Electronic Stability Control

DianeV

First Name
Diane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep willys
So we have owned our first Jeep for a year now and have had it in the shop 4 times for the same issue. The service electronic stability control light continues to come on. Which will get worse to the point that the check engine light has come on. As I said it has been to the deanship multiple times and they have reportedly tracked wires and replaced/repaired a worn spot h=againt something and tried a new module. It has been at the shop for a total of 17 working days and call me silly, but I don't believe it has been worked on all 17 days. So here we are nearing the end of the 36,000 mile warranty and still not fixed. So today's drama continues with another call to the dealership (they NEVER call us) to listen to the same run around and the tech doesn't know what it is for sure and he isn't sure he is going to get paid (why is this our worry?) to your service advisor is out. To well there may be a 200 dollar service charge for a jeep that is under it's original 36000 mile warranty. We were also told that well it was at a different dealership (yes a Jeep dealership). So now it isn't their responsibility. Now I am not an auto mechanic and I don't pretend to be, but I would say it is the same issue since I have a code reader that keeps coming up with the same code each time the warning light comes back on. So, long story short it seems Cross Jeep doesn't know how to fix this car and certainly have no sense of urgency in resolving the issue. Does anyone out there have experience with the same issue that I can convey to them to assist in the repair?
Sponsored

wolfdog

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Yamaha FJR1300, 2021 JTO, 2018 JLU Sahara
Occupation
Maritime Artisan, Mayflower II
See if Jeep Care on this site can help?

I do believe if you've had this in for same repairs not cured it still should be fixed under warranty. That however might be a tough case! Someone above is right that it seems enough repairs for a lemon law if your state has that? Not sure what lemon law mileage terms are though?

Good Luck!

Go Jeep!!!

ArcherMikeGB

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara Unlimited
Diane,
I have had my 2018 JL in with the local dealership on exact same issue for last 8 days, first they could not replicate the issue of the warning lights plus engine check light spurious coming on and control of the vehicle acceleration not under driver control. Went straight back in leaving engine running to show the issue, diagnosed as needing new 'sensor' which is in fact the accelerator pedal with an electrical plug attached this took 7 days to arrive. Fitted new part garage stated all fixed and included a test drive. Drove 10 feet from garage and same issue was still there. its back in the dealership for another round of investivation. So not yet foundthe cause of the issue. Have you got your similar issue resolved?

Maverick909

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sporticon, 1976 GMC K15 Lifted on 35's
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Electrician/ Industrial Furnace MFG
Clubs

i would have this escalated with @JeepCares this is on its way to being a lemon law or buy back from jeep. i believe its 30 days or 4 times for the same problem without a resolution

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP

DianeV

First Name
Diane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep willys
Diane,
I have had my 2018 JL in with the local dealership on exact same issue for last 8 days, first they could not replicate the issue of the warning lights plus engine check light spurious coming on and control of the vehicle acceleration not under driver control. Went straight back in leaving engine running to show the issue, diagnosed as needing new 'sensor' which is in fact the accelerator pedal with an electrical plug attached this took 7 days to arrive. Fitted new part garage stated all fixed and included a test drive. Drove 10 feet from garage and same issue was still there. its back in the dealership for another round of investivation. So not yet foundthe cause of the issue. Have you got your similar issue resolved?
No, still not repaired correctly. They replaced 2 wires to the module reset the codes and test drive it. We took it home, hooked it upon the rv and left town. We drove it around for a day and while driving the light came back on. We contacted the dealership again and advised them of the issue since we are pushing the 36000 warranty. We are still out of town and will take it back again.

Bill_P

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2023 JLUWSXR
Occupation
Can't tell you..shhh
OP
OP

DianeV

First Name
Diane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep willys
We use the ready brute elite system so it’s a manual braking system and diodes to tail lights. In ky we can’t use the lemon law because we bought it used, even though it only had 15,000 miles.

Rico1111

First Name
Rico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon 2 door JL
OP ...have had this happen along with service auto stop start and like another poster after shut down it goes out the next time it is started. happens on a frequent basis sometimes just pulling out of driveway? Dealership said exactly the same thing ...can't be replicated? I had read that it could be a bad wheel speed sensor causing the issue but have not taken it back to the dealership. Last time I did exactly what another poster did and left vehicle running when pulled in and had service tech see it. Of course after they shut it down it disappeared! Long story short. If anyone gets this resolved I'd love it if you could post the fix. I'm done leaving the Jeep at dealership resulting in no fix!!!!

Sponsored

OP
OP

DianeV

First Name
Diane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep willys
Has anyone had the computer replaced because of this issue? Just wondering since it can’t be predictably repeated.

21Rubi

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 2 door, 3.6 Auto, 315's, 2.5 MC Lift
Occupation
Retired
What's the down side to driving the Jeep with this service electronic stability control warning light on?

Bob Burd

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.snwburd.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
More likely its a canbus noise issue. There's a flakey contact or worn insulation causing irratic open or short.
Sponsored