DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
What is the current price of an FCA lifetime powertrain warranty?
Sponsored

OP
OP
DanW

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

macintux

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 LJR, 2022 JLR
Too much and doesnt cover enough.
Is there a list of stuff it does cover?

Speaking as someone who has in the last 2 years:
  • Rebuilt my rear diff. Twice. At my expense.
  • Replaced my factory rear locker because it blew up taking out the rear diff, hence the 2nd rebuild in 9 months.
  • Replaced my front axle because I got bad advice when I started hearing a noise from the front diff, and tore it up.
  • Had my manual transmission entirely rebuilt.
  • Replaced the ball joints twice, the second time because my new (used) front axle had bad ones.
  • Replaced my clutch and throw-out bearing, probably because the transmission needed that rebuild.
  • Replaced all 4 wheel bearings.
  • Replaced each front-end steering component, at least once.
  • Replaced every throttle-related sensor, at least once.
...I'm dead sick of fixing stuff and being too broke to actually upgrade anything, and a lifetime warranty, even if it costs too much and covers too little, is very appealing.

JLWF Dealer Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps
Occupation
Jeep Dealer / Singer of Sentimental Ballads
Is there a list of stuff it does cover?

Speaking as someone who has in the last 2 years:
  • Rebuilt my rear diff. Twice. At my expense.
  • Replaced my factory rear locker because it blew up taking out the rear diff, hence the 2nd rebuild in 9 months.
  • Replaced my front axle because I got bad advice when I started hearing a noise from the front diff, and tore it up.
  • Had my manual transmission entirely rebuilt.
  • Replaced the ball joints twice, the second time because my new (used) front axle had bad ones.
  • Replaced my clutch and throw-out bearing, probably because the transmission needed that rebuild.
  • Replaced all 4 wheel bearings.
  • Replaced each front-end steering component, at least once.
  • Replaced every throttle-related sensor, at least once.
...I'm dead sick of fixing stuff and being too broke to actually upgrade anything, and a lifetime warranty, even if it costs too much and covers too little, is very appealing.
It's around somewhere. The Mopar warranties are called a stated warranty. They say they cover x,y,z, and thats it. If it is a smaller component that causes failure, its not covered. find an exclusionary warranty. That will state, it doesn't cover x,y,z. Much more comprehensive.

Sponsored

Covfefe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUSS
2-3k

COVERED COMPONENTS
Extends Powertrain & Basic Component Coverage:

• Engine
  • Air Conditioning
  • Anti-Lock Brakes
  • Suspension
  • Luxury Group
  • Transmission
  • Brakes
  • Engine Cooling
  • Expanded Electrical
  • Instrumentation
  • Driveline
  • Electrical
  • Fuel System
  • Steering
  • Power Group
  • Complete Mechanical Coverage Beyond the Vehicle´s Factory Warranty
  • "IF IT´S MECHANICAL ... IT´S COVERED!"

THE ONLY PARTS AND LABOR NOT COVERED ARE ...
  • Maintenance services and items used in such services
  • Glass, plastic lenses, key fobs
  • Body and paint items, including soft trim
  • Wear items such as manual clutch assembly, brake pads, shoes, rotors, drums and belts are not covered at any time
  • Snow plows, winches and trailer hitches

Last edited:

JDaPP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JKU
You can negotiate the price on these, as well as get them a different dealership. On one of the JK forums there is a dealership you can contact and he will give you a quote for the warranty from what I have seen on the threads that talk about it he seems to usually beat the local price.

jloyva

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sting-Gray Wrangler JL Sport S, Victory Touring Cruiser, Kia Sorento
Occupation
Project Manaager
What is the current price of an FCA lifetime powertrain warranty?
I almost bought a 2017 2 door JK WIllys Wheeler W back in November. I inquired about the lifetime warranty. This is the pricing I got from the dealer:

LIFETIME MAX CARE
$0 DEDUCTION: $5795
$100 DEDUCTION $3965
$200 DEDUCTION $3640

Here's a link to the FCA brocure: https://www.mopar.com/content/dam/mopar/pdf/mvp/2016-12%20MVP_New%20Maximum%20Care%20Web.pdf

Obviously I'll get new pricing when I order my JL and try to negotiate it down, but I'm strongly considering it. I keep my vehicles pretty much forever and this looks like it actually covers quite a bit.

Jeepvkk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Impreza, Audi Q5
So if you install a locker or something would it void the lifetime warranty?

Sponsored

macintux

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 LJR, 2022 JLR
It wouldn't shock me if a dealership blamed your, say, rear differential problems on an aftermarket locker. My factory locker blew up and took my rear diff with it, or at least so claimed the shop that had 9 months earlier rebuilt that same diff.

JDaPP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JKU
They have to prove it was caused by the aftermarket part and it would be limited to the area in question, i.e. they couldn't refuse engine work because of the locker only the differential / axle

uudog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JLU Rubicon
I almost bought a 2017 2 door JK WIllys Wheeler W back in November. I inquired about the lifetime warranty. This is the pricing I got from the dealer:

LIFETIME MAX CARE
$0 DEDUCTION: $5795
$100 DEDUCTION $3965
$200 DEDUCTION $3640

Here's a link to the FCA brocure: https://www.mopar.com/content/dam/mopar/pdf/mvp/2016-12%20MVP_New%20Maximum%20Care%20Web.pdf

Obviously I'll get new pricing when I order my JL and try to negotiate it down, but I'm strongly considering it. I keep my vehicles pretty much forever and this looks like it actually covers quite a bit.

I went in to my local dealership today to look at a JLU they had in the showroom. I spoke to the finance manager to get a rough idea of on how much the Lifetime Max Care was.

He told me:

$0 DEDUCTION: $7000 (approx)
$100 DEDUCTION $5300 (approx)
$200 DEDUCTION - we did not discuss this option...

They were not exact numbers since I was not purchasing today. But it gives you an idea on how much its gone up. He also mentioned that you did not have to do all of the required maintenances through FCA. You could get them done elsewhere.

OP
OP
DanW

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I went in to my local dealership today to look at a JLU they had in the showroom. I spoke to the finance manager to get a rough idea of on how much the Lifetime Max Care was.

He told me:

$0 DEDUCTION: $7000 (approx)
$100 DEDUCTION $5300 (approx)
$200 DEDUCTION - we did not discuss this option...

They were not exact numbers since I was not purchasing today. But it gives you an idea on how much its gone up. He also mentioned that you did not have to do all of the required maintenances through FCA. You could get them done elsewhere.
Wow, for that money, I'll just bank it and take my chances. I'd do a couple thousand, but not much more. If I stuck 7000 bucks in an investment, it would cover a whole bunch of issues over the life of the Jeep.

uudog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JLU Rubicon
Wow, for that money, I'll just bank it and take my chances. I'd do a couple thousand, but not much more. If I stuck 7000 bucks in an investment, it would cover a whole bunch of issues over the life of the Jeep.
For the $100 deductible one, I am curious to see how low I can negotiate to from $5300.

They also had a 100K (I think) maintenance plan for $1400. Not sure what it all included besides the major maintenance intervals.
Sponsored