Sponsored

Fleximounts ceiling lift

Cpt_Caveman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150
@Myron, @druggist55, or any others who are using this. How secure is this hoist? I have one installed, but it isn’t holding anything as I’m still waiting for my Jeep. However, I just got an email today from Fleximounts telling me I should demount it immediately. The email said that they have found some of the u-bolts aren’t tightened, which could cause it to fall. I did notice during my install that they weren’t all tightened, so I just tightened them myself. So, I think it is probably okay, but I wanted to hear from people who have actually been using it.
This is about 115 pounds sitting on it to test it all. Been about 12 hours. Gearbox is loud, but it’s working fine
Edit: not sure why the picture is flipping upside down…
Jeep Wrangler JL Fleximounts ceiling lift 02640070-4C14-4A0F-8CE7-CECE615D2BCB
Sponsored

actionplus

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
Just an update on my lift.
I had been doing some load testing for weeks. Adding weights and so forth.
One thing to I have to mention is that, while doing this. I decided to add a marker on each of those wires by the wire clamps. That way I know if the wires moved from it's original position.

Well, while the having weights/and whole bunch of other stuffs on there, static test varies from dynamic test.
Remember to move move the unit up and down each time you load it. Because at my last test, which I walked away from and waited for a week to realize it. One end was tilted a few inches more that the other.

Looked at my markers and sure enough, that one side did move during the tests and I did not realize it.
Anyways, upon inspection, I found that the nuts on those clamps were hardly tight. On all of them. WOW. I went ahead and started fixing the one that got lose and tightening up the rest and while doing that, I found 1 nut missing from a diff clamp on the other side.
All fixed now and been sitting on the ceiling with my awnings and other stuff.

Fast forward to yesterday. I received a package which I don't remember ordering.
Opened it up at night and I started laughing. Fleximount somehow tracked me and sent me torque wrench, all new clamps and other parts as they found out than there are issues with the ones which was built at a certain time and have been sending out fix kits for it.

Phew. Glad I have not lifted the hardtop yet.

travis_cooper

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Sahara Altitude
I just got the replacement parts for mine last week as well. I feel a lot better having those installed as well.

I thought that they’d start selling it again, now that they have better hardware to secure it, but I don’t see it for sell on their site yet. Hopefully for those that still want to get this they’ll start providing it again soon.

Now that I’ve actually got my hard top on mine, I’ve noticed that it is a lot louder raising and lowering it. I’m using a drill to do this. That is something I’ll have to continue watching.
Sponsored