Expected Vendor Lead Times *RANT*

Punjabi New Yorker

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mahindra Thar (in India) - 2.5L Diesel, 4x4, 5 spd Manual ; 2020 JLU Rubicon (in USA) - 3.6 Gas with 8 Speed Automatic
Occupation
Family business in India and USA (dual citizen of both)
just for the record, are done ripping on that kid who has been trying to get a JL for the last three years but keeps on criticizing the JL? he said he was going to buy in 2021. Wonder where he went as we haven't heard from him for a while? Maybe gone to kick a dog or something to take his frustrations out?
Sponsored

JimLee

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU
just for the record, are done ripping on that kid who has been trying to get a JL for the last three years but keeps on criticizing the JL? he said he was going to buy in 2021. Wonder where he went as we haven't heard from him for a while? Maybe gone to kick a dog or something to take his frustrations out?
This guy?

Jeep Wrangler JL Expected Vendor Lead Times *RANT* 92844898_2489111904644665_918912530766626816_n-8

Last edited:

dpike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLUR 3.6
by the time i got here this thread changed topic 12 times.
i was prepared to continue a rant how much i hate to hear "its a covid thing" added to the end of a new arbitrary thing. now i'm googling real estate in Prescott.

JimLee

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU
by the time i got here this thread changed topic 12 times.
i was prepared to continue a rant how much i hate to hear "its a covid thing" added to the end of a new arbitrary thing. now i'm googling real estate in Prescott.
You will fit right in, welcome!

Punjabi New Yorker

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mahindra Thar (in India) - 2.5L Diesel, 4x4, 5 spd Manual ; 2020 JLU Rubicon (in USA) - 3.6 Gas with 8 Speed Automatic
Occupation
Prescott is probably my favorite town in AZ.....has seasons. Traffic can be a bear, but it's at least got all the major things you'd expect in a much larger city.
Sean:
I noticed you live in AZ. What do you think is a good town in AZ that fits my needs below. So far only Chandler comes to my mind:

1. Very long/hot summers with brief winters when the night time record low is in the 30s. low to mid 60s as highs in the winter. Average Winter lows are in the mid to upper 40s.

2. Politically in the center or leans to the right. Even leans to the left is liveable for me. Just no far right or far left.

3. Decent Indian population where Indian Grocery Stores and Restaurants are aplenty.

4. four or five bedroom house that costs in the $400 to $500k range. I go lower than that then I get concerned with schools. If I go higher then difficult to afford.

5. Preferably a little country in nature but not required.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Cleoncini

Cleoncini

First Name
Conner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Please don’t move to Utah. Don’t believe what you hear, it’s not amazing, it’s not a gorgeous state. Stay the hell away, don’t ruin us here haha.

OP
OP
Cleoncini

Cleoncini

First Name
Conner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon
Build Thread
Link

Punjabi New Yorker

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Low to mid 60's as the high is RARE throughout the valley (Phoenix and suburbs, including Chandler). We usually are in the 70's...still gorgeous though.

This state is becoming more blue over time....mostly from all the Californians moving here. We're still right leaning....but less so than even 5 years ago.

No idea on the Indian population...not sure which/what suburbs might be a good fit in terms of that.

Prices on housing have gone through the roof here in the valley since the mass exodus from CA. Prices are going up, but you should be able to find a 4 bed for $500K in most areas. Keep in mind $510K is the threshold for jumbo loans. You can even get an acreage for that price with a shop if you are willing to live on the edges of the valley....but that fits #5. Chandler, Gilbert and Queen Creek are all good choices for that. Gilbert has excellent schools (lots of private ones too) and is a bit country (lots of equestrian properties and such), QC, even more so.
I can live on the edges of the valley no problem and may even like it as I am originally from Rural North India and still have family living in the sticks back in India. Kind of want to go have the same country life style here in the US but with a similar climate as North India. I was basically raised on a farm in North India where my grandmother would milk the cows every day and my uncles killed our own chickens for food while my Grandfather would grow and cut fresh vegetables for the table. Truly want to go back to that lifestyle as the city life is just too busy and too chaotic in both the US and India for rural folks like me. My rural upbringing is also the reason why I lean a little to the right in terms of politics.

Try eating tasty fresh meat or freshly churned butter from raw milk. You will never want to go back to the processed stuff we get these days in cities across America and India.

Sponsored

OminousSkitter

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Sport
Occupation
Software & Coastal Engineer
I could restock a Bass Pro Shops, don't worry we'll get along fine.
Right now restocking means about 10 boxes of assorted caliber (200 rds) every other week? Not even a case. Can't wait for the primer shortage to be over.

JimLee

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU
Right now restocking means about 10 boxes of assorted caliber (200 rds) every other week? Not even a case. Can't wait for the primer shortage to be over.
Back to it's former glory. I reload some, mostly for PRS type stuff, primers have always been the weak link availability wise so I stock up pretty good on those during the good times.

JimLee

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU
Sorry OP, I helped derail this thread in a big way. I think the majority agree that it's ok to be human and give other humans a little break every now and then. It doesn't mean you are weak or abused, it just means you are cognizant of the shit that is reality in 2020. I'm about to order a new RTT, not some Chinese mass produced item, and I probably won't see it until next year, i'm ok with that.

OminousSkitter

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Sport
Occupation
Software & Coastal Engineer
I have a USA-made RTT that's been delayed for a few months now. I will be lucky if I see it this year. Maybe December. But, I'm willing to wait for quality, and the guys have been great at keeping me informed and working with me.

nostatic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JL Sport S PDN, '18 R1200GS Rallye
Occupation
chief bottle washer
I bought a bunch of bulk many years back (when it was legal to ship to CA) then got too slammed with other stuff to make it to the range. I have a new (to me) 590 and an M&P 15 Sport that I haven't even shot yet, picked them up before the move - shame on me. Have to see if local ranges have opened back up.

My wife still prefers the Mini-14 Ranch...

Sorry OP, I helped derail this thread in a big way. I think the majority agree that it's ok to be human and give other humans a little break every now and then. It doesn't mean you are weak or abused, it just means you are cognizant of the shit that is reality in 2020. I'm about to order a new RTT, not some Chinese mass produced item, and I probably won't see it until next year, i'm ok with that.
One positive story - I ordered a Norco bottle jack beginning of this week and it showed up today. Thumbs up to JMC Automotive and a not-made-in-China jack. And my Blue Ridge tool bag is starting production. So it's a good week...
Sponsored