Florida Roll Call!

JohnnyJLUR

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Granite Crystal, 2013 Mazda MX5 Club
Looks amazing! How did you color it red?
The Roam steps have a plate that bolts to the back of the ROAM cut out...I simply spray painted the backing plates red and bolted the in.

JohnnyJLUR

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Khsonic03

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR

Sponsored

Last Mango

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Unlimited Rubicon
I took a drive on the Old Brick Road today on my way back from Orlando to Jacksonville. If you have not been it is a cool ride. There are about 10 miles of the old Dixie Highway that ran from Chicago to Palm Beach and was built around 1915. It is in Espanola, FL.

https://www.florida-backroads-travel.com/espanola-florida-and-the-old-brick-road.html

Brick Road 1.jpg
Brick Road 2.jpg
Brick Road 3.jpg
Very cool. I am often guilty of taking the fastest route, as opposed to the most interesting. I'll have to hit this old brick road.

PhotoGuy

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tjwallerphotography.com
Vehicle(s)
"Stormie," A Base 2018 Granite Crystal JL Sport 2-door
Occupation
Professional Action Photographer
Here's my video when I was down in the northern Glades a few weeks ago.
Lotsa Jeep fun but didn't see my panther.

OP
OP
TrailTorque

TrailTorque

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Vehicle Showcase
@JohnnyJLUR

Very cool! I’ll have to check it out for sure!

I must say though, I’m very surprised that they didn’t flip your tires so that the white letters are in-board and not showing.

Was that a preference of yours?

JohnnyJLUR

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@JohnnyJLUR

Very cool! I’ll have to check it out for sure!

I must say though, I’m very surprised that they didn’t flip your tires so that the white letters are in-board and not showing.

Was that a preference of yours?
It was my preference. You can order a BSW or OWL tires...call me old school, but I like the raised letter tires.

Sponsored

OP
OP
TrailTorque

TrailTorque

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Vehicle Showcase
It was my preference. You can order a BSW or OWL tires...call me old school, but I like the raised letter tires.
Nothing wrong with it at all just was curious :) old school = good

PhotoGuy

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tjwallerphotography.com
Vehicle(s)
"Stormie," A Base 2018 Granite Crystal JL Sport 2-door
Occupation
Professional Action Photographer
OP
OP
TrailTorque

TrailTorque

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah so I noticed slight vibes after my little off-road adventure.

Come to find out, I looked and apparently the mud sucked my d@mn tire weights off the back rear passenger tire haha

Makes sense because the ruts were super deep on that side.

Only tire missing it’s balance weights so looks like I’ve got to get that tire re-balanced.

GunnersJL

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 JKU Rubi, 2015 JGC Diesel Overand
JohnnyJLUR:

I've not been down to learn all this years trails yet. 10 total I think this year. In previous years you could ride nearly every trail scratch free as long as you didn't venture out of the ruts. We make an effort to clip off any limbs. We don't want to scratch our Jeeps either! You'll be fine.

Update for those of you headed to Jeepin’ with Judd in Bartow next weekend. I spent the day today learning trails, and will all day tomorrow as well. Next week’s trails will easily rival last years, and most likely be even more of a challenge.

Here’s the scoop. 10 trails this year. 1 Scenic (2 wheel drive okay), one stock (beginner 4WD trail), 6 (sort of 6) moderate and two extreme.

I typically guide on the moderate. This year they’ve been expanded, and we’ve decided to combine them, 2 into one. This actually gives you 3 moderate trails, and a ride time of about 1.5 hours. Each is a combination of previous trails and newly blazed trails. Here is my personal description. I haven’t seen the formal description yet.

Gator Run/Ghost Hill: This is mostly open area. A fair amount of articulation, but not crazy bumpy. Some pretty knarly obstacles, but reasonable for most stock vehicles. Non-lifted vehicles with tires smaller than 32” may need an assist in a few spots. This applies to all the moderates.

Pine Run/The Lake: This starts out in what was Cowpen last year, but run backwards. Lots of off-camber and very tight squeezes. Requires you to pay attention, but you should be able to manage it without any scrapes. Should be able to. My JLUR is 3 weeks old today. I lost focus for a moment and zigged when I shouldn’t have and scrapped the right rear fender. No biggie, it is now officially broken in. The Lake, the second half of the ride, is new. It winds it’s way around a number of small ponds for about 3 miles. More off camber, ruts, hills and holes.

Lone Rock: If you’ve attended previously and ridden Bottomlands, this is in the same section. Lots and lots of articulation. Lots. A slow crawl most of the trail.

Everyone here today was learning the trails as a Leader or Gunner. On each of these trails today someone got hung up or stuck in mud. And it is fairly dry. If it rains, all bets are off. It will be great fun without rain. With rain, wow. It will be a blast. There is no deep water, but the nature of the soil at the ranch makes up for that.

I can’t speak to the extreme trails. 33” tires with no lift and a 4 door, I’m pretty sure I’d be a teeter totter most of the day.

Regarding potential scratches. Not really an issue. Anything that might scratch my paint I’m able to straddle or avoid.

See you all next weekend!

9366AC54-E9AB-4E84-BF8F-281E39E7DCD9.jpeg