Bu3askoor

First Name
Saeed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JLU
Hello all

Disabling traction and stability control is almost a must for desert driving. I understand that pressing on the traction control will disable it and if you press longer on the traction control will also disable the stability control.

My observations were:

1. When driving over a certain speed, I think 40 or 50 mph, the stability control will be enabled back on until you lower your speed. So I guess my question is how to fully disable it regardless of speed in 4 hi

2. I have noticed that even when attempting to climb a big dune in 4 lo, the control kicks in ( i feel it and heart it) despite that everywhere I read that in 4 lo all traction and stability controls are off by default. Any thoughts?

Let me know please
Sponsored

mer43

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'98 ZJ 5.9, '18 JLU
Vehicle Showcase
The second part, you shift into the manual side and they don't mess with you. Just don't forget to shift and 1st is at the top. :)

Torero

First Name
J. Diego
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon, FJ Cruiser, BMW Z3, F650,GL63 AMG, STI
Hello all

Disabling traction and stability control is almost a must for desert driving. I understand that pressing on the traction control will disable it and if you press longer on the traction control will also disable the stability control.

My observations were:

1. When driving over a certain speed, I think 40 or 50 mph, the stability control will be enabled back on until you lower your speed. So I guess my question is how to fully disable it regardless of speed in 4 hi

2. I have noticed that even when attempting to climb a big dune in 4 lo, the control kicks in ( i feel it and heart it) despite that everywhere I read that in 4 lo all traction and stability controls are off by default. Any thoughts?

Let me know please
About #2, your feeling is correct. The second part is wrong. I don’t know where you read that because my reading is that in 4L the system is still partially working just as if you had pushed the button in 4H. So to speak when you shift to 4L the button is pushed for you. Nothing else.

OP
OP

Bu3askoor

First Name
Saeed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JLU
In 4 hi it seems to completely shut off when I long press.

I'll take a look at the fuse box and see if I can identify the right side.

Uhdinator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport HT 2.0T Auto, 2003 TJ Rubicon HT
Vehicle Showcase
One touch in 4 Hi shuts off the limiting of wheel spin vs actual speed but brake lock differential is still on so each axle will act similar to a having locking differentials keeping both wheels on each axle going but not limiting how fast they are going. Useful when needing to maintain momentum in sand or deep snow.

In 4 lo the wheel spin speed vs actual speed limiting is always off but still have brake lock differential.

I wouldn't think you would want the BLD off in sand. You wanna keep both wheels on each axle going.

https://blog.fcanorthamerica.com/2008/02/11/jeep-brake-traction-control-explained/

Sponsored

OP
OP

Bu3askoor

First Name
Saeed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JLU
In desert driving, you do not want any control on wheel spin. The moment bld, TC or esc kicks in you loose all momentum and get stuck in the sand.

The off road community here have been installing a separate switch to disconnect the TC fusen some the jk was first introduced.