Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
Well, I drove the Jeep a couple times with the tazer out and went out this morning and I still get no backup camera just a blue screen. I guess it needs to go in.
As @OldGuyNewJeep advised don’t mention the Tazer at all, hopefully it’s an easy fix.

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
I just don’t understand why when I married the Tazer none of the settings would save.
Please explain what you mean by not saving settings, when you first marry the Tazer it copies the current Jeep config to the device so when you unmarry for say a service visit it’s all back to normal but if it’s not saving the changes you make like say tire size, TMPS settings, ESS etc...then that’s another issue but lots of times when changes are not saved it’s due to not rebooting/restarting the system…

When I ran a Tazer I always did two full cycle reboots and then went back in just to ensure all changes were made and back then with my original two piece it never failed, I currently use JSCAN now and I can visibly see on the app under Trace & Restore what changes were made and I believe Tazer does the same but to be honest I’m not sure where the info is and if it’s a readable file.

jetpuck73

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
Please explain what you mean by not saving settings, when you first marry the Tazer it copies the current Jeep config to the device so when you unmarry for say a service visit it’s all back to normal but if it’s not saving the changes you make like say tire size, TMPS settings, ESS etc...then that’s another issue but lots of times when changes are not saved it’s due to not rebooting/restarting the system…

When I ran a Tazer I always did two full cycle reboots and then went back in just to ensure all changes were made and back then with my original two piece it never failed, I currently use JSCAN now and I can visibly see on the app under Trace & Restore what changes were made and I believe Tazer does the same but to be honest I’m not sure where the info is and if it’s a readable file.
When I Marry and change the tire size, full reboot it doesn’t save. Or when changing TMPS it doesn’t save after full reboot. It has always saved prior to this.

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
When I Marry and change the tire size, full reboot it doesn’t save. Or when changing TMPS it doesn’t save after full reboot. It has always saved prior to this.
If this is the case then it’s likely best the dealer check the system and hopefully they will reflash it back to stock then before putting the Tazer back in contact ZAuto and have them take you thru the process of recovering the device to ensure it all is working correctly unless you are comfortable doing this and don’t do it on a MAC PC as there are or was issues using MAC OSX to update the firmware

Sponsored

jetpuck73

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If this is the case then it’s likely best the dealer check the system and hopefully they will reflash it back to stock then before putting the Tazer back in contact ZAuto and have them take you thru the process of recovering the device to ensure it all is working correctly unless you are comfortable doing this and don’t do it on a MAC PC as there are or was issues using MAC OSX to update the firmware
Thanks, that is what I am going to do. I don’t use a MAC.

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
Camera works again, I talked to Joe and I will remarry and do two sleep cycles and then make changes.
So did the camera start working on its own or require a dealer visit

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
It started working on it's own, I married and did two cycles and everything works. Thanks for the help.
Glad its all working correctly, sometimes it’s best to go back to the beginning and start over….lots of times things work out.

Sponsored

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
@jetpuck73 don‘t let this little glitch make you hesitant to use the Tazer, ZAUTO makes a great product and has excellent support and stands behind what they sell so if all is working well I would do a firmware update to ensure you have the latest and ensure it updates with no issues then go back and try again and just go slow and ensure you do at least a few complete reboots to ensure the changes take effect.

jetpuck73

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@jetpuck73 don‘t let this little glitch make you hesitant to use the Tazer, ZAUTO makes a great product and has excellent support and stands behind what they sell so if all is working well I would do a firmware update to ensure you have the latest and ensure it updates with no issues then go back and try again and just go slow and ensure you do at least a few complete reboots to ensure the changes take effect.
I will still continue to use the Tazer, it has been great. Just user error on my part. Thanks again!!

Overkill

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.camaroheaven.org
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon; 2018 JLU Sahara; 2002 TJ Sport; 2005 GMC 2500HD; 1969 Camaro (blue); 1969 Camaro (red); 1974 Chevrolet Cheyenne K20
Occupation
Information Technology
Vehicle Showcase
I just got mine this past weekend. I flashed it to 11.2.8 and got it installed. When the brake hold feature kicks in at stoplights, is it supposed to ding once and flash the ABS and BRAKE lights on the cluster? Or do I have something else going on?

Gadgettr1

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
college student
Vehicle Showcase
I just got mine this past weekend. I flashed it to 11.2.8 and got it installed. When the brake hold feature kicks in at stoplights, is it supposed to ding once and flash the ABS and BRAKE lights on the cluster? Or do I have something else going on?
Mine does the same if I'm pressing hard on the brake and release. No biggy, a press of the gas and it goes away as I start rolling.

Overkill

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.camaroheaven.org
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon; 2018 JLU Sahara; 2002 TJ Sport; 2005 GMC 2500HD; 1969 Camaro (blue); 1969 Camaro (red); 1974 Chevrolet Cheyenne K20
Occupation
Information Technology
Vehicle Showcase
Mine does the same if I'm pressing hard on the brake and release. No biggy, a press of the gas and it goes away as I start rolling.
Thanks. I just wasn't sure if it was normal since i couldn't find anything in the instructions about it doing that. Just making sure that something wasn't triggering an error.
Sponsored