Kristy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 bikini blue Rubicon
Occupation
Athletic trainer & Massage therapist
Vehicle Showcase
In person, does it look bad that it’s not completely flat across the back? The middle panel looked raised up compared to the wings...or is it just the angle of the photo?
Sponsored

richsteele

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 OB JLR
Ok. I really need a locked trunk since I never ride around with my windows installed. So I’m purchasing one for my 2 door today since people are saying it’s easy to install. I also really need one that can lay flat when I don’t need it and this is the only one out there :fingerscrossed:

When EZTrunk lays flat, do you know if the seat has to be folded up on a 2 door?

Redskinfan72

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Teacher
Vehicle Showcase
Ok. I really need a locked trunk since I never ride around with my windows installed. So I’m purchasing one for my 2 door today since people are saying it’s easy to install. I also really need one that can lay flat when I don’t need it and this is the only one out there :fingerscrossed:
You have to do it....Super easy install...I do like mine. Will come in handy when I get the Hard top off in the Spring

Sponsored

Jennalee

First Name
Jennalee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 White 2 door Willys V6 Automatic
You have to do it....Super easy install...I do like mine. Will come in handy when I get the Hard top off in the Spring
I am really excited to install it! Really encouraged by people here saying it’s easy. Been desperately needing one and this one is exactly what I need. I’ll update everyone once installed. My Jeep is still at the dealer waiting for new steering gear so it’ll be a while, hopefully I’ll get it back next week.

G13

First Name
Shundo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6
I received 4door version this morning, and installed it in 30 minutes. It’s not hard at all, but it is heavy (very well made). There is a door to access from behind the back seat, but it didn’t come with lock system. I looked everywhere on their site before ordering, but couldn’t find it. I guess I will have to contact them since it would be very useful. The window is already there, by the way.

Looking at 4door one, it folds towards to front and the top lays on the vertical wall and goes to the floor. Unless there is a different mechanism, 2door one folds the same, and rear seats have to be folded to fold EZ Trunk flat on the floor. Maybe there is a way somehow to hold the folded EZ Trunk on the back wall of the seats, standing against them?

spascarella

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUS 2.0L
Occupation
IT
I just installed mine. Very easy install. The only issue I had was that there's a plate that needed to be installed under the hardtop (step #12). I didn't feel like taking the HT off for this install so I left it as is for now.

Step #11 shows the electrical harness/washer fluid hose being replaced by the EZTrunk spacer block.

IMG_1944.jpg

IMG_1945.jpg

IMG_1946.jpg

IMG_1947.jpg

Capture.JPG
How do the wing blocks attach to the JL? My 4 door doesn't look like that. i have everything else attached and the top off.

Steve

FrostQ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
How do the wing blocks attach to the JL? My 4 door doesn't look like that. i have everything else attached and the top off.

Steve
What does yours look like?
The wings are folded out and is just resting in the gap. i don't have the small brackets that's supposed to be installed under the hardtop yet tho.

Sponsored

RMS114300

First Name
ROBIN
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JKU
It looks like 2dr trunk only covers the area behind the back seats. I don't think this is meant to be a full tonneau like the slipstream type cover. It's more like a "folding box" that occupies just the rear portion of the cargo area.
Yes, It is a folding box and only covers the rear cargo area, depending on the type of Jeep you have.

RMS114300

First Name
ROBIN
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JKU
Not in my 2019. Electronics are all dead without a FOB nearby whether it's the locks, windows or homelink. I'm confused on why the lock would need to be disabled since the EZtrunk doesn't tie into anything.
That does not apply to all Jeep. You can reach in and unlock the trunk if the jeep top is off. Disabling is only for those who don't have proximity locks. The trunk does not tie into anything but the rear hatch door needs to be locked to complete the trunk.

RMS114300

First Name
ROBIN
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JKU
So, I've got doors on (windows down) and hard-top off my 2020 Sahara right now, and - without the keyfob - the power locks only lock, they don't unlock.

But what I really want to see is the installation manual for the EZ-Trunk and get an idea how compatible it is with the Trail Rail Management System in the floor. I use the TRMS for a bicycle mount, tie-downs, and the telescopic railing. I'm sure I can modify the EZ-Trunk if need be, but I'm curious to see exactly how this is installed.
Here is a video manual for the JKU. I hope this will help. https://eztrunk.net/video-manuals
We will be producing Video manuals for all EZTRUNK installs.
Sponsored