Sponsored

2018 JL with 3rd Party "Lifetime Powertrain Warranty"

EDH_JL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport
Vehicle Showcase
I am really close to buying a stripped down (new) 2018 JL 2 door. It's a white V6, options are auto transmission, A/C, anti-spin differential, and tow package with aux switches. That's it, so manual doors/windows, base radio, base soft top, etc.

Price seems good at 21% off MSRP and includes a non-transferable "lifetime powertrain warranty" through a company called "Warranty for Life, LLC". Is this warranty going to be worth the paper it's printed on? The dealer is about 1.5 hours from my house, so I would probably only go there for major work under this warranty (or seek to use a closer location per the below provision). Anyone heard of or have experience with these warranties, not much online about this specific vendor...

HOW TO OBTAIN COVERED REPAIRS
If your vehicle is within forty (40) miles of the Selling Dealer, you must deliver your vehicle to the Selling Dealer at the address where you purchased the vehicle. If your vehicle is more than forty (40) miles from the Selling Dealer, call Warranty for Life, LLC for instructions before you deliver your vehicle to a repair facility.Authorization for Covered Repairs must be obtained from the Selling Dealer's Administrator, Warranty for Life, LLC, to teardown or repair. Call the toll free number listed below.
1-888-601-6278
ADMINISTERED BY

WARRANTY FOR LIFE, LLC
11801 I-10 SERVICE ROAD
NEW ORLEANS, LA 70128
Sponsored

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
I would go with one of the FCA backed Mopar Extended Warranties if you want a extended warranty. There are a couple of dealers that sell for a pretty good discount. Just search for them on this forum.

You don't need to commit right away. You can wait and buy the Mopar Warranty. You have until 48mo/48K to buy but it makes more sense to buy before your 36mo/36K bumper-to-bumper expires so there is no gap in coverage for the non-drivetrain stuff.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
Just found the contact info for a guy who sells the Mopar Warranties at a discount. There are a couple of more. Just search and you should find them.

Tom Winkels
Finance Manager
Hayes Jeep
3718 Stadium Drive
Kalamazoo, Mi 49008
TEL-269.488.2080
FAX-269.488.2086

OP
OP
EDH_JL

EDH_JL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport
Vehicle Showcase
I know about the discount factory warranty, I did something similar for my F150. I'm specifically looking for info on or experience with 3rd party since it's included in the price.
Sponsored