Sponsored

Florida Roll Call!

Redneck_Jedi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sport S 2 Dr.
Vehicle Showcase
Update for those of you headed to Jeepin’ with Judd in Bartow next weekend. I spent the day today learning trails, and will all day tomorrow as well. Next week’s trails will easily rival last years, and most likely be even more of a challenge.

Here’s the scoop. 10 trails this year. 1 Scenic (2 wheel drive okay), one stock (beginner 4WD trail), 6 (sort of 6) moderate and two extreme.

I typically guide on the moderate. This year they’ve been expanded, and we’ve decided to combine them, 2 into one. This actually gives you 3 moderate trails, and a ride time of about 1.5 hours. Each is a combination of previous trails and newly blazed trails. Here is my personal description. I haven’t seen the formal description yet.

Gator Run/Ghost Hill: This is mostly open area. A fair amount of articulation, but not crazy bumpy. Some pretty knarly obstacles, but reasonable for most stock vehicles. Non-lifted vehicles with tires smaller than 32” may need an assist in a few spots. This applies to all the moderates.

Pine Run/The Lake: This starts out in what was Cowpen last year, but run backwards. Lots of off-camber and very tight squeezes. Requires you to pay attention, but you should be able to manage it without any scrapes. Should be able to. My JLUR is 3 weeks old today. I lost focus for a moment and zigged when I shouldn’t have and scrapped the right rear fender. No biggie, it is now officially broken in. The Lake, the second half of the ride, is new. It winds it’s way around a number of small ponds for about 3 miles. More off camber, ruts, hills and holes.

Lone Rock: If you’ve attended previously and ridden Bottomlands, this is in the same section. Lots and lots of articulation. Lots. A slow crawl most of the trail.

Everyone here today was learning the trails as a Leader or Gunner. On each of these trails today someone got hung up or stuck in mud. And it is fairly dry. If it rains, all bets are off. It will be great fun without rain. With rain, wow. It will be a blast. There is no deep water, but the nature of the soil at the ranch makes up for that.

I can’t speak to the extreme trails. 33” tires with no lift and a 4 door, I’m pretty sure I’d be a teeter totter most of the day.

Regarding potential scratches. Not really an issue. Anything that might scratch my paint I’m able to straddle or avoid.

See you all next weekend!

9366AC54-E9AB-4E84-BF8F-281E39E7DCD9.jpeg
Thanks for posting up a review of some of the trails. First off, thank you for volunteering your time being a guide during the event. I know it's a pretty large commitment. :like: I am still hoping to attend the this year, but I probably won't know until a day or two beforehand. From the website, I do see that fire extinguishers are required for trail rides (good idea), but are CB radios also required?
Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
@MORTON

Hey.... I want to give you an assignment. :clap: I figure you would be the best one to do this...

Anyway, April and Jeep Beach 2019 is approaching fast.

I'm sure many forum member's will be attending the event on one or more of the days of the event.

Along with forum member's actually being at the the raceway, they will be doing the beach, flea market, food places, the loop, etc., etc..

How about you, coming up with some type of very visible marking or whatever you want to call it that forum member's could wear on their left label, on their ball cap, or on their ass for that matter that would stand out and let those wondering past them know, that they too are a forum member, and if they wanted to just out and out say hello to you they could/should and were welcome to..

NO, I am not suggesting a JL Wrangler forum sticker, etc.. No way and No, I don't want to meet at 12n somewhere... I'm not up for either of those...

Would be nice for you to come up with something.

I know I will be wearing one of the JL grill, t's that many of us bought from Bonfire, but I figure not everyone has purchased one of those or want to wear that around the event / around town and beach..

Well..... do you accept the assignment.... :please:

Notasuv

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport
so very visible to those in the know, just a marking to all
others.........hhhhhmmmmm

OP
OP
TrailTorque

TrailTorque

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Vehicle Showcase
Working with @pixeldecals at the moment. I think @pixeldecals has a great idea for a one off small decal that can be placed in the upper left hand or right hand corner of our windshields for identification purposes at Jeep Beach ‘19!

If you want in please let me know!

Sponsored

Mark Elliott

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon
Working with @pixeldecals at the moment. I think @pixeldecals has a great idea for a one off small decal that can be placed in the upper left hand or right hand corner of our windshields for identification purposes at Jeep Beach ‘19!

In

Sponsored

DravenGSX

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLUR, '16 Ram 1500 Longhorn

I want one!

DravenGSX

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLUR, '16 Ram 1500 Longhorn
Update for those of you headed to Jeepin’ with Judd in Bartow next weekend. I spent the day today learning trails, and will all day tomorrow as well. Next week’s trails will easily rival last years, and most likely be even more of a challenge.

Here’s the scoop. 10 trails this year. 1 Scenic (2 wheel drive okay), one stock (beginner 4WD trail), 6 (sort of 6) moderate and two extreme.

I typically guide on the moderate. This year they’ve been expanded, and we’ve decided to combine them, 2 into one. This actually gives you 3 moderate trails, and a ride time of about 1.5 hours. Each is a combination of previous trails and newly blazed trails. Here is my personal description. I haven’t seen the formal description yet.

Gator Run/Ghost Hill: This is mostly open area. A fair amount of articulation, but not crazy bumpy. Some pretty knarly obstacles, but reasonable for most stock vehicles. Non-lifted vehicles with tires smaller than 32” may need an assist in a few spots. This applies to all the moderates.

Pine Run/The Lake: This starts out in what was Cowpen last year, but run backwards. Lots of off-camber and very tight squeezes. Requires you to pay attention, but you should be able to manage it without any scrapes. Should be able to. My JLUR is 3 weeks old today. I lost focus for a moment and zigged when I shouldn’t have and scrapped the right rear fender. No biggie, it is now officially broken in. The Lake, the second half of the ride, is new. It winds it’s way around a number of small ponds for about 3 miles. More off camber, ruts, hills and holes.

Lone Rock: If you’ve attended previously and ridden Bottomlands, this is in the same section. Lots and lots of articulation. Lots. A slow crawl most of the trail.

Everyone here today was learning the trails as a Leader or Gunner. On each of these trails today someone got hung up or stuck in mud. And it is fairly dry. If it rains, all bets are off. It will be great fun without rain. With rain, wow. It will be a blast. There is no deep water, but the nature of the soil at the ranch makes up for that.

I can’t speak to the extreme trails. 33” tires with no lift and a 4 door, I’m pretty sure I’d be a teeter totter most of the day.

Regarding potential scratches. Not really an issue. Anything that might scratch my paint I’m able to straddle or avoid.

See you all next weekend!
Thanks for the preview. I'm super psyched. Will be there all weekend, starting with the Show and Shine Friday night. Then riding the trails on Saturday, and volunteering on Sunday. Sounds like the Pine Run might be a little tricky.

Jeep Wrangler JL Florida Roll Call! {filename}

Jondrew

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon
Trail ride to Citrus, Croom or Ocala this Friday from Orlando. It’s my day off and I want to check out my new winch. Looking for an extra Jeep or two to pull out of the mud.

Let me know

RedJeep78

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Sport 2018
Trail ride to Citrus, Croom or Ocala this Friday from Orlando. It’s my day off and I want to check out my new winch. Looking for an extra Jeep or two to pull out of the mud.

Let me know
Dang I wish didn't have work and could go. I also have a new winch that I need to tried out. If you ever get a Saturday or Sunday off in Ocala though I'm in!

Jondrew

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon
Dang I wish didn't have work and could go. I also have a new winch that I need to tried out. If you ever get a Saturday or Sunday off in Ocala though I'm in!
I’ll let you know. I suppose I could do Saturday or Sunday too. I just had my head set on Friday.
Sponsored