Sponsored

Speakers Static / Scratchy Noise - All Sources

hellige

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL
Hi, I'm sorry to hear this. Please let me know if you plan on visiting a dealership for this concern. I would be happy to open a case for you.

Alison
JeepCares
I went to the dealership and their answer was to replace the entire alpine system. Had that done and I have not had issues since although I have not been in the exact same conditions yet.
Sponsored

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Wondering if anyone figured out this problem yet? All speakers sound like muffled static. The same if itā€™s on the radio, xm, usb, or playing from a phone. Just randomly started while driving. 3 years and no problems and coincidentally uconnect updated itself last week.
Have you visited the dealer yet for this? If so, send us a private message and we can dig into your concerns further.

Kate
Jeep Cares

Driggs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
I went to the dealership and their answer was to replace the entire alpine system. Had that done and I have not had issues since although I have not been in the exact same conditions yet.
Thatā€™s
Have you visited the dealer yet for this? If so, send us a private message and we can dig into your concerns further.

Kate
Jeep Cares
No. Im past the warranty and Jeep dealer service centers are close to worthless with their incompetence. Like others said, it managed to fix itself after sitting for many hours. But still curious whatā€™s causing this issue in case it repeats itself or gets worse.

Splashimage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL
Just happened to me this morning in my 2020 JL. Very frustrating, but thanks to this thread I waited an hour and it resolved itself. Like others I want to know why.

Sponsored

DCloss

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 80th Sarge Green
Add me to the list! Same as another poster above... driving my kids to school this morning, XM audio sounded normal until my daughter asked me to change the channel... staticky audio that sounds overdriven/distorted on all channels and sources since then. I tried restarting the vehicle twice to no avail. Fiddled with the fader, equalizer and speed-compensated volume controls... still no improvement.

2021 JLU 80th barely a month old.

For what it's worth, the audio itself sounds full frequency: treble/highs all the way down to the sub. This would point more towards a software issue from a signal processor rather than a physical issue i.e. a loose fuse. My vehicle is so new I'm picking up my plates tomorrow so if it's still happening then I suppose I'll already be at the dealer.

GhostJeeper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Sahara
Literally just drove off the lot this afternoon with a 2021 JL Sahara and right about when we hit 100 miles on the Jeep (only had 15 when we got it) the alpines went scratchy on every source. We are calling the dealership tomorrow, hoping it is an easy fix,

jgdiablo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 4xe - Turbo Blue
Literally just drove off the lot this afternoon with a 2021 JL Sahara and right about when we hit 100 miles on the Jeep (only had 15 when we got it) the alpines went scratchy on every source. We are calling the dealership tomorrow, hoping it is an easy fix,
Maybe this TSB will address: Map Title 08-017-21 (nhtsa.gov)

kwat73

First Name
kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Jeep Trackhawk
I just had my first oil change on a new Trackhawk and when I picked it up every audio source had horrific static. My local service guy is phenomenal and after about 15 minutes decided to try a hard reset ( press the volume and tune knows Simultaneously and hold until the radio resets). That cleared up all issues. Hope this helps.

Sponsored

Jlb1177

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
I just had my first oil change on a new Trackhawk and when I picked it up every audio source had horrific static. My local service guy is phenomenal and after about 15 minutes decided to try a hard reset ( press the volume and tune knows Simultaneously and hold until the radio resets). That cleared up all issues. Hope this helps.
This worked for me too

JeepJohnE

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee
@JeepCares you can add me to the list. Radio suddenly went static on us. Power cycle didnā€™t help. Frustrating for sure.

JayLu

First Name
Jess
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara turbo, 2018 Grand Cherokee
Just happened to me when I tried to adjust the volume.

2021 4ex Sahara

Hadriel

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JLURXR
Just had this happen to me. Hard reset fixed it. Hard reset was
- turn radio off
- hold volume and tune buttons for minimum ten seconds
- radio will display Jeep logo it will disappear. Then it will come on again. Problem solved.

side note - itā€™s kind oflame to have to do that but saved me a trip to the dealer.
Sponsored