Jorge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sahara (Granite)
Occupation
BCBA
Vehicle Showcase
Does anyone get a static sound, almost as if there was a short-circuit when the ESS kicks in to shut down the engine? This only happens when I have my speakers on and mostly when I am playing music through USB-C. I haven't tried regular USB yet, but have noticed it sometimes also when playing the radio. My guess it has something to do with the wiring and of course that sound is only transmitted through the speakers audio.
Sponsored

FatBoy01

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Wrangler Sahara; 2001 Harley FatBoy; 2018 Wrangler Rubicon JL (Ordered)
Occupation
Retired @ 55
Does anyone get a static sound, almost as if there was a short-circuit when the ESS kicks in to shut down the engine? This only happens when I have my speakers on and mostly when I am playing music through USB-C. I haven't tried regular USB yet, but have noticed it sometimes also when playing the radio. My guess it has something to do with the wiring and of course that sound is only transmitted through the speakers audio.
I read a forum post a week or so ago with the guy saying he has this issue also..

OP
OP
jlroman2

jlroman2

First Name
Jorge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sahara (Granite)
Occupation
BCBA
Vehicle Showcase

CashMonkey

First Name
Rolo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grey 2009 Honda Accord EX-L Sedan 5SPDMT Black 2012 Nissan Altima 2.5SL Sedan 6SPDAT
Vehicle Showcase
Maybe the sound of power disconnecting and reconnecting to keep your radio o while ESS is on? Maybe check connections like harnesses and speaker inputs, maybe have your dealer check factory amp and wires. My friend's trailhawk doesn't do that, yours shouldn't.

Sponsored

kwat73

First Name
kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Jeep Trackhawk
You need to do a hard reset of the radio (hold the volume and tune know simultaneously for about 30 seconds until the radio resets)

joliett

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon
static when ess starting jeep automatically at traffic light. It sounds like an electronic screech for a second and I think it's coming from rear speakers.

joliett

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon
Reset the radio by depressing the radio power button for 12 sec. Then release, and the radio will reset itself. Completely cleared up the ess static pop.
😎
Sponsored