Speakers Static / Scratchy Noise - All Sources

hellige

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL
Hi, I'm sorry to hear this. Please let me know if you plan on visiting a dealership for this concern. I would be happy to open a case for you.

Alison
JeepCares
I went to the dealership and their answer was to replace the entire alpine system. Had that done and I have not had issues since although I have not been in the exact same conditions yet.

Advertisement

JeepCares

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Wondering if anyone figured out this problem yet? All speakers sound like muffled static. The same if it’s on the radio, xm, usb, or playing from a phone. Just randomly started while driving. 3 years and no problems and coincidentally uconnect updated itself last week.
Have you visited the dealer yet for this? If so, send us a private message and we can dig into your concerns further.

Kate
Jeep Cares

Driggs

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
I went to the dealership and their answer was to replace the entire alpine system. Had that done and I have not had issues since although I have not been in the exact same conditions yet.
That’s
Have you visited the dealer yet for this? If so, send us a private message and we can dig into your concerns further.

Kate
Jeep Cares
No. Im past the warranty and Jeep dealer service centers are close to worthless with their incompetence. Like others said, it managed to fix itself after sitting for many hours. But still curious what’s causing this issue in case it repeats itself or gets worse.

Splashimage

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL
Just happened to me this morning in my 2020 JL. Very frustrating, but thanks to this thread I waited an hour and it resolved itself. Like others I want to know why.

DCloss

First Name
Dave
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 80th Sarge Green
Add me to the list! Same as another poster above... driving my kids to school this morning, XM audio sounded normal until my daughter asked me to change the channel... staticky audio that sounds overdriven/distorted on all channels and sources since then. I tried restarting the vehicle twice to no avail. Fiddled with the fader, equalizer and speed-compensated volume controls... still no improvement.

2021 JLU 80th barely a month old.

For what it's worth, the audio itself sounds full frequency: treble/highs all the way down to the sub. This would point more towards a software issue from a signal processor rather than a physical issue i.e. a loose fuse. My vehicle is so new I'm picking up my plates tomorrow so if it's still happening then I suppose I'll already be at the dealer.

Advertisement

Tazer JL - Z Automotive

Advertisement