs in the seat back or in the fold (by the seat belts)?

I also have a smaller fridge here in Australia and it only takes up 1/3 of my KK's rear. I center it and it allows a tote (with the dogs on it) on the left and a totes worth of gear on the other. Really like having a fridge in the back but not taking up the full rear.

Cheers,
Capt' Starboard
Jeep Wrangler JL Fridge & Slider Recommendations / Discussion IMG_5511.JPG
The child seat attachment points are underneath my platform.

20200622_153407.jpg

DrJoeSchmoe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR and a 2015 JK
My have the ARB on the driver side with a DFG slider. I had to modify the slider but it fits.
I went ahead and ordered the DFG, but unfortunately, it's on backorder. Hopefully, it arrives in time for my trip!

RenegadeJeeper

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Stingray JLU sport
I pulled the trigger on a must-have from Amazon s t a k o o l is the brand best $300 I've ever spent.
0 issues and it ran perfect for 4 days.

overcrawler

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Drago has their custom solution for the JL which lines up with the existing holes and requires very little modification to install.

They use super heavy duty slide rails that don't rattle and lock both IN and OUT (not all slides do this). The thing is rock solid and worth every penny. I have used mine through Death Valley, Mojave Road (Trophy Truck style), Big Bear, etc. No rattling or shaking or noise.

It also is adjustable so you can maximize the fit in your Jeep. It positions the fridge leaving more room than most other slide solutions. If you STILL cannot get it or you need a weird size custom fridge slide vs their universal, they do custom work also.

They have an upgrade that includes a custom slide-out cutting board insert which is just beyond cool also.

Jeep Wrangler JL Fridge & Slider Recommendations / Discussion 1596824753388
Sponsored