DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
It is a mechanical thing, and things can break or have defects. If you have a good dealership, they'll be able to fix or replace both the seat and transmission and get you back on the road. I had the entire engine replaced on my Ford Transit (VERY big job) and the transmission replaced on my JK. Both now run/perform like new, many thousands of miles later. I had a Chevy Silverado that had a complex transmission repair at about 20,000 miles. I sold it to a friend and 300,000 miles later, it has had no further issues.

JeepCares will help you out. They've been very helpful to me on very minor issues, so I'm sure they can help move things along with the bigger ones. Keep us posted. Hopefully you'll have it back on the road and you can get the joy you deserve from it.
Sponsored

The Acme Company

First Name
jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
I don’t know if this is current, but here are 2 Zone offices to call. I’d also ask the dealer to set up a meeting with the zone rep. If you have this vehicle financed, I would also ask the lender for assistance. In my last dispute with Ford after my Truck went through 2 engines Ford Motor credit helped me get the issue resolved. You have to push:

Dallas Zone Office
Customer Relations Manager
Chrysler Corporation
2205 Belt Line Road (zip 75006)
P.O. Box 110162
Carrollton, TX 76011-0162
(214) 418-4600

Houston Zone Office
Customer Relations Manager
Chrysler Corporation
363 North Sam Houston Parkway East
Suite 590
Houston, TX 77060-2405
(713) 591-3402

LiHotShots

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport
So my wife's new Wrangler (4 months old) wouldn't go into gear and had to have it towed. At first they said it needed a new tranny, but now they said it's fixed and it was a faulty "back up battery". The service dept. at the dealer, Brown's 112 in Medford NY, is a nightmare to deal with. Wondering if anyone else is/was having the same issue with the tranny? I know of one woman in our town who's loaner Wrangler was stuck on train tracks due to what she claimed was a faulty tranny. She was able to get out, but the car didn't fair so well.

2019-06-14 Mastic_Train_Vs_Car-Lambui-2.jpg

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
I wouldn't focus so much of my stress on the broken seat. It happened to my 2018 JL and to my 2019 JL, there's a little plastic piece in the bottom rails that break very easily, it is a design flaw but it isn't "mechanical" so it won't lemon a jeep.

The fact that your transmission was broken for first day is scary so keep an eye on that one. But hey it could just be a bad transmission, gets replaced, and everything else is good.

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
Caroline, best of luck to you, sad way to start but hopefully things will tilt in your favor and you can have many great years w/ your JL!

Sponsored

wcjeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
YJ with stuff. JL 2dr Sport
Did this get fixed yet? Check your states Lemon Law. Every state is different and some have horrible consumer protection. Did you buy from your home state? Buying out of state can save money but eliminate consumer protection. Are you logging every one you talked too? Date, time, length of call, subject matter. Never yell at the dealer (rep). Does your state have a 30 day trigger in the Lemon Law? Have you asked for dealer management? Area Representative? Every step counts toward a Lemon Law if available in your state. How many days was the vehicle in the shop? Always let the dealer hold onto the vehicle. Letting a broke rig sit at your residence hurts the consumer, helps the company.

nlicalsi91

First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU Sahara, 2005 Land Cruiser, 2008 4Runner Limited V6
I got a brand new Ford F-150 in December, it sat in my driveway for 24 hours before going back to the dealership at Hassett Ford on Long Island due to a water leak in the cab and timing chain rattle on start up. It spent 54 days in the shop until it was bought back under NY State Lemon Law.

Unfortunately, the second you take delivery of a vehicle you have to give the dealership 3-4 chances to fix the problem or a total of 30 days. After that you can pursue your states lemon law. It is one of the worst feelings to buy a brand new vehicle and have it be a lemon, then sit there while its in the shop while you still make payments. Best of luck to you!

Strommen95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GMC Canyon
Yes but it’s a brand new car and I’m paying for a brand new car. My concern if they do try to fix the transmission is that what else will go wrong? It’s 2 weeks old and has a faulty transmission and the seat broke. How do I know nothing else will break or that it’s even safe to drive?
I'm sorry you're going through this. Unfortunately it's a risk we all take when buying a new car.. It's why I'm hesitant to buy new when I have a good vehicle already. I almost kept my JKU over the JLU simply because it was bulletproof. The overwhelming majority of vehicles out there are just fine, but there is lemons/bad vehicles out of the bunch and unfortunately somebody has to get them. I can't imagine how awful it must be to buy a new Jeep, be excited as hell and quickly lose that because it's a POS. Buying a new car is a great feeling and shouldn't be ruined.

I wouldn't worry about the seat. The transmission was defective, they'll replace it under warranty and you're going to be back in that brand new Jeep of yours. If you have anything serious happen again under warranty, I would bite the bullet and buy a new Jeep/other vehicle personally. In my experience a car with multiple serious warranty issues will have issues for it's whole life.
Sponsored