Extended Warranty

homebrew

First Name
paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Wrangler JL Rubicon
I got the extended powertrain warranty on mine. The way mine works is if I don't use it they refund it. I have a hard time keeping any car more than 2 years, as hard as they tried talking me into a lease I just couldn't do it. but just incase I got the warranty lol
Sponsored

Greg H

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited JL Rubicon
Very few people ever have enough claims to even break even on the extended warranties. Occasionally some unlucky person will get a lemon and come out ahead. But if a small percentage did the warranty company would go under. When you consider the dealer mark up, the warranty companies overhead and profit. Very little of the average warranty they sell actually goes to paying claims. They look at the repair history of all the makes and models to determine what they will likely have in claims for each model and price the warranty accordingly. So you are much better off putting the money you would have spent on the warranty into savings and using it to pay for repairs. You'll come out way ahead in the long run.

cosmokenney

First Name
Cosmo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR (2-door)
I always pass on these warranties and just add Mechanical coverage through my insurance, Geico..
My premium for the coverage is $19 every 6 months = $38 a year = $3.17 a month...
Thanks for posting this! I'm also with Geico and will be adding this coverage now that I know about it.

Rcash609

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Unlimited Sport
I just got done speaking with Tom Winkles and I went with the 7 year unlimited miles with $100 deductible and he got it for me for 2450. I applied for a MasterCard and was approved and I have 6 billing cycles at no interest to pay for the warranty which I plan to do each paycheck. The main reason I went with unlimited miles is Iā€™ve had my JLU sport since March of 18 and I have 28,600 miles on it as of today. Itā€™s my only vehicle and I drive the wheels off of it. I plan on driving out west with my son in a year or two to see the west coast and as many miles as i have put on it already I would be well over 100,000 by the 7 year mark. So to me it was just a little extra piece of mind. I would recommend anyone thinking of purchasing a warranty go with Tom at [email protected] Considering when I called Chrysler the guy on the phone quoted me over 3500 dollars for the 7 year 100,000 mile warranty.

four low

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Does the Warranty fine print cover ESS, batteries, all those separate systems?
Emissions 8 yr 80,000 miles is meant to, so how much is that $2450 actually going to cover ?
I'm thinking of getting it, for peace of mind, but need to review it thoroughly

Sponsored

Rcash609

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Unlimited Sport
Does the Warranty fine print cover ESS, batteries, all those separate systems?
Emissions 8 yr 80,000 miles is meant to, so how much is that $2450 actually going to cover ?
I'm thinking of getting it, for peace of mind, but need to review it thoroughly
You could call Tom and inquire about what all it covers. This is what he sent me Hi Robert,
Thanks for your interest in our factory backed, Mopar extended service contracts. You have many options to choose from Mopar Vehicle Protectionā€¦.

Coverage Levels
POWERTRAIN CARE extends powertrain coverage:
ā€¢ Engineā€ƒā€¢ Transmissionā€ƒā€¢ Driveline

POWERTRAIN CARE PLUS extends powertrain & basic component coverage:
ā€¢ Engineā€ƒā€¢ Transmissionā€ƒā€¢ Driveline
ā€¢ Steeringā€ƒā€¢ Air Conditioning

ADDED CARE PLUS covers all the above, plus:
ā€¢ Anti-Lock Brakesā€ƒā€¢ Instrumentation
ā€¢ Rear Suspensionā€ƒā€¢ Luxury Groupā€ƒā€¢ Expanded Electrical

MAXIMUM CARE-
COMPLETE MECHANICAL COMPONENT COVERAGE BEYOND THE VEHICLE'S FACTORY WARRANTY ā€œIF ITā€™S MECHANICAL ... ITā€™S COVERED!ā€

FYI-All contracts purchased prior to your vehicle being past 4 years from original ā€˜in service dateā€™ or 48,000 start at original ā€˜in service dateā€™ and zero miles, mechanical coverage begins when your factory warranty ends, contracts run parallel with your factory warranties. The plans ancillary benefits like towing, trip interruption, key fob replacement, and car rental start immediately with plan purchase.

There are 5,6,7, and 8-year periods available, (All starting at 'in
service' date), and mileage designations ending at 60, 75, 85, 100, 125,000K miles with zero, $100 and $200 deductibles. (5,6 or 7-year unlimited miles and $100 or $200 deductibles [Hellcat/SRT N/A]) Let me know which coverage level plan, deductible, time and mileage version you are interested in and I will produce your quote with your price from me. Let me know if you have any questions, thanks!

Tom Winkels
Finance Manager
Hayes Jeep
3718 Stadium Drive
Kalamazoo, Mi 49008
TEL-269.488.2080
FAX-269.488.2086

four low

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Thanks, I really like this JL, so keeping it past the factory warranty is a strong possibility, especially considering how much more mandated federal add-ons are going to drive up price and complexity for 2020. Plus the Renault Merger...

TaiMc

First Name
Tai
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport Mojito!, 3.6L & '18 Ninja 400 KRT
Occupation
Communications Manager
Vehicle Showcase
...I wound up getting a 70k 6 year warranty for around $3k and it came with all the scheduled service up to 70k miles....
I purchased the ADDED CARE PLUS extended lifetime warranty, unlimited mileage for around $3,500.

Rcash609

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Unlimited Sport
I purchased the ADDED CARE PLUS extended lifetime warranty, unlimited mileage for around $3,500.
Did you get that before they stopped doing the lifetime warranty? I wish Iā€™d got the lifetime warranty before they stopped selling them I honestly thought it was some scam emails just like the phone calls I always get about your card extended warranty and just never paid much attention to them. I wish I had now. But Iā€™m pretty satisfied with what I was able to get. What all does the added care plus entail does that cover maintenance as well? Heres what I donā€™t understand say you bring your vehicle in for scheduled maintenance right. You have to pay for them to do the inspection but if they find something wrong and the vehicle is under warranty then the warranty should cover what ever needs fixed and labor as well minus your deductible if you have one right?

TaiMc

First Name
Tai
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Communications Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Did you get that before they stopped doing the lifetime warranty? I wish Iā€™d got the lifetime warranty before they stopped selling them I honestly thought it was some scam emails just like the phone calls I always get about your card extended warranty and just never paid much attention to them. I wish I had now. But Iā€™m pretty satisfied with what I was able to get. What all does the added care plus entail does that cover maintenance as well? Heres what I donā€™t understand say you bring your vehicle in for scheduled maintenance right. You have to pay for them to do the inspection but if they find something wrong and the vehicle is under warranty then the warranty should cover what ever needs fixed and labor as well minus your deductible if you have one right?
Here is the flyer for the New Added Care Plus: https://www.mopar.com/content/dam/mopar/pdf/mvp/2017-02 MVP_ New Added Care Plus.pdf

Yes, I got the warranty before they stopped doing the lifetime warranty, as I bought it in July once my Jeep was delivered to the lot (I ordered it in June). I actually was not aware that they stopped the lifetime warranty. That really sucks.

0wWeG0M.png

MT8xPM6.png

Here's what's covered under mine, (I attached the PDF that I pulled from my UConnect online account)

Hope this helps!

Attachments

Sponsored

TaiMc

First Name
Tai
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Communications Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Heres what I donā€™t understand say you bring your vehicle in for scheduled maintenance right. You have to pay for them to do the inspection but if they find something wrong and the vehicle is under warranty then the warranty should cover what ever needs fixed and labor as well minus your deductible if you have one right?
I've brought my Jeep in twice for the same issue (temperature gauge sensor was faulty, but I received a software update first that seemed to "fix" the problem for 2k miles).

Both times, I have not had to pay for anything, and I leave with my Jeep washed and waxed. No diagnostic fees...I'm currently under the stock factory warranty. My extended doesn't kick in until my factory expires.

However, under the extended warranty (after factory warranty expires), it does state that $100 deductible is required when work is done on the vehicle. I've been fortunate to actually have my Jeep in a "faulty state" when I arrived at the dealership, as the problem was evident. They can easily run a diagnostic on your jeep..it's a plug-in device.

mshallop

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Sport JL
New Jeep owner and I'm getting several mails and emails about the extended warranty... I'm opting to pass on them because (a) cost and (b) dealership.

I live in Dallas Metroplex and my dealer is about 30-minutes out. I've never, as a rule, taken my vehicle into a dealership for maintenance simple because I've been able to locate better mechanics and lower prices elsewhere. (Emphatically true in the Harley world!) I understand that some people want the parachute of an extended warranty and that's ok. But with today's vehicles (oil changes every 20,000 miles, spark plugs changes every 100K still blows my child-of-the-70's mind!) getting a few more oil changes and tire rotations doesn't seem to be worth the $3K you could be spending elsewhere. Just my opinion...

Questions I do have are these:

How far do these extended warranties, and the Geico mecha insurance, cover you for off-roading incidents? (My assumption is, of course: zero.) Last run I was on, I watched a Jeep strip the teeth off a drive shaft b/c no locker. Would any of this coverage cover the cost of the new axle? Is there an off-roading insurance option?

Apologies if these questions have been answered elsewhere or are otherwise buried... I'm still browsing contemp posts....lol... so much info...!

Thanks for listening!

--mike

sprayingmango

First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Moab
Occupation
Teacher
I always pass on these warranties and just add Mechanical coverage through my insurance, Geico..

For me, adding the coverage costs $36 a year and it extends me to 7 years / 100,000 miles whichever comes 1st. There is only one option for deductible which is $250

https://www.geico.com/auto-insurance/mechanical-breakdown-insurance/

From my policy:

My premium for the coverage is $19 every 6 months = $38 a year = $3.17 a month...
Thank you for this!! I have Geico and this just saved me a ton of cash. The MBI from Geico is far superior to any Mopar vehicle warranty. I just got off the phone with the Geico agent and it's a no brainer.

Ctaylor1432

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler MOAB
Thank you for this!! I have Geico and this just saved me a ton of cash. The MBI from Geico is far superior to any Mopar vehicle warranty. I just got off the phone with the Geico agent and it's a no brainer.
I must have waited to long 4 months and 4000 miles and Geico wants $69 every 6 months.

cabs21

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee 17
I just purchased my extended warranty from Tom Winkles. I heard so much about him from this website and kept seeing great reviews. I paid 3.5k for 125k/8 Years Max Care for my Grand Cherokee, the premium has definitely gone up over the last couple of years. It was the lowest I could find online. Highly recommend Tom, great service and very helpful on which plan to choose.
Sponsored