EZTrunk looks interesting

Jennalee

First Name
Jennalee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 White 2 door Willys V6 Automatic
So it’s for the rear seat folded forward or just for the tiny space with the rear seat locked in place?
Not sure, there isn’t much on their website. They say they will have products available in spring. I was assuming from the video that the locked storage only covers the tiny space when the back seats are locked in place since that’s how it is in the video.
Sponsored

Rufus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2 door JL Sport 3.6 V6
Not sure, there isn’t much on their website. They say they will have products available in spring. I was assuming from the video that the locked storage only covers the tiny space when the back seats are locked in place since that’s how it is in the video.
Yeah but that’s a 4 door in the video. I was going to email them but the contact link on their website only lets you sign up for their mailing list it would seem.

RagTopDeluxe

First Name
Julie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n Recon
This looks very interesting. I’ve been looking at the Slipstream, but this is an intriguing option. I would love to hear availability date and price.

Sponsored

M1kefries

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Waiting patiently to see how this develops. It’s easy to have an idea, knock up a prototype, and build a web page. Taking that to production is a whole other ball game unless you’ve already got a manufacturing process in place. I hope it doesn’t die on the vine because it is exactly what I’m looking for. Time will tell.....

Jeepney Johnny

First Name
Rico!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
Looks like the website was updated recently...but still no pricing, no ordering info.

Interestingly, you can look up the patent numbers they now share on the website. If you visit
http://patft.uspto.gov/netahtml/PTO/search-bool.html ,
then plug in 10259394 OR 10315580 ,
you can see documents with drawings of the gizmo.
Click on the left pane, Full Document: Full Pages so see the 15-to-17 pages long patents.

Kinda interesting...I though for the JLU, it would just simply re-use the bolts for the OEM D-ring tie-downs, but it looks like they aim to replace the center cargo floor panel? Looks more complicated than I thought it would be - and more expensive.

For the 2-door JL, it looks like it attaches to the rear seats? Again, seems more complicated than just attaching with the D-ring tie-downs, IMHO.

I guess with a patent on this, it also covers a solution for the Ford Bronco, whatever that will look like.

Man, I'm really looking forward to seeing this, I hope things go well for them.

Sponsored

Hudson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLR
Vehicle Showcase
This is looking really good, hope they left enough room to clear a Outback trailgator or similar rear hinge gate table.

Rufus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2 door JL Sport 3.6 V6
Looks like the website was updated recently...but still no pricing, no ordering info.

Interestingly, you can look up the patent numbers they now share on the website. If you visit
http://patft.uspto.gov/netahtml/PTO/search-bool.html ,
then plug in 10259394 OR 10315580 ,
you can see documents with drawings of the gizmo.
Click on the left pane, Full Document: Full Pages so see the 15-to-17 pages long patents.

Kinda interesting...I though for the JLU, it would just simply re-use the bolts for the OEM D-ring tie-downs, but it looks like they aim to replace the center cargo floor panel? Looks more complicated than I thought it would be - and more expensive.

For the 2-door JL, it looks like it attaches to the rear seats? Again, seems more complicated than just attaching with the D-ring tie-downs, IMHO.

I guess with a patent on this, it also covers a solution for the Ford Bronco, whatever that will look like.

Man, I'm really looking forward to seeing this, I hope things go well for them.
I’m not sure about the value of the 2 door version if it only covers the tiny area between the rear seat and the tailgate. For that you could just use a tailgate lockbox. I was really hoping that the 2 door version is meant for when the rear seat is removed. I couldn’t find any clarification on their website.

ConqSoft

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL 2 Door Rubicon 6 Speed
Occupation
Systems Analyst
Vehicle Showcase
There are already several options available for the 2 door with the seat removed. Really hoping this guy, or someone else, will show some love to us 2-door-seat-in guys.

Last edited:

desync0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2dr Sport in Mojito!
Vehicle Showcase
There are already several options available for the 2 door with the seat removed. Really hoping this guy, for someone else, will show some love to us 2-door-seat-in guys.
Ya I want something so I can throw my work backpack in the back when I run into the grocery store omw home and not have to worry about someone slicing my soft top window to steal a back pack my clipboard, pens, and empty lunch bag lol
Sponsored