Keno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Willy's - 3.0L EcoDiesel
Occupation
Municipal Community Services Supervisor
Vehicle Showcase
I too now have the dreaded ETC issue. I'm taking it in tomorrow. What a joke, I haven't even had this rig for a year and it was at the dealership for a month for the steering issue and now this.
Jeep Wrangler JL Electronic Throttle Control System Malfunction: Towed JLUR A6F92984-A494-44BF-A7A3-A46C97061989
Sponsored

samorris960

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon EcoDiesel
I too now have the dreaded ETC issue. I'm taking it in tomorrow. What a joke, I haven't even had this rig for a year and it was at the dealership for a month for the steering issue and now this.
Jeep Wrangler JL Electronic Throttle Control System Malfunction: Towed JLUR A6F92984-A494-44BF-A7A3-A46C97061989
Did you get this fixed? What was the issue? I have mine at the dealer right now for the same issue. They don’t have a real answer but are suggesting I pay for a Mopar tune to calibrate the tire size to help correct and clear the computer, which doesn’t sound right.

ALAVETTE

First Name
Aimee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Rubicon
Did you get this fixed? What was the issue? I have mine at the dealer right now for the same issue. They don’t have a real answer but are suggesting I pay for a Mopar tune to calibrate the tire size to help correct and clear the computer, which doesn’t sound right.
Hi there, did you guys ever get this resolved?
Im at approx 10k miles and same issue. Electronic Throttle Control flashing back and forth with the speedometer, check engine, and engine stuttering. We tried to reset it by removing power from battery and restarting it. It idled just fine for about 15 minutes but as soon as I got back on the road again, lost power. Now its been towed to the dealer and they are so backed up they arent even sure when they will get to it.

samorris960

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hi there, did you guys ever get this resolved?
Im at approx 10k miles and same issue. Electronic Throttle Control flashing back and forth with the speedometer, check engine, and engine stuttering. We tried to reset it by removing power from battery and restarting it. It idled just fine for about 15 minutes but as soon as I got back on the road again, lost power. Now its been towed to the dealer and they are so backed up they arent even sure when they will get to it.
No resolution from the dealer on my end. Basically cleared codes and kept running. Still ongoing problem and expect to be back at the dealer soon.

ALAVETTE

First Name
Aimee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Rubicon
No resolution from the dealer on my end. Basically cleared codes and kept running. Still ongoing problem and expect to be back at the dealer soon.
I heard from the dealer last night, they said that there was a piece of foam packaging material left on mine during the build. It mustve finally caused the failure. They were shocked and are sending pictures to Jeep. They will clean it up and clear codes today, Im hoping thats the end of my issues. I hope you are able to get your figured out as well.

Sponsored

Elf

First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLU Rubicon
I know this is old, but I'm experiencing this same problem with my 2021 JLURD. Where was this " foam packing material"? Was it a shorted wire?

samorris960

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Are you using a Tazer? If so, try removing and clearing the codes to see if it comes on with out it?

Elf

First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLU Rubicon
Nope, not running a Tazer. Thanks for the help though.
Sponsored