Sponsored

Faulty floor drain plugs.

Beachcomber

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Sport
How many here have wet floorboards? Did you know the floor plugs actually don’t seal properly? Does anyone know if the JK plugs will work instead? I’m tired of crap going wrong on this vehicle.
Sponsored

DaltonGang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S, Rubicon Suspension, Tires, and Rims. Firecracker Red
Hmm, mine seals fine. I drove through water, almost up to my door handles, for several minutes.. Not a drop of water in the Jeep.

Jebiruph

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2019 KL, 2020 JT
How many here have wet floorboards? Did you know the floor plugs actually don’t seal properly? Does anyone know if the JK plugs will work instead? I’m tired of crap going wrong on this vehicle.
Are you using the Mopar floor mats with the built-in drain? They are known to not seal properly.

Biohazard

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR (sold May 2020); now own 2020 trd pro Tacoma
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Agree with the user error issue. My floor drai s let water in while fording 2-3 ft of water...when the plugs were out :)

Sponsored

OP
OP
Beachcomber

Beachcomber

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Sport
No I’m not using the mopar all weather mats. I’m specifically referring to the factory drain plugs not sealing. I’m sitting here looking at them under the vehicle as we speak. They do not seal!!

OP
OP
Beachcomber

Beachcomber

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Sport
What is with you people ? Get a boat ! Kayak, canoe ....something !;)
I’m a first responder that lives in a coastal community. Jeep doesn’t need to be advertising being able to safely take on 30 inches of water if the damn vehicle is just going to leak.

DKAwildcat

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara, 2008 Chrysler Crossfire Roadster, & 2015 Acura RDX
Vehicle Showcase
My JLU Sahara came with factory floor mats that wouldn’t seal properly so I purchased a second set of plugs (one set for the floor pan and one set for the mats), which seems to have taken care of the problem. I believe the JK and JL plugs are the same.

Sponsored

Jabarsetti

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Occupation
Ret. USAF
Vehicle Showcase
I have the Mopar floor mats as well they won't seat properly so what I did was just make sure that the pugs are seated well and just put the floor mats on top of them. but I haven't had issues with water getting in the cab. I ran Medano Pass with about 6 water crossings, nothing crazy deep but no water came in.

Reactions: apb

apb

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting Gray JLR; 2019 Bikini Sahara JLU (wife's)
Vehicle Showcase
I have the Mopar floor mats as well they won't seat properly so what I did was just make sure that the pugs are seated well and just put the floor mats on top of them. but I haven't had issues with water getting in the cab. I ran Medano Pass with about 6 water crossings, nothing crazy deep but no water came in.
I've done the same thing and seems to be working well. I realize we shouldn't have to do this, but it was the best option for me if I'm taking the floor mats out regularly and didn't want to use additional sealing methods.

Jebiruph

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2019 KL, 2020 JT
No I’m not using the mopar all weather mats. I’m specifically referring to the factory drain plugs not sealing. I’m sitting here looking at them under the vehicle as we speak. They do not seal!!
My drain plugs (factory and Quadratec) seem to seal thight. This is the first I've heard of the factory drain plugs not sealing, I wonder if they changed them. Can you get a picture that shows the problem?

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Not busting your balls here at all....just thinking out loud:

When a company claims fording depths, are we sure they're not saying no permanent damage to the engine will result from that depth?

We all know that when you submerge a hot differential, water is often pulled in through the seals due in part to the temperature change and you'll likely need to change diff fluid after deep water crossings.

I'm playing devil's advocate here on the drain holes in the floor....while it sux to have water (especially salt water) get into the cab and under the carpets where it will likely cause a corrosion problem, I'm not sure FCA's 30" fording depth is referring to anything more than the vehicle being able to drive in water 30" deep and emerge out the other side.
Exactly this. They never said water won't get inside when fording water, they said you won't destroy things.

OP
OP
Beachcomber

Beachcomber

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Sport
In my 2016 Rubicon hard rock I drove through flood waters of Harvey for hours and hours at depths of 3.5 feet+ in some areas. Now it was on a 3 inch lift with 35s but not one time during all those hours of daily floods did I get a drop of water inside other than rain when I opens doors to exit the vehicle. But with this new crap box if it sprinkles and splashes up on bottom of vehicle water is coming in. It’s pathetic to spend $40,000 on a vehicle and have that happen amongst all the other issues.
Sponsored

Last edited: