Sponsored

Dealerships with 100,000 mile/lifetime warranty

rtk513

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT, 2021 Sahara 4xE
Please list any Jeep dealerships that offer a 100,000 mile or lifetime warranty.

This is definitely a trend I am seeing with other dealerships. If I were to purchase a brand new Mustang from my local Ford dealership, they will back the powertrain for life. It's a great deal
Sponsored

OMTBiker

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 80th Snazzberry
Occupation
Information Technology
Vehicle Showcase
Look at the terms and conditions of the warranty, most state that you have to use the selling dealership for all services. If you decide to get a service done elsewhere, for example an oil change, you have to call the warranty company and get pre-authorization before you have the work done.

With a factory extended warranty you at least have the option to take it other places for maintenance, etc.

My .02

OP
OP

rtk513

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Look at the terms and conditions of the warranty, most state that you have to use the selling dealership for all services. If you decide to get a service done elsewhere, for example an oil change, you have to call the warranty company and get pre-authorization before you have the work done.

With a factory extended warranty you at least have the option to take it other places for maintenance, etc.

My .02
Yep, that absolutely makes sense and that is a condition I'm willing to accept. I've dealt with Ford ESP and honestly they don't cover everything, especially at the powertrain level. I am very familiar with Jeep reliability, if I'm going to pay $55,000 for a 1st gen Hybrid I'm going to need them to back it up.

Fonzilla85

First Name
Fonz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon Unlimited
Occupation
Lawman
I’m interested to see what warranty options will be offered with the 4xe. I know lifetime warranty is gone and won’t be returning, last I heard they are trying to buy people like me who have the lifetime warranty out of our contracts.

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
I purchased from DeMontrind in Conroe, TX and the Warranty Forever is included. Service has to be performed in a timely manner and at a shop not DIY, but it doesn’t have to be a dealership. Basically you have to pay for regular oil changes at least every 10K miles and scan them the invoice.

https://www.naenwan.com/auto-warranty-forever

Sponsored

SmilesPerGallon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU Sport, 2021 JLU Sport
I got a 7 year/100k warranty from the dealer with my jeep. I don't have to have all maintenance done at a dealer but if I do an oil change myself I have to notify them and provide receipts. They also gave me 10 oil changes because they messed up when I took my jeep in for warranty work so I have 13 total with the jeep wave so I might as well just take it to them.

OP
OP

rtk513

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Having to prove you changed your own oil is such ratchet. The burden of proof falls on Jeep. They can easily analyze oil to determine if it caused the issue.

Thunderjet

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 F350
I read that everything listed in the maintenance schedule had to be preformed. This could easily eat up any warranty savings.
The other issue is I seriously doubt any claim would be honored when it was needed. They would quote reasons such as:

the original warranty company went out of business
the dealership has changed ownership
even though you wrote in the book you had X service performed we dont believe you

I could go on and on....................but the bottom line is if it sounds to good to be true then it is.

You could rant and rave all you want at the dealers but if they refuse your only course of action is to hire an attorney and they arent cheap. Small claims court might be an option but then again the burden of proof is on the owner to prove the maintenance was done.

OP
OP

rtk513

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I read that everything listed in the maintenance schedule had to be preformed. This could easily eat up any warranty savings.
The other issue is I seriously doubt any claim would be honored when it was needed. They would quote reasons such as:

the original warranty company went out of business
the dealership has changed ownership
even though you wrote in the book you had X service performed we dont believe you

I could go on and on....................but the bottom line is if it sounds to good to be true then it is.

You could rant and rave all you want at the dealers but if they refuse your only course of action is to hire an attorney and they arent cheap. Small claims court might be an option but then again the burden of proof is on the owner to prove the maintenance was done.
Nope, per warranty terms the burden is on Jeep to prove how the damage was caused. I've been down this road many years with Mustangs. You are right, it all comes down to hiring a lawyer. The dealership and manufacturer will try to give you the run around until you do so. Good dealerships won't bother arguing - for example they know damn well a cold air intake or oil separator did not cause you to throw a rod on a stock tune, but they'll sure as hell try to tell you it did the first time you take it in because most people don't know any better.

dgoodhue

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 80th JLU
A new car I bought had a free lifetime drivetrains warranty with the condition that the owner performs all the service at that dealership. They gave you a service booklet to had follow and fully complete to qualify. The maintenance schedule in the booklet was more extensive than the factory service schedule, so you would be changing driveline fluid more often and getting add ons like fuel injection cleaning service. You were paying for the warranty through the added service cost.

Sponsored

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
I purchased from DeMontrind in Conroe, TX and the Warranty Forever is included. Service has to be performed in a timely manner and at a shop not DIY, but it doesn’t have to be a dealership. Basically you have to pay for regular oil changes at least every 10K miles and scan them the invoice.

https://www.naenwan.com/auto-warranty-forever
Remember when I said this? Well yesterday I got my oil changed at a dealership like I was supposed to according to the terms. I uploaded the invoice. And my “Warranty Forever” got voided because even though it was at a CJDR dealership, it wasn’t the selling dealership and I didn’t get a preauthorization. Even though I had gotten one prior and been told I didn’t have to get a preauthorization each time if I used the same dealership. That was a lie. Seems like a BS excuse to get out of having to potentially pay any claims. On the first service after my factory bumper to bumper expires. Coincidence?

gerlbaum

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangle Sport Diesel
I got a 7 year/100k warranty from the dealer with my jeep. I don't have to have all maintenance done at a dealer but if I do an oil change myself I have to notify them and provide receipts. They also gave me 10 oil changes because they messed up when I took my jeep in for warranty work so I have 13 total with the jeep wave so I might as well just take it to them.
Same with me. That being said a warranty purchaser does have some rights and if your transmission blows up and they can’t say it’s because you didn’t get your oil changed with us. They would also have a hard time voiding it because you got the xx miles service done at jiffy lube vs the dealer.

four low

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
"Hire a lawyer", that is expensive, probably more than any repairs, plus the time for all the legalese to play out.
Read the fine print BEFORE you sign on the dotted line..
The factory Mopar warranty would be the best " bet", especially if you don't use it, you get your money back.
And, it's transferable.

xeon

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
Thought I might throw my two cents in. I have 2018 JLUR. Have roughly 58,000 miles on it so far and I although I initially thought purchasing the lifetime warranty option was a mistake I have since realized the importance of any extended warranty you can get your hands on with a JEEP..unless of course, I had deep pockets with unlimited funds.....which I don't.

My JLUR has the Mopar 2" lift. Following the lift the body shifted so far to one side JEEP paid to have adjustable trackbars front and rear put in. All was fine until about 2022. In which the darn thing has been in the shop more than it has been on the road. Mostly sitting because of lack of parts.

First time - battery, aux battery, new radio, new dash cluster, new fuse box, .... the list goes on and on ...this visit would have cost well over $10K but all was covered under the warranty as they were tracking down a parasitic battery drain.

Shortly after this visit I was hit with death wobble and radio issues again the warranty saved my ass, track bar, drag link, steering stabilizer, new steering box, radio, USB controller...ugh. $5K of stuff.

I am not sure I could have afforded to keep this thing without out the warranty.
Sponsored