Fridge & Slider Recommendations / Discussion

ProjectJL

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
So I've done a lot of research and I'm pretty much down to either the Snomaster or the Dometic Fridges (heard too much about cold and warm spots in the ARB's). I am not sure what size I can actually fit in the back of the Jeep, preferably on the driver's side. I was thinking that a 50-ish should work well.

Frige Slides, I am still open, and would really like something light, but heavy-duty as I prefer doing serious offroading and rock crawling. I am already in the process of building a custom platform for this to mount to, so I have some options about fitment.

What are everyone else's experiences/suggestions? Anything I am missing or that I should consider?
Sponsored

rustyshakelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR-8 speed 2020 F-350
So I've done a lot of research and I'm pretty much down to either the Snomaster or the Dometic Fridges (heard too much about cold and warm spots in the ARB's). I am not sure what size I can actually fit in the back of the Jeep, preferably on the driver's side. I was thinking that a 50-ish should work well.

Frige Slides, I am still open, and would really like something light, but heavy-duty as I prefer doing serious offroading and rock crawling. I am already in the process of building a custom platform for this to mount to, so I have some options about fitment.

What are everyone else's experiences/suggestions? Anything I am missing or that I should consider?
If you want a dual compartment, we have the snomaster 56L. It can be dual fridge/freezer or one or the other. Works great. Was eating sandwiches in Moab with ice cream for desert on the trails. They have a higher price point but come standard with nearly all the options and also carry the best warranty along with the most insulation I believe. Ours has been working flawless since we got it in January or February I believe. It’s sitting in my shop right now to show customers that come out. The 56L is about the largest I’d go, it takes up most of the rear cargo area but was the smallest dual compartment made.

Any questions, let me know

Brett

E12CEDF2-3004-474F-929F-F183F39C737C.jpeg

95F820C4-310B-4668-8BD5-EE6EF2438038.jpeg

OP
OP

ProjectJL

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
If you want a dual compartment, we have the snomaster 56L. It can be dual fridge/freezer or one or the other. Works great. Was eating sandwiches in Moab with ice cream for desert on the trails. They have a higher price point but come standard with nearly all the options and also carry the best warranty along with the most insulation I believe. Ours has been working flawless since we got it in January or February I believe. It’s sitting in my shop right now to show customers that come out. The 56L is about the largest I’d go, it takes up most of the rear cargo area but was the smallest dual compartment made.

Any questions, let me know

Brett

E12CEDF2-3004-474F-929F-F183F39C737C.jpeg

95F820C4-310B-4668-8BD5-EE6EF2438038.jpeg
That’s actually one I am on the fence about. Do I go full dual with that or the dometic 65. Or do I stay simple and go fridge only, and preferably something I can keep to one side on a slide.

rustyshakelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR-8 speed 2020 F-350
That’s actually one I am on the fence about. Do I go full dual with that or the dometic 65. Or do I stay simple and go fridge only, and preferably something I can keep to one side on a slide.
I’m biased but after having the dual, it’ll be hard to go back to a single. The flexibility has been a tremendous asset

Brett

Blu bi Kong

First Name
Vic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
My two cents now after packing one week of pre made food. Fruit, berries, yogurt, meat eggs and cheese, soda and water to
hitboth Utah and AZ.
I bought the MarinAire 42qt fridge. It's been set at 35 degrees and been in 64 to 106 degree weather. It has not missed a beat. I have seats down and the fridge sits on drivers side behind drivers seat and I access it thru rear passenger door .Have fridge, tent, 2 cots, 2 sleeping bags, 2 small carry on suit cases, two large totes, two small totes, Jeep bag (air, hose, gas spout, spotlight, first aid kit), 2 chairs, small folding table, two recycleable grocery sacks and a picnic cooler.
This thing works bitchin and allows for a full compliment of a weeks supplies for two. Zero battery issues.
100% satisfied.
I don't think I could do all that with the bigger coolers?
This thing is perfect! 22-1/2" long, 14-1/2" front to back and 16" high. Allows it to fully open without sliding. Strapped down. Cannot say enough about it. More room than we have needed.
20190814_153614.jpg

Sponsored

OP
OP

ProjectJL

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
My two cents now after packing one week of pre made food. Fruit, berries, yogurt, meat eggs and cheese, soda and water to
hitboth Utah and AZ.
I bought the MarinAire 42qt fridge. It's been set at 35 degrees and been in 64 to 106 degree weather. It has not missed a beat. I have seats down and the fridge sits on drivers side behind drivers seat and I access it thru rear passenger door .Have fridge, tent, 2 cots, 2 sleeping bags, 2 small carry on suit cases, two large totes, two small totes, Jeep bag (air, hose, gas spout, spotlight, first aid kit), 2 chairs, small folding table, two recycleable grocery sacks and a picnic cooler.
This thing works bitchin and allows for a full compliment of a weeks supplies for two. Zero battery issues.
100% satisfied.
This thing is perfect! 22-1/2" long, 14-1/2" front to back and 16" high. Allows it to fully open without sliding. Strapped down. Cannot say enough about it. More room than we have needed.
20190814_153614.jpg
I am drawn to smaller fridges for weight and packing space concerns. I’d like something that takes up one whole side of the trunk, not the entire trunk.

I do like your idea of back seat placement, but how are you reliably strapping it down?

Blu bi Kong

First Name
Vic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
I am drawn to smaller fridges for weight and packing space concerns. I’d like something that takes up one whole side of the trunk, not the entire trunk.

I do like your idea of back seat placement, but how are you reliably strapping it down?
I have made the platform along with two removeable panels so i can have rear seats up or down or either back seat up or down .Any combo. I strap the front down to headrest rods with small nylon lashing straps and the rear I use two nylon lashing straps and put two flush hold down rings to rear stationary portion of my platform.

LunchBoxFab

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
same here. need something not so long, but can go taller.

Dalingrin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
hitboth Utah and AZ.
100% satisfied.
20190814_153614.jpg
Thanks for posting this. I hadn't looked into the MarinAire Fridges yet. They look great for the money.

Sponsored

OP
OP

ProjectJL

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
same here. need something not so long, but can go taller.
I put in the Vector GGB platform and something that fits RIGHT up to that in the lowest position and slides smoothly would be great. Highly recommend the GGB FYI.

I want something that is super rugged on the slider and the fridge.