First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Website
myjlproject.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford F-250, 18’ Toyota 4Runner
Can anyone help explain how the FOB works for those of us that have no buttons? I pulled the battery and it wouldn't start until I pressed the transponder end against the start button (dead FOB battery override), once I put the battery back in it worked as normal. Does the battery power the transponder, or are the transponder backup and the battery/circuit board two separate systems? They looked separate in the AJT video but I couldn't tell.

Its frustrating to have a giant key with no buttons :swear: if there is a way to miniaturize it that would be great.
I agree. It’s stupid that they gave us sport owners a big ass key fob that have no power locks etc. how big are the electronics inside. Someone should downsize them lol.
Sponsored

RubenZ

First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Website
myjlproject.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford F-250, 18’ Toyota 4Runner
Again post a picture of your cell phone and other key Fobs the key fob is not that big. Your cell phone is bigger than the key fob, your wallet is bigger than your key fob. So on that note next complaint.

I like my key Fobs non of them or to large. And yes they do about the same thing except one With the T does so much more and yes it's just as big.
Your missing the point. The Jeep key fob is like that because the idiots just did it like that for design purposes. It has no marvelous functionality that it needs that big of a chassis. A smart phone is a whole different beast. It houses a huge amount of technology in it. A phone, camera, speakers, microphone, hi-res displays, touch screens etc. heck we are now seeing curved glass, flexible glass etc. don’t even compare a smart phone to a key holder with a small rfid chip. Shit they put RFID in stickers for Christ sakes and we have to lug around this brick! This is especially dumb for sport owners who don’t even have power lock buttons on the fob.