multicam

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 4Runner, 2019 JLR
Vehicle Showcase
What about workmanship? Should we also have workwomanship?
Quality “workpersonship”

oh wait... person has “son” in it which clearly is a patriarchal microaggression. And microaggression is a microaggression against small people so we really shouldn’t use that hateful term either.

Back to the drawing board...
Sponsored

CTMopar

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 TJ, 20 Cherokee Trail Hawk & 21 JL Willys
My thought exactly. WTF?

The incompetence of Jeep owners is becoming staggering. There was a guy the other day complaining because the dealership wouldn't rotate his 100 lbs. per corner 35" tires and custom wheels for him under the free Jeep Wave benefit.

Maybe I just don't get it because I didn't grow up in this current generation, I don't know. It blows my mind though...
WTF? Is that Wednesday, Thursday, Friday? so many acronyms I can’t keep track anymore.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
When I owned a 2019 Tacoma TRD Off-Road, it was referred to on the forums as a 3RD GEN TRDOR

OMG ROFL LMAO

Badfish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR XR
Occupation
Retired fisherman
Seeing as how FLHR is actually the model designation for said Harley, and most Harley salesmen are also enthusiast it would make sense they would know.

A random salesmen at a dealership that sales more than just Wranglers won't know the various acronyms that were made up on social media platforms, your expectations were way out in left field on that one.
yes; niche brands and enthusiastic salespeople seem to go hand in hand. The big 3...not so much. 'Luxury' makers are better as well IMO. Always got better service at the luxury dealers.

Sponsored

multicam

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 4Runner, 2019 JLR
Vehicle Showcase
Its like this everywhere, not just jeep dealerships.....I wish I had a delorean too go back to 1985 .....I'd stay there
Fun fact: we’re only two years away from being as far from the release of the Bowling for Soup song “1985” as that song itself was from 1985 when it was released in 2004.

Wranglernator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Wrangler (sold); 2021 Sting Gray Rubi Unlimited
Occupation
Evil Overlord
As you can see from my avatar, I've had Jeeps a long time, but I can never remember the arbitrary letter names for them. Stick with "Wrangler" and "Rubicon."

TheGreatCO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Asking for JLURD told me more about what the salesperson knows about wranglers. I didn’t waste my time and they could go back to kicking rocks in the empty parking lot.

Go to any Harley shop and model numbers are the norm. Most Harley salespeople know what a FLHR is. If Jeep salesmen don’t know their model designation of $60k+ vehicle they are trying to sell then they don’t know their product.
I've been driving Jeeps for years and even I had to think about what you were asking for. It is definitely not immediately obvious and something way more common in the forums than any dealer.

RamMan

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sport Dsl. / '16 Ram PW / '14 GC Dsl.
Occupation
Transport / Odd Jobs
Yesterday, I wanted to test drive a diesel wrangler. According to a dealers website there were a couple rubicon’s on the lot so off I went.

Me - I am looking for a JLURD
salesman - So your looking for a right side drive. We don’t have any.
Me - Why would you think I am looking for a right ride drive?
slaesman - ooo, I don’t know
Me- Do you have any diesel rubicon’s?
salesman- no

I decided to call the next dealer by phone before driving across town.

Me- Hi, I would like to talk to a salesman that knows wranglers.
saleswoman- You can talk to a saleswoman, how can I help?
Me- Do you know what a JLURD is?
saleswoman- a URD? What is that?
Me- Are there any diesel wranglers I can test drive?
saleswoman- All wranglers arriving are orders only, no dealer allocations. Lead time is 90 days.

With the slowdown in inventory I am sure dealerships are loosing experienced salesmen that are seeking different jobs to provide an income. When I bought my JKU in 2013 my salesman was a jeeper. He knew gear ratios, axles, and options of all wrangler models. Today, it really helps to do your own research ahead of time.
Yesterday, I wanted to test drive a diesel wrangler. According to a dealers website there were a couple rubicon’s on the lot so off I went.

salesman- no

saleswoman- All wranglers arriving are orders only, no dealer allocations. Lead time is 90 days.

With the slowdown in inventory I am sure dealerships are loosing experienced salesmen that are seeking different jobs to provide an income. When I bought my JKU in 2013 my salesman was a jeeper. He knew gear ratios, axles, and options of all wrangler models. Today, it really helps to do your own research ahead of time.
Don't know which Sin City you live in; there are many. I'd go to Cars.com. Did a sample search within 250 miles of Oklahoma (Sin) City & came up with 32 JLURDs. I love my JLUSD! Sales persons like to call these "entry level" to make you feel cheap. Best of Luck!

Jeepeto

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Sparky
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

did you really ask for a JLURD? Unless you’re on forums that’s not a common phrase. Perhaps 4 door rubicon diesel would be a better start?
🤣 this one comment single handedly accounts for 50% of your reaction score.

I'm impressed

Sponsored

AcesandEights

First Name
Aces
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Rubicon 2D, with extra guacamole
Occupation
I'm often occupied, by many things, often at the same time
I would have thought it was right-hand drive too, but I guess that is JLURDRHD

BTW, just a month or two ago I tried to buy a used right-hand drive XJ, so RHD isn't that uncommon either, or maybe they're both uncommon.

JasonInDLH

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 15 Yukon Denali
Occupation
I’d Rather Talk Jeep’s!

salesman- no

I’ve loved Jeep’s since the 90’s with my first YJ, then had a TJ, and now a JLUR. Before this forum I had no idea that my current Jeep was called a JLUR. I doubt any salesperson would know. Although my salesman knew all about the YJ and he even asked me if I was coming from a JK. He’s probably the exception. 😉

sixspeed

First Name
Gregory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Sport S JL
Unless buying a Rolex, I can see talking reference numbers with the sales associate. But the run of the mill slacker at the dealer, I wouldn’t expect them to know anything past JL and lucky if they know the basic performance specs from the brochure.
I had a service guy, not a salesperson, tell me he had never heard of the “death wobble.” Another had never heard of the service bulletin requiring replacement of bad steering parts. I am looking forward to stories of interaction between salespeople, and Lexus and MB owners who come in to see a $110,000 Wagoneer.

Vrrooom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
I had a service guy, not a salesperson, tell me he had never heard of the “death wobble.” Another had never heard of the service bulletin requiring replacement of bad steering parts. I am looking forward to stories of interaction between salespeople, and Lexus and MB owners who come in to see a $110,000 Wagoneer.
Not sure how a MB or Lexus owner looking for a Wagoneer matters. I think Jeep should be working to provide better service regardless. They have not been cheap products for a while..: These 392 Wranglers are getting up there, a loaded 3.6 Rubicon is around $70k, and same with other products in the group- Ram TRX, Viper, etc.

Overall, the other brands aren’t much better on service. Owning several other brands, I can attest to this.
Sponsored