Not open for further replies.

jurassic3k

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Willys, 2021 Kia Telluride SX AWD
That is for the Sport model. You cannot order a Rubicon with an Automatic and 3.6 unless it is the E-Torque configuration.
Mine is a Willys....exactly like the one the original poster listed questioning if it was real...so I included my window sticker

OllieChristopher

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 GMC 2WD Sierra, 4.3, NV3500, 3:73/TruTrac
Mine is a Willys....exactly like the one the original poster listed questioning if it was real...so I included my window sticker
That's cool. Apparently the Rubicon is unable to option the non E-torque 3.6.

blueweb

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'04 TJ Rubicon, '22 4xe Rubicon
Soooo... if I was to buy a JL, should I go for one that has ESS or eTorque?

zrickety

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon 2DR 3.6L 6MT, VW 2.0T
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Technician

Sponsored

YippieKiYayMrFalcon

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 80th Anniversary
Vehicle Showcase
Soooo... if I was to buy a JL, should I go for one that has ESS or eTorque?
I’ve had both. The auxiliary batteries are absolute dog shit. I commuted 40+ Highway miles round trip (pre COVID) daily, and my aux was still dying every 3-6 months. At one point they replaced both batteries 3 times in a 3 month period. The aux battery would die while my jeep was sitting at the dealer having other work done to it.

I have a 2021 with eTorque now and love it. Not to mention the “very complicated battery” is covered by a federally mandated 8yr/80k mile warranty because it’s a mild hybrid. I will take that over the crap ESS/aux battery any day.

if I still had the non-eTorque jeep, I’d replace both batteries with a true dual battery setup.

Vinman

First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
I just looked on the Canadian Jeep site and it looks like the Rubicon is the only trim level that is not available with the V6 auto and no e-torque, every other trim levels you can get the V6/auto without e-torque

Kyanche

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
if I still had the non-eTorque jeep, I’d replace both batteries with a true dual battery setup.
This is what I'll probably do myself. I agree, get the etorque option. Last I heard the aftermarket dual battery setup still glitches sometimes.

JLUandCJ-7

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sahara w/mods
Vehicle Showcase
But why are they paying $2500 for the AT? If you choose the 2.0T non e-torque the AT is $1,500.

Sounds like Jeep pockets an extra $1,000 if you choose the V6 non-Etorque AT configuration.
16k miles on my eTorque 3.6 and still no problems, or problem threads that I've seen. Seen a lot of more problem threads on the 2.0 (which is arguably more complex, but it differing ways).

However, there is no such thing as a non-complex modern engine. Que Será, Será.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
I just looked on the Canadian Jeep site and it looks like the Rubicon is the only trim level that is not available with the V6 auto and no e-torque, every other trim levels you can get the V6/auto without e-torque
You can only get a Rubicon with the non-eTorque V6 & manual transmission, or a Rubicon automatic only with the 2.0T, or the V6 & auto only on Rubicon XR, or an automatic Sahara only with the V6 eTorque, or a Sport automatic with the non-eTorque V6...

Then the price of the V6 went up but the price of the automatic transmission down; the price of the 2.0T went down but the price of the auto went up...then the price of eTorque went up on Sport and down on Sahara...

:headbang:

I honestly can’t keep track anymore of whatever it is Jeep is trying to do.

Last edited:

Sponsored

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase

Jeepnutz

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon XR
I’ve had both. The auxiliary batteries are absolute dog shit. I commuted 40+ Highway miles round trip (pre COVID) daily, and my aux was still dying every 3-6 months. At one point they replaced both batteries 3 times in a 3 month period. The aux battery would die while my jeep was sitting at the dealer having other work done to it.

I have a 2021 with eTorque now and love it. Not to mention the “very complicated battery” is covered by a federally mandated 8yr/80k mile warranty because it’s a mild hybrid. I will take that over the crap ESS/aux battery any day.

Why not just delete the idiotic Al Gore start stop BS? That was the first thing I deleted. We're not saving the planet driving a vehicle shaped like a freaking brick anyways LOL.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.