No sound from speakers

finding away

First Name
Nadine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara
Just happened to me first time. OTA update installed a couple days ago. Sound just sputtered, I saw a message on screen that said “Buffering...” then silence. No am, FM, SXM, Spotify, Siri... No sound at all. I pulled the fuse (not blown) and reinserted. Nothing. I did the soft reset as per @JeepCares. Nothing. Anyone have any other suggestions?
Sponsored

Last edited:

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Good afternoon,

I'm sorry that you're experiencing similar concerns as the ones you're reading about in this thread! I kindly recommend taking your vehicle to your nearest dealer to get this properly addressed. I'd be happy to offer our additional support throughout the repair process if needed. Feel free to follow back up once you have an appointment scheduled if you'd like me to look into this for you.

Courtney
Jeep Cares

finding away

First Name
Nadine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara

merfiblue18

First Name
Rachel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLR
Occupation
lab rat
Adding my own experience to the thread. This morning I opened the passenger door to put my washed floormat back in (spilled leftover mexican food when I hit some bumps going home) and left it open as I was gathering things for work. Then let the dog out. Then made coffee for the road. So about 15 more minutes went by. Loaded up, closed the door and started Jeep up to leave. No audio. Nothing through xm, carplay, bluetooth etc. Turned off, turned on = nada. Read all the things of how to reset but had to wait until I got to work to try. Volume + Tune reset didn't do anything nor did the phone buttons. I was already late... so just let it sit for a couple hours. Went back out and bam - I have sound once again.

I think having had the door open that long did something to the Uconnect brain. Like it 'timed out'? Anyways, if you guys have the 'no audio' issue and have had a door open or something else 'on' that wakes up the jeep but you don't do anything more for awhile, that might be the initial cause. Walk away and come back and hopefully all is well after an hour or so has passed.

mayoJames

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
weird discovery ive made with this problem. switch the source using the button on the back of the wheel, not the on screen. much higher success rate at fixing problem
Sponsored