Sponsored

Forgot to push the engine off button. In Manhattan!

Rufus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2 door JL Sport 3.6 V6
Wow what a dummy, and a lucky dummy.
My wife had a procedure and is in a hospital in NYC. Thank God she’s on the mend.
I go to visit her and was so giddy that I got a parking spot. I park, read the signs while in the Jeep and I guess pushing the off button on the auto air must’ve subconsciously made me think I pushed the engine off button.
Did I mention I’m a dummy?
2 long hour visit I come walking down the street and notice my lights are on. I figured my knee must’ve hit the auto lights dial which I’ve done before. As I approach the drivers door I see through the window “fob has left the vehicle”. I get in engine’s running. What a f**kin jerk.
I at least remember hitting the proximity lock button but I was a window smash away (and thief knowing how to drive stick) from losing my baby.
I’m still pissed at myself.
Where were you parked?
Sponsored

631_Islander

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Unlimited Rubicon with 8 speed and 3.6L Pentastar without eTorque
My wife had a procedure and is in a hospital in NYC. Thank God she’s on the mend.
I go to visit her and was so giddy that I got a parking spot. I park, read the signs while in the Jeep and I guess pushing the off button on the auto air must’ve subconsciously made me think I pushed the engine off button.
2 long hour visit I come walking down the street and notice my lights are on. I figured my knee must’ve hit the auto lights dial which I’ve done before. As I approach the drivers door I see through the window “fob has left the vehicle”. I get in engine’s running. What a f**kin jerk.
I at least remember hitting the proximity lock button but I was a window smash away (and thief knowing how to drive stick) from losing my baby.
Don’t be so hard on yourself given the fact that you were going to see your wife. Stick shifts truly are a Millenial Theft Deterrent! #SaveTheManuals

moniquehun

First Name
Monique
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JL
I've done that also.. but will the car pull off without the key.

Sponsored

Twojayhawks

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sport Altitude
Occupation
business owner
As my dear mother used to say, "someone up there is looking out for you".

TJJL19

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Unlimited Sport
Well if someone wants their face bit off, they can try, to get into my running Jeep!

Sponsored

JSFoster75

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR (Mojito), 2022 JLR (Tuscadero)
Vehicle Showcase

My question is did your Auto Stop/Start malfunctioning light come on? LOL

zrickety

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon 2DR 3.6L 6MT, VW 2.0T
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Technician
The answer here is you need a louder exhaust. The Dynomax muffler delete comes to mind.

jlang

First Name
JDawg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL Punk'D Rubicon
Occupation
Semi-Retired
Whew. I have done this exact same thing a few times. You are not a dummy. Now lucky-yes.

Jeepmarkjl

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Marketing
Glad your wife is ok. Not a dummy at all. More important things to be top of mind.

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
How is this possible on a manual? Wouldn't the engine turn off as soon as you get it into gear? How do you leave a manual running? unless.... do you park.... in neutral!?!?!?!?!?
Sponsored