Sponsored

ESC + TC - Electronic Stability control & Traction Control

Zulu Alpha

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche GT3, Porsche Macan, Toyota FJ40
Hello All,

This is my first post, and I must say that this is quite a fantastic forum from the people in it to the general ease and beauty the interface of this forum.

I tried to use the search function on this forum but haven't found anything on this subject.

Now to the subject...

I have been doing some reading on the ESC & TC of the JK. Looks like it doesn't fully disable unless you preform something called the "Wheel Dance," (keeps ABS on) and that seems like quite a process. I have been wondering, would the JL most likely be the JK? Or would they change it to where there would be a 1sec press to deactivate TC but keep ESC on, and a 5 sec press to disable everything (even in 2H, 4H, and 4L above 40mph)... that would be I deal. Now as I understand, some have been pulling the fuse but that would disable the ABS as well. It would be best to have the ABS active but not the ESC & TC.

I have attached a photo of the different Stability programs of the JK for reference.

If anyone is interested to know how to perform the 'wheel dance' here it is:

Procedure To Turn ON (or OFF) The Permanent ESP Disable Feature:

a. Verify that the automatic transmission selector is in the “Park” position, and that a manual transmission is in neutral gear.
b. Shift the transfer case into the 4H range position and ensure parking brakeis firmly set.
c. Turn the steering wheel until it is centred and the wheels are pointed straight ahead.
d. Turn ignition on (and optionally start engine to make turning the wheel easier – will work with or without enginerunning) and wait approximately five (5) seconds for the system bulb check to complete.
e. Turn the steering wheel one-half (½) turn to the right (clockwise).
f. Press and hold the “ESP OFF” button for 7 seconds exactly then release and wait for chime.
g. Turn the steering wheel back to centre, then continue turning the steering wheelone-half (½) turn to the left (counter clockwise).
h. Press and hold the “ESP OFF” button for 7 seconds exactly, release and wait for chime.
i. Turn the steering wheel back to centre.
j. Press and hold the “ESP OFF” button for 7 seconds, release and wait for chime.
k. Cycle the ignition switch to the “OFF” position.

IMG_4661.JPG
Sponsored

Sensamacchina

First Name
Flavio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Hi Zulu Alpha,

Thanks for sharing the wheel dance procedure for JK.
During this long period of time, do you or maybe someone else have found a way to switch off all the electronic stability systems on the JL?

Thanks!

Sierra

First Name
Sierra
Threads
Reaction score
Website
link.sierrar.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon, 2015 BMW 328i F30
Build Thread
Link