Floor drain issues?

simpleJL

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLUR
When I installed mine, I thought I had the drivers side in well. When I put in the passenger side I noticed a significant difference in the “pop” as I pushed in the spout. I went back to the drivers side to find it was not completely sealed and had to get it installed correctly. I’d say it’s entirely possible to feel like you have them in and there not be a complete seal. It’s hard for me to believe they will leak. The seal seams as tight or tighter than the original plug
Mine don't seal at all. No "pop". nothing.

I have manipulated them in all angles to get them to seat. They won't.

Cut them off already.
Sponsored

JeepU4IA

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Dodge Charger R/T, 2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU
I installed my Mopar mats today. The drain hole on the passenger side did "pop in" as some have described. The driver's side also pops in but does not stay in because the rubber is too rigid. In any event, it's certainly not sealed as well as with the softer tight-fitting rubber drain plug. I would not trust the original design of the mat in a water fording situation but it should be alright in normal driving in light to moderate rain or snow.

ManLovesRobot

First Name
Manus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Jeep Willys
Vehicle Showcase
Mine don't seal at all. No "pop". nothing.

I have manipulated them in all angles to get them to seat. They won't.

Cut them off already.
Mine won't seat in the plug hole either. I took it through a car wash and there were no issues, but I agree these are not a good idea and I will get some weathertech to replace.

Orillian

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLu
If your mats are not properly sealing I'd return them and get replacements. Mine are seated nice and snug and the rubber of the floor mats seals the holes up nice! Soaked myself trying to get water to spray against the hole from underneath and none is getting through with the mats seated and the plugs in places. Might not have hurt that we have had a couple 30 (86+ for the southerners) days this last week here, might have helped them seat better, but they did not seem unset before either!

Maciwt

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler Rubicon
Watch this video for a full explanation.

I have just ordered the Mopar mud mats but intent to cut off the drain hole and leave the original floor plug in place.

Faresalsal

First Name
Fares
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon JL / 2012 Mustang Boss302 / 1998 Cherokee Sport
I have the Mopar all weather mats, and the plug is on top.. never had any issues of water getting in, it's a pain though because before the mats i had the plugs on the floor of the jeep which was easier when cleaning the jeep... now i have to double check that the mats and plug are in the hole correctly every time i clean the inside of the jeep.
Sponsored